Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ha yeah can't wait for college :) makes me glad that soon the leaving cert will be over and I won't have to deal will annoying, screaming first-years anymore :D thank god

Instead, we shall be the annoying, screaming first-years. College style. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I know! :D Being treated like an adult, no uniform, no subjects you hate...it actually sounds amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Ha yeah can't wait for college :) makes me glad that soon the leaving cert will be over and I won't have to deal will annoying, screaming first-years anymore :D thank god

Instead, we shall be the annoying, screaming first-years. College style. :D
    Oh, the irony!

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I know! :D Being treated like an adult, no uniform, no subjects you hate...it actually sounds amazing :)
    Especially the no uniform part - I've been waiting for that for 18 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

6th Years don't wear uniform in my school - instead it's 'smart casual'... I'm underwhelmed to be honest.

Much more exciting things about transitioning to college anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

However I will miss...
    Nothing, nobody, not a thing... :D
    Anyone planning on studying aviation technology in DIT?

Superbus wrote: »
    6th Years don't wear uniform in my school - instead it's 'smart casual'... I'm underwhelmed to be honest.

Much more exciting things about transitioning to college anyway!
    I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Awh lads can't waaaaaaaait.

So tomorrow is another washout day for me, just like the entire of last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Jesus we're all gonna absolute hate school tomorrow if we're thinking about how great college is :pac: There's so many things I'm gonna love about college over secondary school I need not list them! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I'm so overtired. I mean, I just cried at an episode of futurama! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

For the first time in months i cant wait to go back to school on a monday morning :L

Enda kenny coming to our school and we are getting our second hpv injection!

bring on the LOL 's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I really can't wait for college either. I always dreaded going into sixth year but now, I know that in a few short months I'll be outta that school forever, and college is a tangible thing now, before, I never actually thought the time would come for me to go!

dumdiddle wrote: »
    For the first time in months i cant wait to go back to school on a monday morning :L

Oh Christ I'm getting that shot on Thursday..:( I was dead after the first one!
    Anyone who's getting it before Thursday, let me know if it's as bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My head hurts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Remember that 20 hours I was going to do?

I done 0...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Why haven't I heard of this injection yet?!

Go away needles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian A wrote: »
    Why haven't I heard of this injection yet?!

Go away needles!

its only for girls and coeur cian :P

its only for girls and couer cian :P

Should I be embarassed? I don't actually know what hpv is.

Stay strong Coeur:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

M&S* wrote: »
    Remember that 20 hours I was going to do?

I done 0...

Tintin can be counted as English study :pac:

• Advertisement

Cian A wrote: »
    Should I be embarassed? I don't actually know what hpv is.

Stay strong Coeur:pac:

haha nah dont worry bout it dearie :P
    i know Coeur is going to kill me when he sees that comment :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

It made my arm swell up like a bitch, plus I was on my period that week, bad times.

It made my arm swell up like a bitch, plus I was on my period that week, bad times.

life can be a bitch, Coeur ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

One thing I'm not looking forward to about college-having to get ready to go out every night! SUCH effort!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

Oh Christ I'm getting that shot on Thursday..:( I was dead after the first one!
    Anyone who's getting it before Thursday, let me know if it's as bad!

Got it today and it was bad! its hurts more than the first one :(
    I cant lift my arm up and its a bit numb but at least we were allowed have no homework! :D
    you will be grand though! ;) nobody could be as scared as me because i jumped when she gave me it and could not even look at her :L

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Am I the only one with the problem of not going into school?
    For the past few weeks I've had one day off a week, and been late at least one other day.
    I always feel terrible for doing it, but I can't shake it.

It's mostly my sleeping pattern. Anytime I sleep, I sleep for 12 hours straight, and I can't get out of the pattern.

:(

I'm actually so pissed off right now I must vent. Absolute **** of a teacher sends me home from study for not having a note for absences on thursday & friday while on school duty. No days leverage or anything. Plus I was sick all weekend it was really the last thing on my mind. Absolute dickhead.

Manic2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one with the problem of not going into school?
    For the past few weeks I've had one day off a week, and been late at least one other day.
    I always feel terrible for doing it, but I can't shake it.

It's mostly my sleeping pattern. Anytime I sleep, I sleep for 12 hours straight, and I can't get out of the pattern.

:(

Late most days,
    out atleast one day a week, don't worry - I'm worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Late most days,
    out atleast one day a week, don't worry - I'm worse :)

Please elaborate :p

And Cian, don't worry. My year head collects the absentee notes in my year and she's a complete psycho. Everytime I'm absent I always bring in my note, but one day last week I forgot it for the first time, and she proceeded to roar at me in front of my whole class saying that if I ever forget it again and waste her time she'll put me on a weeks detention and that I'm completely ridiculous. I couldn't believe it.

• Advertisement

Got it today and it was bad! its hurts more than the first one :(
    I cant lift my arm up and its a bit numb but at least we were allowed have no homework! :D
    you will be grand though! ;) nobody could be as scared as me because i jumped when she gave me it and could not even look at her :L
    Oh god, I'm not able! :( I'm terrified too! Before the first one I even asked if it'd hurt. :o

Also, we were told today that, even though we 6th years are not having any classes on the 22nd of December and have loads of study to do, we still have to be in school. Why? To watch a goddamn carol service. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement