Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Pretty much, yeah :) we still have a good bit of oral to do in French, a good few essays in Irish, and the 4/5 chapters in chem and biology. We finished the business course a few weeks ago and we only have statistics and geometry left in maths :)

I thought maths was the subject that doesn't finish until the last day:eek:

Lads staying up this late to do this essay is not worth the fatigued thing I am going to be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Well I'm after missing the 6th year and class photo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Cian A wrote: »
    Whereabouts are your class in Physics? I just realised today that we've done about 4/5 of the course:D

Not sure, but Pat the Physics teacher says we'll be finished around Christmas.

Also, today I realised how much I hate hate HATE one of my "best" friends. She's such a stuck up little know it all c*nt. God I can't wait until I never have to put up with her ever again! :mad:

In other news, about 20 minutes ago, my cat hit me in the head with a window. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just wondering, when is the new revised Irish LC curriculum coming into force, is it 2012 or 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

2012 :D

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    2012 :D

really, just to clarify, are the exams next may in the old format or the new one?

New format :)

Never shower with badly burned legs. Ow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh word of warning, bring 2 calculators into any exam you need it in june. Yesterday, before the maths pre mock, mine broke. Hysteria :( couldn't imagine what I'd do if it happened in June!!! :O :P

One time, my friend's one started showing up these weird symbols but it actually knew what it was doing somehow. :P Anything + Anything = Some kind of kite thing, and one symbol for any subtraction/multiplication etc, it was hilarious until someone told him to press the reset button :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Anyone else just awful at the language oral tests?

It the opposite for me ha, Irish is piss, but then again I go to an Irish school. German is mad hard!

So what's English like:D? I'd find Gaeilge easy enough where French is my downfall:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Mock timetables went up in my school today :(

I'm gonna change so much this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Anyone see Warriors of Goja on India's got talent. Feel physically sick after watching it

:confused::confused:Change how?

Does anyone else look forward to college and leaving all the shít that is school behind, but on the other hand feels they will miss some aspects of school? Some days I think I just want to leave and start college life and make new friends etc., then others I can't help but feel that I'll miss school and those good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I thought maths was the subject that doesn't finish until the last day:eek:

Lads staying up this late to do this essay is not worth the fatigued thing I am going to be tomorrow.
    Same !!! we wont be finished it till last week apparantly :O
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh word of warning, bring 2 calculators into any exam you need it in june. Yesterday, before the maths pre mock, mine broke. Hysteria :( couldn't imagine what I'd do if it happened in June!!! :O :P
    I'm bringing 10 calculaters with me !!! Defence against all my bad luck :P

Does anyone else look forward to college and leaving all the shít that is school behind, but on the other hand feels they will miss some aspects of school? Some days I think I just want to leave and start college life and make new friends etc., then others I can't help but feel that I'll miss school and those good times.
    I know and today was so fun in school with my year so i'll miss them so much :) but cant wait to leave the place :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Mock timetables went up in my school today :(
    :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

5 down, 3 to go, pre mocks shall be over and this time tomorrow I shall be asleep :D

Oh y'know, weight, personality wise, get all the negative crap out of my life..
    It's been a really rough 2 years like. Mom got diagnosed with breast cancer the feb before last, so stuff's gone a bit down hill. Don't worry, she's on the mend. :D
    Just sick of all the bull crap like!

And yes, I totally understand what you mean. I can't wait to get out of that hell hole. :P

• Advertisement

Yeah tbh, like I've heard in college it's all very impersonal whereas I have a great laugh with some of my teachers. In a weird way I'm also sad to leave Irish behind...useless and all as it is, I love languages and to spend 14 years learning it and then never even finish learning it or use it is such a waste of time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

It the opposite for me ha, Irish is piss, but then again I go to an Irish school. German is mad hard!

So what's English like:D? I'd find Gaeilge easy enough where French is my downfall:(.
    Haha English is grand, but there is sooooo much to write in the test that me wrist will be broken afterwards in June :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

According to my maths teacher, we're four classes away from finishing paper one. Then another 35 until we finish paper two.

THANK GOD FOR ORDINARY MATHS AND TEACHERS WHO START FROM SCRATCH IN SIXTH YEAR.

Also - I get my injection on my 18th. Said injection reacts with my medication. I'm rather angered right now.

Tbh I'm quite ready for the weekend now, Apparently it's Tuesday though:(

Im thinking about doing honours Irish in the LC externally.
    With only 6 months to go do you think I have a hope in hell of scraping a honour? P.S. what is an Honour a C or a D?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

We finished organic chemistry today, buíochas le Dia! I liked it and found it interesting, but it dragged on too much. Now only water, stoichiometry, electrochemistry and chemical equilibrium left! :D

My chemistry teacher who I really like is leaving after christmas, and she only started in September. We're getting back a teacher whose been on maternity for 2 years and was crap to start with. Had I known we'd be changing teachers (thus wasting the whole month she gets back until she settles in) I might have stayed in HL Irish :MAD:
    Not sure, but Pat the Physics teacher says we'll be finished around Christmas.

Also, today I realised how much I hate hate HATE one of my "best" friends. She's such a stuck up little know it all c*nt. God I can't wait until I never have to put up with her ever again! :mad:

In other news, about 20 minutes ago, my cat hit me in the head with a window. :P

We have a bit of electricity, magnetism, modern physics and the option left, but we have all the fifth year stuff revised by class tests thank God!

**** friends are ****, don't put yourself through the hassle. Its so much easier to drop people who are horrible than you'd think. Keep yourself around people who make you happy! Feel better anyway :)
    Namlub wrote: »
    Christmas tests are next week and I should really be studying but I've had the worst stomach pains for the last few days, and I can't concentrate on anything. Ugh this is not a good time

My body is the most uncooperative creature on earth. When I'm stressed my stomach goes into horrible cramps. Just to ease the stress I'm under and all that :rolleyes: I'd just lie on the couch until it goes away if I were you
    ME TOO. Project #1 Suddenly stop being awkward and paranoid, get fantastic girlfriend. Screw the degree. If I can just get those 2 things down I'm sorted for life! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

Last EVER parent teacher meeting tomorrow!
    this has been the worst week getting all the results from our exams back..we all did rubbish :L
    One teacher even brings us into a back room one at a time and gives out to us..there is even a skeleton hanging in this room and she points to it as she gives out....FREAKY! its like she is trying to say this is what im going to do if you dont improve :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Oh y'know, weight, personality wise, get all the negative crap out of my life..
    It's been a really rough 2 years like. Mom got diagnosed with breast cancer the feb before last, so stuff's gone a bit down hill. Don't worry, she's on the mend. :D
    Just sick of all the bull crap like!

Glad that things are on the up, the whole finding out a parent has cancer thing is pretty horrific, went through it two years ago - longest summer of my life - thankfully it got sorted though. :)

PS: Coming from someone who's already done 6th Year, the year goes faster than you can imagine, so you'll be out of there in what seems like no time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Haven't a clue about the theatre! I've been outside of the pub, I hear it's a very nice place. It's only 2-3 minutes off Grafton street so there's not much worry of getting lost. It's part of a hotel if that's why you're looking to go there.

And who goes to Dublin to head off to Maynooth? Seriously? Just stay here we've got gach rud;)
    Thanks for replying! (:
    I'm so scared oh my god. You have no idea!! THIS IS GOING TO BE HORRIBLE!!
    And no i think there's this whole college year party thing going on at both the bar and the theatre that my friend was invited to and she's asked me and another friend to go too! We're staying with her friends or something. I don't even know them! xD This is gonna be a whole new experience. Ahhhh so nervous!
    And I missed UCDs open day. that was the one i really wanted to go to. /: just going to Maynooth to see what it's like and what not. AHHH Dublin.. I'm gonna die. D;

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    Im thinking about doing honours Irish in the LC externally.
    With only 6 months to go do you think I have a hope in hell of scraping a honour? P.S. what is an Honour a C or a D?
    no not at HL imo. The oral is 240/600 marks but that even requires you to know some of the poems a bit (have to read one) and as OL have the same exam you need to set yourself apart with a high standard of Irish. And theres 20 picture sequences. Maybe if you did perfectly in the oral, aiste (100 marks) and comprehensions but I wouldnt bother with it this late tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement