Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I gave my history teacher a couple of contextualisation questions in sept !!! and have i got them back ? NO :mad: grrr what is with these history teachers :mad:
    We've never done any of those! :( Its so irritating, like whats the point in even doing them?!

I do my essays so I can get a good grade and feel like the work paid off. I have no motivation to do them anymore and for all I know I'm learning off C standard essays. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Patchy~ wrote: »
    We've never done any of those! :( Its so irritating, like whats the point in even doing them?!

I do my essays so I can get a good grade and feel like the work paid off. I have no motivation to do them anymore and for all I know I'm learning off C standard essays. :/

I know what you mean :( have you finished your RSR?

Kind of..I did one draft in 5th year and added some on in 6th year but he's given me no feedback other than "perfect!" but like, first draft, perfect? :/ We havent done our evaluation of sources or outline plan or anything yet, just the essay so far. What about you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I wish I knew everyone on here in real life. You're all so nice to me and my complaining!!

Irish, I didn't technically have to drop down but it was damaging my other subjects because I was spending hours doing extra essays, correcting them,writing them out again etc and at the end of the day I still wouldn't have come out with a good enough grade to make it worth doing. the career guidance said I'd do better pointswise if I dropped Oh well :(

Sure you've still got 6 other honours subjects, you're going to focus on chemistry now yeah? In the long run, it'd probably be for the best, you wont have to stress about Irish anymore :)

And everyone complains on here, it's not just you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Do people here just write essays for themselves then ask for them to be corrected?? Damn, makes me feel bad about the lack of work I do:pac:

• Advertisement

I don't do essays that aren't given for homework. I'd probably hand more up if there was a chance I'd get them back properly corrected. My irish teacher just ticks essays a few times and writes ar fheabhas or an mhaith at the end. I must have made some tiny mistake that I'll continue to make if she doesn't correct it properly! :mad:

Kind of..I did one draft in 5th year and added some on in 6th year but he's given me no feedback other than "perfect!" but like, first draft, perfect? :/ We havent done our evaluation of sources or outline plan or anything yet, just the essay so far. What about you? :)
    em 10 drafts later and its almost finished :) one or two more drafts should do it :)
    have to say your either really good at history or your teacher is just a really nice marker !!! I've never got 100% in a history essay or "perfect" writtern on anything :P
    Cian A wrote: »
    Do people here just write essays for themselves then ask for them to be corrected?? Damn, makes me feel bad about the lack of work I do:pac:
    I havent anyways :( I die a little inside when i see people in my class do that :O

em 10 drafts later and its almost finished :) one or two more drafts should do it :)
    have to say your either really good at history or your teacher is just a really nice marker !!! I've never got 100% in a history essay or "perfect" writtern on anything :P

I havent anyways :(I die a little inside when i see people in my class :O

You surely must be almost in the grave by now:pac:

You surely must be almost in the grave by now:pac:

hahahahahaha :L............ its been a long day :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

On the back of our weekly cards my forcibly 'quirky' English teacher wrote "Very grumpy and confrontational. Is he seeing through me?"

Then gave it back to me laughing, and said that it was a light-hearted comment.

I'm still baffled.

• Advertisement

Superbus wrote: »
    On the back of our weekly cards my forcibly 'quirky' English teacher wrote "Very grumpy and confrontational. Is he seeing through me?"

Then gave it back to me laughing, and said that it was a light-hearted comment.

I'm still baffled.

What are cards? Like weekly reports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

What are cards? Like weekly reports?

Yeah pretty much. Mark from 1-5 in every subject, based on very little.

10 drafts?! God my teacher has been doing this all wrong :( And lol me being good at history, I've considered OL, I cant remember anything because my teacher doesnt even read it from the book! :eek: He's too nice of a marker - so nice that he refuses to mark them so people who do badly wont have their feelings hurt :rolleyes:

10 drafts?! God my teacher has been doing this all wrong :( And lol me being good at history, I've considered OL, I cant remember anything because my teacher doesnt even read it from the book! :eek: He's too nice of a marker - so nice that he refuses to mark them so people who do badly wont have their feelings hurt :rolleyes:

well in all fairness my teacher told me to change my structure in one so i did... then told me to change it .... to exactly what i had before !!! :mad: dont worry bout it dear we will survive it :) have you finished course yet?

Ahh maybe we will, might scrape a C, who knows :o
    We're almost finished our third book now but I havent got a clue whats going on. I cant follow it D: Then we just have the documents book, you? :)

Oh yeah does anybody know what the hell a document is for french!? My teacher just told us to do it, no other info.:eek:

Ahh maybe we will, might scrape a C, who knows :o
    We're almost finished our third book now but I havent got a clue whats going on. I cant follow it D: Then we just have the documents book, you? :)

third book ? documents book !!! :eek: we only have two books haha
    em just on our last topic now finished by christmas she says :) but then again who knows :rolleyes:

Oh yeah does anybody know what the hell a document is for french!? My teacher just told us to do it, no other info.:eek:
    haha a picture or an article or something :) just something your interested in and that you can talk about ! or you on a trip somewhere or something :P
    ..I dont even do french :P

The document can be anything really, generally people go for personal things, holiday pictures, concert pictures etc. You have to have stuff prepped about the picture, basic stuff and be prepared for any questions the examiner might ask about it! Other than that I haven't a clue!

Ye have 3 french books? I've got one and it's ****e! :eek:

haha a picture or an article or something :) just something your interested in and that you can talk about ! or you on a trip somewhere or something :P
    ..I dont even do french :P

Might just bring in an article so:p

Sprechen Sie deutsch? That's right. I did German in 6th class:cool:

• Advertisement

Might just bring in an article so:p

Sprechen Sie deutsch? That's right. I did German in 6th class:cool:

Sehr gut !! :P Ich bin shockiert :P
    6th class german pro ? :rolleyes: swit swoo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Okay, so I get home from school at 6 everyday. Today I fell asleep at half 6 and woke up 10 minutes ago. This happened yesterday as well. I'm actually going to get clinical depression if this keeps carrying on.

Sehr gut !! :P Ich bin shockiert :P
    6th class german pro ? :rolleyes: swit swoo ;)

Nah we just watched videos about a guy that invited kids back to his train-home:pac:

A quick google should do the job....Henning's Haus ahha!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Okay, so I get home from school at 6 everyday. Today I fell asleep at half 6 and woke up 10 minutes ago. This happened yesterday as well. I'm actually going to get clinical depression if this keeps carrying on.

i read somewhere, possibly on this, that you can get into this weird sleeping pattern that works out really well when you do the exams: you go to bed everyday at 7/8, get 8 hours sleep, then study when you wake up at 4 or whenever, apparently the morning is the best time for learning, and then you wont be falling asleep while you study :L might try it sometime :P:pac:

Nah we just watched videos about a guy that invited kids back to his train-home:pac:

A quick google should do the job....Henning's Haus ahha!

haha so weird :pac: haha we used to sing german songs :rolleyes:
    es ist zwolf uhr :P

i read somewhere, possibly on this, that you can get into this weird sleeping pattern that works out really well when you do the exams: you go to bed everyday at 7/8, get 8 hours sleep, then study when you wake up at 4 or whenever, apparently the morning is the best time for learning, and then you wont be falling asleep while you study :L might try it sometime :P:pac:

Would you do that during the LC? Could feasibly work well I suppose, but then again you're facing a lot of book hours in a row.

haha so weird :pac: haha we used to sing german songs :rolleyes:
    es ist zwolf uhr :P

Here let me try this, and I'll be honest too:D;

Eins, zwei, drei, vier, funf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zen, einseig?, zwolf:cool:

Here let me try this, and I'll be honest too:D;

Eins, zwei, drei, vier, funf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zen, einseig?, zwolf:cool:

* zehn :P but your right like
    11 = elf :P good educated guess though :P
    still i'm disappointed ... expected more from a 6th class pro :P ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I hate boys. I'm becoming a nun. No need for points, I picked up a brochure from them at higher options. Life= sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

That's so depressing like. I woke up and I had missed calls and texts from my friends wanting to meet up. So they all had a fun evening and my social hours are when everyone else is asleep :rolleyes:
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    I hate boys. I'm becoming a nun. No need for points, I picked up a brochure from them at higher options. Life= sorted.
    Oh, I'd love to spend my life serving the lord!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement