Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Siobhnk wrote: »
    One of my kittens has gone missing :( she's all black and it's pitch black outside :( P
    awh, hope ya find her!! O: kittens are the cutest. (':
    ConTheCat wrote: »
    Just decided I'd do my CAO with all the chitchat here! It's been saying please wait for like 5 mins now?? Anyone else have that!?
    I haven't got a clue what Imma do about that darn CAO yoke. bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Manic2 wrote: »
    I'm going for Science Ed in Maynooth? Anyone else for it? :)
    Also thinking of Arts or religion & English Ed.

I have to make my mind up yet. :L

Yeah thats my number one choice at the moment! :) Its the first I heard of anyone going for it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

I've been thinking about doing biology teaching for second level too, but I literally know nothing about it.
    Any budding secondary school teachers wanna tell me what they know? :pac:
    Wouldn't a common science entry do it for teaching 2nd level? Junoir Cert at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Wouldn't a common science entry do it for teaching 2nd level? Junoir Cert at least?

No idea. I only started thinking about this a few days ago. :pac:

No idea. I only started thinking about this a few days ago. :pac:
    ahh right, check the prospectus' books, most have a 'career oppurtunites' bit on the course you want, some science ones say you'll be able to teach it in 2nd level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I wanna do Arts with French and German/Italian, but I also wanna do Biopharmaceutical Chemistry...:/ Tbh I wish we had less choice!

Right, I think it's dark enough to start playing Amnesia.
    I'll be back in about 10 minutes after I start crying with fear.
    Nah, it can't be that bad. :)

Wish me luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I should probably decide what courses to go for soon but there's hardly anything I'm interested in :( I'm half thinking of a year out...am I the only one here with no idea? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Manic2 wrote: »
    I'm going for Science Ed in Maynooth? Anyone else for it? :)
    Also thinking of Arts or religion & English Ed.

I have to make my mind up yet. :L
    Boeing777 wrote: »
    Yeah thats my number one choice at the moment! :) Its the first I heard of anyone going for it! :p

I'm also considering doing it! :) I'm not definite though, it's either that or the common entry into science in Trinity. My mind changes every day/few minutes, today I'm thinking Trinity, but tomorrow I could be 100% set on Maynooth! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

grand :cool: people i know were all like you have to fill em' all out.

FILL IT OUT COMPLETELY!!!!

God you would have to be crazy not to. My sister did the same as a person here and only put down two for each. All four courses went up by 30+ points and she was without a college course, sitting at home for a full year.
    There are ten places for a reason... so use them. Cover yourself 100%, even if you are only half interested in your 6-10 choice. You can always transfer.
    Also check out the points for the courses and try and have a even spread. Think about the worst possible scenarios and prepare for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Lads, I have no motivation, I was gonna stay home tonight to study but a friend texted me asking was I going out, and I couldn't say no! :pac: So in about 2 hours I'll be downing a naggin before going into a pub instead of rote learning Adrienne Rich. Fml or Lml? Not too sure yet. But I haven't opened a book today.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Lads, I have no motivation, I was gonna stay home tonight to study but a friend texted me asking was I going out, and I couldn't say no! :pac: So in about 2 hours I'll be downing a naggin before going into a pub instead of rote learning Adrienne Rich. Fml or Lml? Not too sure yet. But I haven't opened a book today.
    mise freisin. was gonna skip the 18th and actually do my homework. But I'll leave all the stress for tomorrow! :D
    lalalala :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

love your life? drink or adrienne rich? I'd know what i;d pick:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So, is the CAO website open for business again then?? :eek: Jesus the time's already flying, I'm just after realising it's actually November... NOVEMBER like!! That's almost like half the year being over! :o

OH GOD THIS GAME.
    F*ck this. :(

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    FILL IT OUT COMPLETELY!!!!

God you would have to be crazy not to. My sister did the same as a person here and only put down two for each. All four courses went up by 30+ points and she was without a college course, sitting at home for a full year.
    There are ten places for a reason... so use them. Cover yourself 100%, even if you are only half interested in your 6-10 choice. You can always transfer.
    Also check out the points for the courses and try and have a even spread. Think about the worst possible scenarios and prepare for them.
    Good point lad, i'd hate to have to end up repeating 6th year again :pac:

OH GOD THIS GAME.
    F*ck this. :(
    what game?

what game?

Amnesia: the dark decent. :(

Amnesia: the dark decent. :(
    why the sad face?

I'm guessing you haven't played it. It's the scariest thing ever made. :(

• Advertisement

I'm guessing you haven't played it. It's the scariest thing ever made. :(
    Really? sounds intriguing ha

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I've made a plan! A decision!! For the christmas concert :L
    Gonna try get a crowd up doing karaoke for the deaf :D

I've made a plan! A decision!! For the christmas concert :L
    Gonna try get a crowd up doing karaoke for the deaf :D

And there I was thinking someone around here was going to start studying. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

That'll be some shock when it happens :pac: According to facebook I'm not the only one in my year that hasn't started homework or study so s'all good :D

Joey. wrote: »

That'll be some shock when it happens :pac: According to facebook I'm not the only one in my year that hasn't started homework or study so s'all good :D
    Don't worry the panic will set in after Christmas :)

Pfffft!!! Don't be silly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I know its really odd! ah well :) dont think i'd like trinity

omg my dog went missing there 20 mins ago snap :( but i found him so its k :) hope you find your kitten :(

Kitten has been found :D my sister dropped me off up town and when she came back she was there waiting :P

Well this place is dead tonight...Yet Again I'm the only creep in on a Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Well this place is dead tonight...Yet Again I'm the only creep in on a Saturday :D

You're not alone. Rushing to try to get the backlog of homework done for monday

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »
    You're not alone. Rushing to try to get the backlog of homework done for monday
    Not even doing that, watching the Brendan O Connor show ! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement