Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course help.

• 22-08-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I got 265 points and only one HC3. Is there any course I could still do in NUIG? I really don't want to repeat. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Threader13 wrote: »
    I got 265 points and only one HC3. Is there any course I could still do in NUIG? I really don't want to repeat. Thanks in advance.

No unfortunately lowest is 300 in arts I think. Unless you really don't want to repeat thats your best bet but it may be a compete waste of your time. I thought of doing the same but I'm repeating:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You could keep your eye on the Vacant Places list, but I really wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it.

The only course I *remember* NUIG offering on it last year was the Arts through Irish option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Wouldn't doing a PLC course be a better option assuming he would get 8 distinctions in his course? That sounds a bit less borring than repeating LC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If there's an appropriate PLC accessible to him with links to the third level course he wants, it's certainly an option to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Don't you need at least 2 HC3s or better to be accepted to any of the universities? If so, you don't meet basic requirements for any university course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Threader13

Thanks for the help guys, I decided to do a plc in gti instead to get into arts next year.

Advertisement