Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I hate boys. I'm becoming a nun. No need for points, I picked up a brochure from them at higher options. Life= sorted.

Cheers.

Yours Sincerely,

A boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

That's so depressing like. I woke up and I had missed calls and texts from my friends wanting to meet up. So they all had a fun evening and my social hours are when everyone else is asleep :rolleyes:

Oh, I'd love to spend my life serving the lord!
    Sure it'll be great craic I'm sure :pac:
    Cian A wrote: »
    Cheers.

Yours Sincerely,

A boy.
    With you being the exception m'dear :) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

No one want my playlists? No? Okay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Sure it'll be great craic I'm sure :pac:

With you being the exception m'dear :) :P
    Seriously tho, are you okay?
    M&S* wrote: »
    No one want my playlists? No? Okay :(

Gimme gimme gimme!
    Must be funny!
    In a rich man's world!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Ok, can someone please explain this to me? I just don't understand it!

So to do Science Education, which you can possibly go on to teach maths in, if you wish, you only need a pass level C3 or something, and that's great.
    But for Maths Education, which you would go on to teach maths in, you need a higher level C3, and they don't accept pass maths.
    Where's the sense there?
    Both in Maynooth btw..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

third book ? documents book !!! :eek: we only have two books haha
    em just on our last topic now finished by christmas she says :) but then again who knows :rolleyes:
    Yeah? :P My sister has two books in one or something so you probably have that :P I have Dictatorship & Democracy, The Pursuit of Sovereignty and The Impact of Partition 1912-1949, Society & Politics in Northern Ireland 1949-1993 and the documents book is the European Retreat from Empire. :) Lucky, we're gonna be finished Society & Politics by xmas but then there's all of the retreat :rolleyes:
    Manic2 wrote: »
    Ok, can someone please explain this to me? I just don't understand it!

So to do Science Education, which you can possibly go on to teach maths in, if you wish, you only need a pass level C3 or something, and that's great.
    But for Maths Education, which you would go on to teach maths in, you need a higher level C3, and they don't accept pass maths.
    Where's the sense there?
    Both in Maynooth btw..
    Well they probably accept a pass grade if they're only going to teach science but if you don't have honours maths, teaching maths probably isnt going to work out too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

We all have our problems, our own generally seem more serious than those of others but really it's not always the case...
    I know, I know. Sure I was only having the laugh? :(

Jesus the weeks are flying by :eek:

Seriously tho, are you okay?

Ah I'll survive. Thanks coeur :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

The EFFORT of absolutely everything right now. Really sick from getting tonsils out and tried an hour and a half of study before being given out to for not eating enough from...thats right, you guessed it my mother!!!! Leave me alone woman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Head down and try you're best guys. It will save you a lot of time and heartache when it comes to the CAO.
    Trust me, I sat my leaving cert in 2006 and failed miserably, mostly a result of poor preparation (lazyness)

I had to jump through a lot more hoops to get the career I wanted as a consequence! Do well in you're leaving and the number of paths that present themselves afterwards will be worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

GrumPy wrote: »
    Head down and try you're best guys. It will save you a lot of time and heartache when it comes to the CAO.
    Trust me, I sat my leaving cert in 2006 and failed miserably, mostly a result of poor preparation (lazyness)

I had to jump through a lot more hoops to get the career I wanted as a consequence! Do well in you're leaving and the number of paths that present themselves afterwards will be worth it!

I'll try but I just don't think I've enough thumbs to satisfy your demands:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Not looking forward to the Christmas Exams at all! Haven't done any study towards that yet :L

Giving the CAO one last chance to let my laser card work.. After that I'm not going college!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

anyone off to NUIM next Saturday?

coeur/cian i wasnt ignoring you guys on msn i just wasnt actually there sorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Patchy~ wrote: »
    coeur/cian i wasnt ignoring you guys on msn i just wasnt actually there sorry :P

Haven't had an msn convo in a while actually! :pac:

Coeur?....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I hate sorting student accommodation. :(

I hate sorting student accommodation. :(

I thought having student accommodation sorted would make me more determined to do well but it's been the opposite! :mad:

I thought having student accommodation sorted would make me more determined to do well but it's been the opposite! :mad:

Same! Where're you off to? :p

Wait... You're sorting it already?

• Advertisement

Same! Where're you off to? :p
    Mary I! What about yourself?

Well there's only a small number of on college accommodation for Mary I and my parents were pretty adamant that I stay on campus so they sorted it out straight away.

Yep, I'm a planner. :P
    Mary I! What about yourself?
    A friend and I have decided on CIT. :) My back up's UCC, so the same accom. wouldn't be too far from UCC. :)

Haven't had an msn convo in a while actually! :pac:

Coeur?....:P
    Indeed it has been a while! :P And yeah, Coeurdepirate? :pac:

Yep, I'm a planner. :P

A friend and I have decided on CIT. :) My back up's UCC, so the same accom. wouldn't be too far from UCC. :)
    Ah cool! :) If I went to either of them I'd have to live at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

ye have accommodation sorted:eek:

Ah cool! :) If I went to either of them I'd have to live at home

If I lived at home I'd have to get up at half 6 to get an 8 o'clock bus, and I wouldnt be home 'til past 6 at night. F that tbh. :p

Fair play to both of ye! I want to see where I end up first, could be either side of the country.

If I lived at home I'd have to get up at half 6 to get an 8 o'clock bus, and I wouldnt be home 'til past 6 at night. F that tbh. :p
    I'd have to be up at 7ish I'd say. Don't fancy it! :P
    Fair play to both of ye! I want to see where I end up first, could be either side of the country.

Haha, well if I don't get the points I wont be going there and will have lost 100 euro so maybe it's not so great..

WHOO somebody out there wants me to go to college!

• Advertisement

Pfft all you country people, UCD is only two buses away from me :P DCU is a short walk but...yeah, I dont wanna go there :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement