Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Left school without a note and without signing out, so I'm either going to get fcuked out of it tomorrow, or no-one will have even noticed. I promised myself I'd study but I've been lying in bed fully clothed for the past three hours. My Irish teacher needs to stop giving us aurals to do at home every night, they are a nuisance. I hate this weather. Wah.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Ah sure only someone from cork would say that ;)

And as much as I love the inbetweeners, I haven't seen that movie either. :p
    Ahh here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

So we're heading to trinners with that science quiz next Saturday. We came second. After a battle of 9 tiebreakers. It was horrific. I never want to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Anyone up for CIT tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Only one person asked for a playlist. Awks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

I'm such a fail at studying :( :P

I'll be going to C.I.T. Saturday anyone else going ?

I'll wear my Barbarians jersey in case anybody wants to identify/stalk me :P :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Only one person asked for a playlist. Awks :pac:

Didn't know you were making one? Send it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    So we're heading to trinners with that science quiz next Saturday. We came second. After a battle of 9 tiebreakers. It was horrific. I never want to do it again.

Congratulations. €40 quid each yeh:p. Trinity was packed today, 70 schools, we came around 20th. But only one guy did chemistry in our group and the quiz was like 70% chemistry!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Which centre were you in? :) I was in Kells, lets say I won't be joining you in Trinners.. B)! But best of luck!! The chemistry questions were lovely actually haha

Zhavey wrote: »
    Which centre were you in? :) I was in Kells, lets say I won't be joining you in Trinners.. B)! But best of luck!! The chemistry questions were lovely actually haha

My teammate was stumped for half of the chem questions! It was so frustrating having no input into some of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

There was a massive amount of organic chem questions it was mad :L

There was a massive amount of organic chem questions it was mad :L

It was indeed mad! Give me a physics question ffs. All of these diagrams of chemistryey stuff. Hadn't a notion. At least I could get some biology ones from general knowledge like the femur one, blood types, protein etc. Despite not doing biology!

Cian A wrote: »
    Congratulations. €40 quid each yeh:p. Trinity was packed today, 70 schools, we came around 20th. But only one guy did chemistry in our group and the quiz was like 70% chemistry!

Nah was €20, but it does the job! Yeah it was weird alright. Wasnt too keen on the questions myself.
    Haha no way?! I was too! Those tie breakers were horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

What plans have ye for the weekend? 5 eighteenths on as 1 big party Saturday night. Nice one! And a bit of study....maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Hoping to get 20 hours study done from Friday evening up to Sunday.

M&S* wrote: »

Sweet Jesus. :eek:

Sweet Jesus. :eek:
    Lads I don't know why I said that? It'd be q miracle if I done two hours. It must have been my anti social side that posted that!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

That's such an optimistic post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hate school and everyone involved in it :(

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I hate school and everyone involved in it :(
    Why? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

Waaaahhhhaaaay! ...House exams are over (or premocks as most of ye seem to call them)! AND my mam got me Westlife tickets! LML! Now bring on the weekend so i can get a well deserved shot :D

Why? :(

First off, I have to get up insanely early now because of lift problems. I'm in school for 7.45 as opposed to 8.50 now. Secondly, I had to drop levels in a subject I really like because my teacher got nothing covered last year and its too much work.

Then I have this dumb friend who treated me like **** for 3 months, realized she had lost the last friend she had (me) and was going to be forced to spend sixth year with another set of idiotic girls who hate her. Suddenly she's all apologies and is trying to talk to me. She can go **** herself, to be frank. I have no more energy for her, and I thought I'd always have energy for her.:mad:

First off, I have to get up insanely early now because of lift problems. I'm in school for 7.45 as opposed to 8.50 now. Secondly, I had to drop levels in a subject I really like because my teacher got nothing covered last year and its too much work.

Then I have this dumb friend who treated me like **** for 3 months, realized she had lost the last friend she had (me) and was going to be forced to spend sixth year with another set of idiotic girls who hate her. Suddenly she's all apologies and is trying to talk to me. She can go **** herself, to be frank. I have no more energy for her, and I thought I'd always have energy for her.:mad:
    Oh god :/ hope you're okay :( I can safely say everyone on this thread is here for you petal x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Think that's bad?

My mam was driving home from Limerick this evening. On the road home she passed the house of a fellow LC student and saw the bedroom light on. She presumes they're studying (wtf?) and arrives home expecting me to be doing the same. And gets thick with me when I'm not.

All this after 2 hours of after-school study? On Friday evening? FML.

I feel for you, really. Life's often a bitch, hopefully the grass is greener on the other side.

That's tough! :( What were you made drop down in?

Forget about the old friend, move on they're not worth it! There's people who'll treat you better!
    13spanner wrote: »
    Think that's bad?

My mam was driving home from Limerick this evening. On the road home she passed the house of a fellow LC student and saw the bedroom light on. She presumes they're studying (wtf?) and arrives home expecting me to be doing the same. And gets thick with me when I'm not.

All this after 2 hours of after-school study? On Friday evening? FML.
    We all have our problems, our own generally seem more serious than those of others but really it's not always the case...

Oh god :/ hope you're okay :( I can safely say everyone on this thread is here for you petal x
    Cian A wrote: »
    I feel for you, really. Life's often a bitch, hopefully the grass is greener on the other side.
    That's tough! :( What were you made drop down in?

Forget about the old friend, move on they're not worth it! There's people who'll treat you better!

We all have our problems, our own generally seem more serious than those of others but really it's not always the case...

I wish I knew everyone on here in real life. You're all so nice to me and my complaining!!

Irish, I didn't technically have to drop down but it was damaging my other subjects because I was spending hours doing extra essays, correcting them,writing them out again etc and at the end of the day I still wouldn't have come out with a good enough grade to make it worth doing. the career guidance said I'd do better pointswise if I dropped Oh well :(

Lads, I love CIT. Like, I want to go there so badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Ughhhhhhh, got my history essay back after 4 weeks (yes I know) and it wasnt even graded. Just a comment saying it was the best essay I'd done so far - I got 100 before, so naturally this should be an A1?
    Anyway, I gave him up my next essay and asked would he grade that one. He said he would but he wont grade all of them.

I feel like screaming. Do your ****ing job ugh! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ughhhhhhh, got my history essay back after 4 weeks (yes I know) and it wasnt even graded. Just a comment saying it was the best essay I'd done so far - I got 100 before, so naturally this should be an A1?
    Anyway, I gave him up my next essay and asked would he grade that one. He said he would but he wont grade all of them.

I feel like screaming. Do your ****ing job ugh! :(

I gave my history teacher a couple of contextualisation questions in sept !!! and have i got them back ? NO :mad: grrr what is with these history teachers :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement