Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need new Running Shoes?

• 22-08-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I've come from the couch and run the Limerick half and Cork full Marathons. I will be running the Dublin marathon in late October so just getting back into full training for it.

All my running to date (< 500 miles) was in an old pair of running shoes I had lying around (Nike Air Monarchs). I did have some Knee soreness while training, it was sored by a quick visit to the physio, a massage and some shoe inserts.

My question is, should I bother getting new runners? I'm just back from 9k in my current ones and they feel fine, as do I. I am tempted to stick with the existing runners but don't want to be a fool. Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

It's a good idea to have a second pair that you alternate between them and your current ones. This means that when current ones come to the end of their life you already have a pair you can wear instead of having to break in some new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'd say yes, that's a lot of wear on one pair of shoes. You say they feel fine, but what are you comparing them to?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John G

When I say they feel fine I mean that they are very comfortable and I have no issues with them at all. I like the logic of breaking in a back up pair.

Advertisement