Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Joey. wrote: »
    What d'ya have to study? I'd honestly rather have to do that :(

English - Rich, Boland, Heaney, Comparative mode: Vision and Viewpoint (2 essays in the test)
    Irish - The 5 poems (question on one of them) and an essay about poverty
    French - Don't really know what's on the test. I don't need to study for French though
    Maths - Algebra I, Algebra II, Complex Numbers, Area Volume and Perimeter and the two chapters we've done in the Project Maths supplement, don't even know what they're called!
    Chemistry - Chapters 21, 22 and 23 (bear in mind that that's all the Organic Chemistry and is 1/4 of the course)
    Business - Chapters 1-8
    Biology - Every experiment on the syllabus

All I've done so far is my Irish essay, one business chapter and one chem chapter. :/

Oh I'm not gonna be counting Maths btw, it's my only pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm definitely not counting Maths or Irish, and more than likely not counting LCVP either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Maths=the easiest subject! I don't get all of this hate for maths, everything is the same, it's basically all one big algebra sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

English - Rich, Boland, Heaney, Comparative mode: Vision and Viewpoint (2 essays in the test)
    Irish - The 5 poems (question on one of them) and an essay about poverty
    French - Don't really know what's on the test. I don't need to study for French though
    Maths - Algebra I, Algebra II, Complex Numbers, Area Volume and Perimeter and the two chapters we've done in the Project Maths supplement, don't even know what they're called!
    Chemistry - Chapters 21, 22 and 23 (bear in mind that that's all the Organic Chemistry and is 1/4 of the course)
    Business - Chapters 1-8
    Biology - Every experiment on the syllabus

All I've done so far is my Irish essay, one business chapter and one chem chapter. :/

Holy mother divine thank fcuk I don't have pre-mocks :eek: Just over 12 weeks 'til my mocks start :(
    What is going on with Project Maths?? I can do the questions in the book no bother but we got part of a sample paper to do for midterm and I'm stumped :confused: Not doing honours anymore I'm glad to say, couldn't see myself passing it :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Cian A wrote: »
    Maths=the easiest subject! I don't get all of this hate for maths, everything is the same, it's basically all one big algebra sum.

I think I speak for everyone when I say **** you Cian. :p

Joey. wrote: »
    Holy mother divine thank fcuk I don't have pre-mocks :eek: Just over 12 weeks 'til my mocks start :(
    What is going on with Project Maths?? I can do the questions in the book no bother but we got part of a sample paper to do for midterm and I'm stumped :confused: Not doing honours anymore I'm glad to say, couldn't see myself passing it :/

I think these are bad, just wait until the mocks! Haha, my mocks are gonna be shameful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Should probably have stayed in today and finished off my homework... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

maths isn't easy for most people
    your one of the lucky ones most just cant understand it

Lads, how do ye go about studying poets? And what questions are likely to be asked on Boland? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Thank god for marking schemes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Lads, how do ye go about studying poets? And what questions are likely to be asked on Boland? :)

"Boland; what's the point?"

Please don't make me go back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i know i said i'd come back when i'm finished my homework but for gods sake i need a break. mind = blown!
    I'm finally finished that fecking question on Heaney. almost 8 pages long.. too much. agh :( don't even know how i managed that.

NOW! Anyone wanna tell me what to write in my irish essay about politics!? f**king politics. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Please don't make me go back. :(

we all must suffer school its a team event:p

I think I speak for everyone when I say **** you Cian. :p

No offence taken I do the same in school and I just love that reaction:p. I am sick:pac:.

In fairness it doesn't go for every subject I can hardly put a sentence of french together:o.

Bubbleope wrote: »
    i know i said i'd come back when i'm finished my homework but for gods sake i need a break. mind = blown!
    I'm finally finished that fecking question on Heaney. almost 8 pages long.. too much. agh :( don't even know how i managed that.

NOW! Anyone wanna tell me what to write in my irish essay about politics!? f**king politics. :confused:

Politics, are you serious!?

Tá gach rud cac sa tír seo sa lá atá inniu ann. Is bastéirdí iad na FF polaiteorí go leir agus ní beidh aon rud diffrúil leis an rialtas nua atá againn. Anuas ar sin beidh muid agus ár paistí ag fulaingt le haighaidh tréibhse an-fhada. Níl aon réiteach. Rith! Gach duine rith! Fág an tír láithreach...

Then get your friend to hand it in and fake sick.

Bubbleope wrote: »

Daoine dána is ea na poláiteírí, thóg siad ár n-airgead agus níl aon postanna ann sa tír da bharr.

That's what I would write in the exam if I hadn't learnt anything and it came up, do ya think it'd get me an A? :)

Politics, are you serious!?

Tá gach rud cac sa tír seo sa lá atá inniu ann. Is bastéirdí iad na FF polaiteorí go leir agus ní beidh aon rud diffrúil leis an rialtas nua atá againn. Anuas ar sin beidh muid agus ár paistí ag fulaingt le haighaidh tréibhse an-fhada. Níl aon réiteach. Rith! Gach duine rith! Fág an tír láithreach...

Then get your friend to hand it in and fake sick.
    hahaha is aoibhinn liom é! :pac:
    And yeah, i am serious. My teacher did say we can either give out about politicians in Ireland or talk about all the good they do.. but there's not much there. Bleh. I don't even pay attention to any of this politics business! Don't know what to write at all.. :P Although what you wrote there is sorta helpful in a way! :p

Daoine dána is ea na poláiteírí, thóg siad ár n-airgead agus níl aon postanna ann sa tír da bharr.

That's what I would write in the exam if I hadn't learnt anything and it came up, do ya think it'd get me an A? :)
    it would indubitably! :P A1 gan dabht!

• Advertisement

Wahey for pass Irish! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

My teacher had to give the class phonetic spellings for Colscaradh. Not so sure that I'm glad I dropped :o

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

M&S* wrote: »
    I have a comparative essay to do - it's like 7 a4 pages! oh joy.
    I know how you feel!
    I've an entire french paper to do! It's a pre aswell so I've nothing to help me with the comprehensions! :( I done 12 hours of study this week, I shouldn't have more to do? :confused:
    I know, starting to hate Sundays now :D

Wahey for going to an Irish school and finding gaeilge easy :)

Colaiste Eoin gan dabht! UCD transna an bóthar agus gach rud.

Now tell some of these clowns how great Dublin is, they hate our county and it makety me feels bad:(. We live in the nice part of Dublin;)

Edit: We also seem to have a taste for futurama characters? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Turns out I have way more to do than I thought. Effort effort effort

Colaiste Eoin gan dabht! UCD transna an bóthar agus gach rud.

Now tell some of these clowns how great Dublin is, they hate our county and it makety me feels bad:(. We live in the nice part of Dublin;)

Edit: We also seem to have a taste for futurama characters? :p
    Colaiste Eoin? Ta an t-adh leat!! Of course Dublin is the best county, sure we're the home of Guinness and current all-Ireland champs :D and on the characters, is rud Ath-Cliath e :)

Up the rebels, tbh. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Kitten has been found :D my sister dropped me off up town and when she came back she was there waiting :P

awwww thats great :D
    lads i'm off school tomorrow cz i'm sick...... the mountain is still dere
    but who's jealous ?

• Advertisement

Up the rebels, tbh. ;)
    My career guidance teachers from cork. I don't like her ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement