Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

You get your CAO number once you fill in your cao form and pay.
    so if i apply online will i get the number? S:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

The CAO number and the exam number are two different numbers!

You get the CAO number when you apply for the CAO either through the internet or the form you get from your career guidance teacher at school. You'll be given the number when you pay the fee of €30, and then you'll be able to put down courses in your order of preference.

The exam number is given to you by the school I believe, or when you pay the Leaving Cert fees, I'm not sure myself.

But don't put down your CAO number on the exam paper whatever you do. :P!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Bubbleope wrote: »
    really? i was just on the CAO website to see where i can apply and the first thing written is: have you already received a 2012 CAO application number?
    Do you need it to apply? I'm confused!! :confused:
    oops, sorry, my bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Soooo anyone head to maynooth today?

well, I went, but since i've been lots I can safely say i still love it as much as the first time i went!! also, did all of yis see mantra the nightclub on the way? had one of the best nights out of my life there, tis f**kin epic! i was so impressed it influenced my xboxlive name :pac: but sure like any place, pre drinking is a must because feck was it expensive!!

and aw people, you know you have no life when you spend your saturday night cutting out stencils foor art. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Finally had enough. Transferring away from the team I'm with atm. Being treated like **** but been with them since like June last year :(

• Advertisement

Zhavey wrote: »
    The CAO number and the exam number are two different numbers!

You get the CAO number when you apply for the CAO either through the internet or the form you get from your career guidance teacher at school. You'll be given the number when you pay the fee of €30, and then you'll be able to put down courses in your order of preference.

The exam number is given to you by the school I believe, or when you pay the Leaving Cert fees, I'm not sure myself.

But don't put down your CAO number on the exam paper whatever you do. :P!
    ooh okay. :D was having a panic attack for a moment there. xD
    and come here, when you apply online do you have to put your college courses down straight away or can you wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

*Looks at Maths homework*

*Feels physically sick*

Finally had enough. Transferring away from the team I'm with atm. Being treated like **** but been with them since like June last year :(
    what team? them b*astards. but if they're treating you like **** it's just as well you're getting away from them? (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I left so much history for today, and I still have to study photosynthesis for bio. Stupid plants with their complicated ways...

and come here, when you apply online do you have to put your college courses down straight away or can you wait?

You don't have to, but even if you put some down you can change them as often as you like between now and the end of January. :)

(You'll be able to change them next May and June as well.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

And so a 7 hour applied maths marathon comes to an end. One months neglected homework done and folderised. I'd be delighted with myself if I didn't have so much else to do now:(

Togepi wrote: »
    You don't have to, but even if you put some down you can change them as often as you like between now and the end of January. :)

Okay then!! I'm officially applying right NOW! :D

exciting shtuff there xD :pac:

AnnaKin wrote: »

exciting shtuff there xD :pac:

I made it sound like so much fun. :P :pac:

well, I went, but since i've been lots I can safely say i still love it as much as the first time i went!! also, did all of yis see mantra the nightclub on the way? had one of the best nights out of my life there, tis f**kin epic! i was so impressed it influenced my xboxlive name :pac: but sure like any place, pre drinking is a must because feck was it expensive!!

and aw people, you know you have no life when you spend your saturday night cutting out stencils foor art. :pac:
    I take it you'd like to go to maynooth? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

what team? them b*astards. but if they're treating you like **** it's just as well you're getting away from them? (:

College Corinthians. Promoted last season with one of the best defensive records, new managers this season, put on the bench. Played one of the last 6 games, so I'm walking. Could've walked 7 weeks ago and saved myself so much time and effort:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

You don't have to pick straight away, you have up to February to actually make your application (that is if you want it at the €10 discount)

I think it's up to the start of July (don't quote me on this though) that you can add, change, switch around course choices to your hearts content, so you have plenty of time to decide. :)

EDIT: I'm blind and slow and failed to see the answers above, but sure anyway!

College Corinthians. Promoted last season with one of the best defensive records, new managers this season, put on the bench. Played one of the last 6 games, so I'm walking. Could've walked 7 weeks ago and saved myself so much time and effort:mad:
    ah. you've done the right thing! (: now you'll do brilliantly in your LC!! :pac:
    Zhavey wrote: »
    You don't have to pick straight away, you have up to February to actually make your application (that is if you want it at the €10 discount)

I think it's up to the start of July (don't quote me on this though) that you can add, change, switch around course choices to your hearts content, so you have plenty of time to decide. :)

EDIT: I'm blind and slow and failed to see the answers above, but sure anyway!
    haha thanks. xD just applied!! don't have my school name or courses down yet but it's paid for and my main details are in. so yay!! :D 10 euro discount all the way. :pac:

ah. you've done the right thing! (: now you'll do brilliantly in your LC!! :pac:

haha thanks. xD just applied!! don't have my school name or courses down yet but it's paid for and my main details are in. so yay!! :D 10 euro discount all the way. :pac:
    any idea of what you want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

OhhhhMyyyyGodddd I konw exactly how you feel!! Didn't even go to our end of year night, going to transfer next year when I go to college! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Finally bit the bullet and signed up for institute at christmas. SO EXPENSIVE! Might be good to meet some new people though if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm so depressed. I don't want to do the English essay but my teacher will rape me if I don't do it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I'm so depressed. I don't want to do the English essay but my teacher will rape me if I don't do it :/

What's it on? English essays are the one thing that I just can't get myself to complete on time, it takes me at least 3 days to build up the motivation to start :pac:

The heating in my house broke today, it's so cold :eek:

I take it you'd like to go to maynooth? :P

would you believe it? no i dont. sure its on the list but DCU is at the top :D

would you believe it? no i dont. sure its on the list but DCU is at the top :D
    ha same im looking at UCD :cool: dcu will be in me list to tho :)

Joey. wrote: »
    What's it on? English essays are the one thing that I just can't get myself to complete on time, it takes me at least 3 days to build up the motivation to start :pac:

The heating in my house broke today, it's so cold :eek:

Speech on science and technology :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Spent today just doing my nails and eating. But yet I'm losing weight this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ha same, Irish essay, just cannot do it.But it's due tomorrow and I've missed Irish homework far too often already not to do it:pac:
    ha same im looking at UCD :cool: dcu will be in me list to tho :)

Meh DCU, too far. My list will be simply UCD and TCD.

Are many people just putting one or two colleges down on their CAO?

I've got five or six down at the moment. :eek:

• Advertisement

I've only got NUIG down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement