Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Last parent teacher meeting EVER done and dusted :) everyone happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Y'know what's sad? My physics class don't know how to chance 5cm squared to SI.
    Cian, help! :P

Nevermind, I figured it out! Why can't he just teach it to us the easy way?! I feel like Batman!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Y'know what's sad? My physics class don't know how to chance 5cm squared to SI.
    Cian, help! :P

Nevermind, I figured it out! Why can't he just teach it to us the easy way?! I feel like Batman!

How would you do it? I just convert to decimal (or notation) and square or whatever, not much to learn there:P.

Why Cian:L ? Do I have a physics rep here:pac:?

Batman BSc. Physics.

Cian A wrote: »
    How would you do it? I just convert to decimal (or notation) and square or whatever, not much to learn there:P.

Why Cian:L ? Do I have a physics rep here:pac:?

Batman BSc. Physics.
    Erm, I do it by decimal but I do it the long way. (5cm^2 would be like, 5 x 0.01m x0.01m which gives 5x10-4 m^2)

You're my physics go to guy from now on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

just did an hour study for geography
    like a boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My friend was over earlier and we do study together :cool:
    We got like 3 geography questions done aw yeah, A1s for us :P

This thread is so much fun, yay procrastination!
    I have my Irish exam papers sitting under my laptop...waiting to be used. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I have my Irish exam papers sitting under my laptop...waiting to be used. :pac:

My french papers have been on my windows for 2 months:D

Good job, I'm proud! :D

My french papers have been on my windows for 2 months:D

I hope you have double glazed windows so they dont get all soggy and damp like my JC business ones did. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Anyone have skype? We could have an lc rant there :)

• Advertisement

Erm, I do it by decimal but I do it the long way. (5cm^2 would be like, 5 x 0.01m x0.01m which gives 5x10-4 m^2)

You're my physics go to guy from now on. :pac:

It's not really a long way, if you want to understand how it works in practice, think of a 100x100cm square, 1m^2 or 10'000 cm^2. 5 of these squares go into 10000 2000 times. So 1/2000th is 5x10-4 m^2.

so glad i dont do physics...

Cian A wrote: »
    It's not really a long way, if you want to understand how it works in practice, think of a 100x100cm square, 1m^2 or 10'000 cm^2. 5 of these squares go into 10000 2000 times. So 1/2000th is 5x10-4 m^2.

And this is why you're my go to guy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

When ever i have to convert cms to metres, or anything for that matter, I always do it systematically on the side:

100 cm = 1 m
    10000cm^2 = 1m^2
    1cm^2 = 1/10000 m^2
    5cm ^2 = 5/10000 m^2

Works for everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

Trying to do my LC history project,

figured out "catnap rioters" is an anagram for "procrastinate"

:L

Duffman K wrote: »

Would make for a good tag:P

In fact we should make as many tags as possible beginning with the letters a,b and c up to ci. (That ought to make my tag unnoticeable:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Just typed up an english essay, printed out and ready to hand in for tomorrow. :D
    I plugged my printer in, loads of paper in it, all excited so I could hold my hours of blood, sweat and tears in my hands, and I hit print.
    Turns out that only the top 3 sheets were normal white paper, and the rest was photo paper.
    So I have 3 pages of normal essay, and the other 2 are on photo paper. Fantastic. :pac:

I'm handing it up anyway. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Manic2 wrote: »
    Just typed up an english essay, printed out and ready to hand in for tomorrow. :D
    I plugged my printer in, loads of paper in it, all excited so I could hold my hours of blood, sweat and tears in my hands, and I hit print.
    Turns out that only the top 3 sheets were normal white paper, and the rest was photo paper.
    So I have 3 pages of normal essay, and the other 2 are on photo paper. Fantastic. :pac:

I'm handing it up anyway. :L

That's not too bad, on Friday I had an essay due which I got typed up on Thursday night. I got up early specially to print it, plugged the printer into my laptop, put new paper in it, all good. No ink. I was livid :pac:

Joey. wrote: »
    That's not too bad, on Friday I had an essay due which I got typed up on Thursday night. I got up early specially to print it, plugged the printer into my laptop, put new paper in it, all good. No ink. I was livid :pac:

I swear, I'd just lie on the floor and weep.

Manic2 wrote: »
    I swear, I'd just lie on the floor and weep.

To be honest, I was more upset that by that stage it was too late to go back to bed.

• Advertisement

To be honest, I was more upset that by that stage it was too late to go back to bed.

I'd go ghetto on my printers ass and be all like bitch y'all better watch yoself. :)

I wanna watch a film. Any ideas bitches? :)

First 2 chapter of my physics book all learned and revised! Ah yeah. :P
    And that includes the 2 first experiments!
    I'm so proud. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Niiice, go you!

Anyone else have a dead arm after the injection? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Did the most awesome thing tonight!

gold_game_two-1096.jpg

That's not me btw but it was what I was doing :pac:

Whereabouts are your class in Physics? I just realised today that we've done about 4/5 of the course:D

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Duffman K wrote: »

What are you doing yours on ?

I'm doing the St. Valentine's Day Massacre any teacher says that my 2nd draft of my extended essay is perfect an an start writing it up into the real booklet whenever I want to \o/
    :D

Already have the outline plan done so it'll be a great relief to have the essay done too.

Not looking forward to doing the Geography project though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

We finished organic chemistry today, buíochas le Dia! I liked it and found it interesting, but it dragged on too much. Now only water, stoichiometry, electrochemistry and chemical equilibrium left! :D

I'm dying to finish the biology course, human reproduction, viruses, evolution and genetics and then we're done!

We're near the end of everything apart from English, should have everything done for the mocks apart from it. We still have 3 poets (although we'll be doing two of them after school, teacher's organising extra classes for us, there was an annoying mix-up with it last year, can't be bothered explaining!), literary genre, the theme of the comparative, unseen poetry and a few methods of compositions to do. :/

We finished organic chemistry today, buíochas le Dia! I liked it and found it interesting, but it dragged on too much. Now only water, stoichiometry, electrochemistry and chemical equilibrium left! :D

I'm dying to finish the biology course, human reproduction, viruses, evolution and genetics and then we're done!

We're near the end of everything apart from English, should have everything done for the mocks apart from it. We still have 3 poets (although we'll be doing two of them after school, teacher's organising extra classes for us, there was an annoying mix-up with it last year, can't be bothered explaining!), literary genre, the theme of the comparative, unseen poetry and a few methods of compositions to do. :/

Serious? We're nowhere near finished anything! No idea what's left in biology but I'm so glad to have that protein synthesis shíte out of the way :D

Oh, I meant to tell everyone, last monday I finished the business course. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Serious? We're nowhere near finished anything! No idea what's left in biology but I'm so glad to have that protein synthesis shíte out of the way :D

Pretty much, yeah :) we still have a good bit of oral to do in French, a good few essays in Irish, and the 4/5 chapters in chem and biology. We finished the business course a few weeks ago and we only have statistics and geometry left in maths :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement