Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

yeah ever :) one of the most popular ? really?

i know what you mean :(
    did you get all your homework done last night?
    Let's just say that I did...enough:p
    Just did all my homework and studied a chapter of business and a chapter of biology. So proud!

Even I'm proud of you! Hear that world? We are not a crowd of wasters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cian A wrote: »
    Let's just say that I did...enough:p

Even I'm proud of you! Hear that world? We are not a crowd of wasters!

We are not! And guess what? I don't even have a test (well apart from le big quiz in June), I just studied them anyway cause I'm a model student! :D

Now everyone, live vicariously through me!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

We are not! And guess what? I don't even have a test (well apart from le big quiz in June), I just studied them anyway cause I'm a model student! :D

Now everyone, live vicariously through me!
    I shall watch an episode of futurama in your honour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anyone watching I'm A Celebrity or are ye busy studying? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Bubbleope wrote: »
    Congratulations!! :D
    ah no, good luck! (: You'll be fine. :)
    I'm going to the orthodontist tomorrow! :D
    Thanks I'm so flipping excited, don't know what to pack or anything :L
    Oh wow I used to love going there :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

M&S* wrote: »
    Anyone watching I'm A Celebrity or are ye busy studying? :o
    nope! and i'm not gonna start either! I'll get addicted. D:
    xD Actually gave up tv shows. Now to see how long it'll last. :p
    ConTheCat wrote: »
    Thanks I'm so flipping excited, don't know what to pack or anything :L
    Oh wow I used to love going there :P
    And why are you excited? O: I wouldn't like to be getting mine taking out!!
    "used to" evil. xD I can't wait to get me braces off! But I actually love my orthodontist, he's such a nerd!! :D He's so funny. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Could anyone else not sleep last night? I was awake until 6 and had to get up (and finish English..) at 7 :(

I think I got less than an hour of sleep :( I had big plans to actually study and all, but I could feel myself drifting off half through writing a sentence...that's a first

nope! and i'm not gonna start either! I'll get addicted. D:
    xD Actually gave up tv shows. Now to see how long it'll last. :p
    I pretty much ditched TV bar my favourites (Misfits ftw:D!) and of course the football!
    And why are you excited? O: I wouldn't like to be getting mine taking out!!
    "used to" evil. xD I can't wait to get me braces off! But I actually love my orthodontist, he's such a nerd!! :D He's so funny. xD

Braces off was the best feeling ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Pff, I only watch Misfits, Gossip Girl, Made In Chelsea and The Good Wife. That's, like, hardly anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I got two results back today btw, most de-motivating thing ever.

I got 43% in Chemistry and 77% in English.

My chem teacher said that she sets and marks tests harder than they'd be in the exam to make us work, but it has the opposite effect for me. There's no better feeling than getting a really good grade, whereas when I get a terrible grade like I did in chem it makes me think that since if I work hard and still do horrifically, what's the point in doing anything. So disappointed, wish I'd studied harder.

Also, I wanted to study biopharmaceutical chemistry in uni, but now I don't know what to do since apparently I'm **** at it, although it's one of my favourite subjects. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I got back a crap chem result today too. Its so hard to do well in :(

Don't be too discouraged, theres loads of time left to fix it. Ask your teacher how you could improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

My chem teacher said that she sets and marks tests harder than they'd be in the exam to make us work, but it has the opposite effect for me. There's no better feeling than getting a really good grade, whereas when I get a terrible grade like I did in chem it makes me think that since if I work hard and still do horrifically, what's the point in doing anything. So disappointed, wish I'd studied harder.

Also, I wanted to study biopharmaceutical chemistry in uni, but now I don't know what to do since apparently I'm **** at it, although it's one of my favourite subjects. :(

I'm the same, if I don't do well I just think what's the point? Not a nice feeling :(
    In other news, I had a test today and it was so bad I couldn't hand it up. Now that was fairly horrific :pac:

I pretty much ditched TV bar my favourites (Misfits ftw:D!) and of course the football!

Braces off was the best feeling ever!
    Yeah whatever!! xD I'll get them off SOME time. arghh. xD Actually have to watch Misfits and see what all the hype is about. It's one of the shows I actually haven't watched EVER in my life. :P
    Namlub wrote: »
    Pff, I only watch Misfits, Gossip Girl, Made In Chelsea and The Good Wife. That's, like, hardly anything...
    Gossip Girl is the only one I watch there. ♥
    I got a list of about 20 tv shows I'll be missing until the summer holidays!! xD

If i get a crappy result in a certain subject it makes me really angry and then i hate the teacher! :pac:
    But it actually makes me study and then I get a good result in the next test and then I still hate the teacher for previously giving me a bad grade but at least I get a good grade. :p ?? if ya know what i mean.. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I got back a crap chem result today too. Its so hard to do well in :(

Don't be too discouraged, theres loads of time left to fix it. Ask your teacher how you could improve.

Don't worry, ye can't be as bad at chemistry as I am! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Had my parent teacher meeting and nearly all positive yay! :) My maths teacher hates me but she's an absolute cow anyways

Yeah whatever!! xD I'll get them off SOME time. arghh. xD Actually have to watch Misfits and see what all the hype is about. It's one of the shows I actually haven't watched EVER in my life. :P

You! Misfits marathon. Now!!!

You! Misfits marathon. Now!!!
    You're not a good influence!! I'm meant to be on a tv show strike here!!! xD
    craving a good awld dose of tv though.. D:D:D: THE TEMPTATION KILLS ME!!!! :eek:

I've nearly got all of those songs already Coeur! Also had to take some off my playlist because you had them! :pac:

Anyone see/hear the news last night? That murder in Cork with a second body being found this morning? Yeah? I live there.

I've never been so scared to be in town in my life. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Anyone see/hear the news last night? That murder in Cork with a second body being found this morning? Yeah? I live there.

It was an English chap they found, right?

• Advertisement

It was an English chap they found, right?

That was the second guy, yeah. The first guy lived literally 5 minutes walk from mine. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I hadn't heard anything, where did it happen? Most of my family lives there too :/

Joey. wrote: »
    I hadn't heard anything, where did it happen? Most of my family lives there too :/

Bandon. Please don't stalk me!

Bandon. Please don't stalk me!

I wouldn't worry about your safety, it's usually family feuds and drug related stuff, someone was killed around the corner from me too! Cork, you've got to be careful!

I wouldn't worry about your safety, it's usually family feuds and drug related stuff, someone was killed around the corner from me too! Cork, you've got to be careful!

I think it was drugs to be honest. Not 100% sure though. Scary stuff!

Tis, it's weird seeing where you live on RTE aswell, :pac:

Decided I'm not going to my debs, hopefully I won't regret this... Can't wait to get all the "You have to go"s in school tomorrow.

Why aren't you going? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

You're not a good influence!! I'm meant to be on a tv show strike here!!! xD
    craving a good awld dose of tv though.. D:D:D: THE TEMPTATION KILLS ME!!!! :eek:

I highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Why aren't you going? :O

Effort, Money, and/or hating almost everyone in yer year?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Tis, it's weird seeing where you live on RTE aswell, :pac:

Decided I'm not going to my debs, hopefully I won't regret this... Can't wait to get all the "You have to go"s in school tomorrow.
    I don't wanna go either since I don't like half my year, but if I don't I know for sure that I'll regret it! :P So i'm gonna go!
    You should go too? Yeah? GO!! :)

I recommend putting spray deodorant in your bag/purse incase just to spray the evil people in zee eyeballs!! :P
    Pepper Spray is illegal here isn't it? S: Wish it weren't..
    _Bella_ wrote: »
    I highly recommend it!
    O:! I might watch some over the christmas holidays so. (: hopefully won't get too addicted! D:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement