Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

TCD, UCC, UCD (and Edinburgh for UCAS). Career guidance teacher keeps telling me to look at other places, but I don't want to leave Cork to go and live somewhere that's even worse tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I've UCC, trinity and NUIG down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Namlub wrote: »
    TCD, UCC, UCD (and Edinburgh for UCAS). Career guidance teacher keeps telling me to look at other places, but I don't want to leave Cork to go and live somewhere that's even worse tbh...

In fairness that's not possible:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet and signed up for institute at christmas. SO EXPENSIVE! Might be good to meet some new people though if nothing else.

I shall see you there! What subjects did you pick? :)

Is anyone else going? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Cian A wrote: »
    Ha same, Irish essay, just cannot do it.But it's due tomorrow and I've missed Irish homework far too often already not to do it:pac:

Meh DCU, too far. My list will be simply UCD and TCD.

yeah ive got TCD in mind too, looking forward to its open days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Don't be mean, she might end up studying in like North Korea or Burma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I forgot about UCAS! Make that at least seven colleges for me so. :eek: I'm so indecisive.

EDIT: ...Or am I? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Are many people just putting one or two colleges down on their CAO?

I've got five or six down at the moment. :eek:

yeah i've got a good 5 or 6 on my list too ! its quite awkward tbh :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Togepi wrote: »
    Are many people just putting one or two colleges down on their CAO?

I've got five or six down at the moment. :eek:

yeah i've got a good 5 or 6 on my list too ! its quite awkward tbh :eek:

Especially when people ask you where you're off to next year. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

any idea of what you want to do?
    i didn't put the courses down yet! but these are them:
    UCD: Environmental Biology, Agricultural Environmental Sciences, Portuguese, Veterinary Nursing, Radiography.
    Trinity: Radiation Therapy, German, Modern Irish.
    UCC: Genetics.
    NUIG: Science.
    NUIM: Science Education.
    UL: Science Education.
    DCU: Genetics and Cell Biology.
    DIT: Optometry.
    not in order of preference here either. xD
    But that's them!! xD I feel proud.. finally planning!!
    Now to finally start my homework. . . /:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Limerick tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Limerick tbh

Don't forget Dublin.

4 page díospóireacht done:cool:

No sleep now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Sleep, what's that? I'm too afraid I'll sleep through my alarm, so I'm pulling a needless all nighter. Makes sense to me...

4 page díospóireacht done:cool:

No sleep now:(
    well done!
    CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Sleep, what's that? I'm too afraid I'll sleep through my alarm, so I'm pulling a needless all nighter. Makes sense to me...

i might have to as well! considering the fact that i'm only a quarter way through my homework. /:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Oooh, nasty. I went in for study tody and got most of it done. Only in for 4 classes tomorrow, and they're all done, so it's grand.

Oooh, nasty. I went in for study tody and got most of it done. Only in for 4 classes tomorrow, and they're all done, so it's grand.
    lucky. O:
    ahh i'm going offline now. TOO MUCH DISTRACTION! :eek:
    slán! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Bubbleope wrote: »
    any idea of what you want to do?
    UCD: Environmental Biology, Agricultural Environmental Sciences, Portuguese, Veterinary Nursing, Radiography.
    I want to do molecular biology in UCD, but I'm also looking at a few genetics / cell / science courses too :D not ruling out an arts degree either if I don't get UCD

I'm surprised actually that anyone would consider so many different places around the country! People from Dublin in general don't look much further than the universities here. Maybe a specific college for a specific course but you've mentioned colleges in 5 different counties:D
    Limerick tbh
    Fair point:P
    Don't forget Dublin.
    You love us, you just don't want to admit it:)
    well done!

i might have to as well! considering the fact that i'm only a quarter way through my homework. /:

So how did the all nighters go?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

Anybody know any good websites or english poetry notes? Im doing Eavan Boland now and i just cant get my head around it...her poetry is so weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

My culchie accent and dialect that comes and goes is getting stronger :(
    That or I've made my own accent and way of talking....

I want to do molecular biology in UCD, but I'm also looking at a few genetics / cell / science courses too :D not ruling out an arts degree either if I don't get UCD
    Yeah, just had an NUIGalway talk today. Not too interested anymore. :P I think it'll be going at the bottom of my list.
    Hopefully gonna get someplace in Dublin!! :D Preferably UCD. I might be seeing you there! :P
    I'm surprised actually that anyone would consider so many different places around the country! People from Dublin in general don't look much further than the universities here. Maybe a specific college for a specific course but you've mentioned colleges in 5 different counties:D
    So how did the all nighters go?:P
    When you live in Mayo, you sorta have to consider everywhere? There's no university in Mayo! xD And even if there was I think I'd end up wanting to go to a different county. Just new experiences and stuff. :P
    And I stayed up til 4am!! Spent 1 hour daydreaming.. xD ahhh i fail at life.
    dumdiddle wrote: »
    Anybody know any good websites or english poetry notes? Im doing Eavan Boland now and i just cant get my head around it...her poetry is so weird!
    skoool.ie ? only one i can think of. S:
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    My culchie accent and dialect that comes and goes is getting stronger :(
    That or I've made my own accent and way of talking....
    !! you weirdo. :pac:
    well i can sorta relate.. i speak in a bogger accent when i'm with my family mainly. then with people i don't know it sorta disappears. /: sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

We finally got a proper french teach of 7 weeks of messy ones. She is CLASS! I LOVE HER!! she was born in french and just sounds so cool :)

!! you weirdo. :pac:
    well i can sorta relate.. i speak in a bogger accent when i'm with my family mainly. then with people i don't know it sorta disappears. /: sad times.
    Pfft g'way you! Yih bogger :pac:

I'm awesome end of. :cool: (proven by that smiley).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I finally figured out what I wanna put in the CAO aaaand....I've 6 courses :pac:

Should I be worried?

Pfft g'way you! Yih bogger :pac:

I'm awesome end of. :cool: (proven by that smiley).
    you have a mohawk. you don't even need to prove anything!! :)
    I finally figured out what I wanna put in the CAO aaaand....I've 6 courses :pac:

Should I be worried?
    nope! i only had 4 level 8 courses yesterday! until i researched loads of courses in detail! now i have like 15. xD gotta narrow them down now! :P

you have a mohawk. you don't even need to prove anything!! :)

nope! i only had 4 level 8 courses yesterday! until i researched loads of courses in detail! now i have like 15. xD gotta narrow them down now! :P

Aww_Yeah_meme_Meme_Faces_s250x196_156976_580_RE_resurrection-s250x196-170614.png

I have two level 8 courses and about five Level 7 courses. I only want to ahve one though :pac:

Aww_Yeah_meme_Meme_Faces_s250x196_156976_580_RE_resurrection-s250x196-170614.png

I have two level 8 courses and about five Level 7 courses. I only want to ahve one though :pac:
    airplane mechanic? AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAH!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I only wanna do Level 8's (Not snobby or anything) So like I've 5 I want and then the 6th is the last one I'd do if I did a shyte leaving!

• Advertisement

I only wanna do Level 8's (Not snobby or anything) So like I've 5 I want and then the 6th is the last one I'd do if I did a shyte leaving!
    so shnobbay. gosh!! :pac:
    I haven't chosen any level 7s yet but sure I'm putting them in for the craic when i do choose a few. :P probably gonna pick something like interior design and shít like that. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement