Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Boardsie meet up at trinners :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Voila mon passport... Ou est le bibliotheque? Gerard Depardieu...

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

BL1993 wrote: »
    Boardsie meet up at trinners :)

ha friday or saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

You're all making me jealous with your French speaking ways. Niveau ordinaire 4 lyf 2kaii11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Dear God I can't wait for these Christmas exams are over.

History and English on the same day will be fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm at Trinners Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'll be trinners Saturday...probably wearing an 'I'm 18' badge, if my friend gets her way.

The all nighter failed, collapsed about half two, then my alarm didn't go off.

Here's a question.
    Has anyone ever actually successfully pulled an all nighter and then gone on to say it was beneficial?:pac: Can't imagine it could be really.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i doubt i'll be allowed to go up to dublin again for a weekend.. evil. I wanna see trinity badly!! D: is there another open day there after this??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian A wrote: »
    Here's a question.
    Has anyone ever actually successfully pulled an all nighter and then gone on to say it was beneficial?:pac: Can't imagine it could be really.

stayed up to 4 to get an essay done and got about an hour sleep :O was hyper that day but day after i nearly died of exhaustion :O

Bubbleope wrote: »
    i doubt i'll be allowed to go up to dublin again for a weekend.. evil. I wanna see trinity badly!! D: is there another open day there after this??

Didn't you just go head to see it last weekend:eek:? It was only a few minutes walk away from that pub:D!

Didn't you just go head to see it last weekend:eek:? It was only a few minutes walk away from that pub:D!
    wait which pub now?? xD I didn't! ): I need to see it! I NEED to see UCD and DIT also. bleh. and DCU too! O:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Here's a question.

I CAN! :D

Pulled the whole night successfully, hyper all day, but come 3 it was terrible, went home after study at 6, got dinner, collapsed until 8 the next morning. And hey presto, my sleeping pattern was regulated for 3 days til I had to do the next one. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Superbus wrote: »
    Voila mon passport... Ou est le bibliotheque? Gerard Depardieu...

Parlez-vouz Francais?
    Parlez-vouz Francais?

Ehhhhhm, non :/

Uh :/

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Here's a question.

I know a girl who regularly pulled all nighters to study for class tests...I just can't justify it, sleep deprivation does horrible things to me so 1.30 is the latest I'll stay up for school work, and that's at a push.

wait which pub now?? xD I didn't! ): I need to see it! I NEED to see UCD and DIT also. bleh. and DCU too! O:
    Weren't you at the grafton capital hotel pub? Literally less than 5 minutes walk to either DIT or TCD.:pac:
    Manic2 wrote: »
    I CAN! :D

Pulled the whole night successfully, hyper all day, but come 3 it was terrible, went home after study at 6, got dinner, collapsed until 8 the next morning. And hey presto, my sleeping pattern was regulated for 3 days til I had to do the next one. :P

Collapsing, such an unpleasant word:P

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Speaking of all nighters, I'm pulling one tonight. :D

Weren't you at the grafton capital hotel pub? Literally less than 5 minutes walk to either DIT or TCD.:pac:
    Um no..? unless i was but i forget.. xD haha gonna go there next time so!! and then that temple bar place you were on about.. or maybe that's the same place again?? S:
    Hahaha ahhh can't wait to go to college! the thoughts. :D

Um no..? unless i was but i forget.. xD haha gonna go there next time so!! and then that temple bar place you were on about.. or maybe that's the same place again?? S:

Temple Bar is fairly distinct, it's basically "old Dublin", the streets are all cobble and theres a good few pubs/clubs in there. The same cobbled courtyard can be seen in TCD, it's nice but I actually get sick of it after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Moi aussi, le français est ma matière préféré au lycée et je suis en train d'apprendre le suédois par moi-même, donc on penserait que ça serait évident d'étudier des langues à la fac mais j'ai peur que je ne vais pas trouver un boulot si je ne les étudie que.
    En apprendant (idk if thats right :P) un autre lang pendant le terminale?! :eek:
    (Also I dont really understand the last line, you wont find a job if you dont study them? I'm afraid I wont find one if I do but sure theres always teaching :D)
    ConTheCat wrote: »
    Yere all so snobby towards level 7s? I'd prefer to get my first level 7 than level 8, you can still qualify with a level 8 after the 7 :/
    Patchy are you actually thinking of pastry arts management?!?! :D
    Of course!! :D
    (in case anyones taking me seriously though, no :P)
    I'm not really snobby with level 7's per se, but I'd be kicking myself to miss my level 8 :pac:

Temple Bar is fairly distinct, it's basically "old Dublin", the streets are all cobble and theres a good few pubs/clubs in there. The same cobbled courtyard can be seen in TCD, it's nice but I actually get sick of it after a while.
    Headin to trinners Saturday too :) not sure whether or not to head to DIT on Friday tho :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I've a comparative to do but I don't want to do it! :(

M&S* wrote: »
    I've a comparative to do but I don't want to do it! :(
    Hate that they're like 10 pages long!

why would you do 10? all you guys' teachers seem to vastly overestimate the length i think, sure its what, 60 or 70 marks? 4/5 is what we've been told at most i think!

I wouldn't do over 4 and a half pages for it. There's no point doing over 5, realistically I'm not going to write that much in an exam.

exactly, i dont even know how people milk the books/film for that much :L and poetry essays, 8 pages long? pfft :pac:

Yeah I don't understand it tbh. You'd have to be waffling to get that much into one question! Maybe I'll fail English but I know for a fact in the exam I'll be pushing for time! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Honestly, I'd find it impossible to write a good comparative essay that was less than 5 pages, while I'd find it equally difficult to go over 5 pages for a poetry essay!

We started Plath yesterday, love her! And also we haven't done a single Hamlet essay ever. :/

By the way HL Irish students, good news and bad news, I'll start with the good news. My teacher (WHO IS A FÜCKING WHORE) was at an inservice last week and they told her that in the Comprehension we don't have to manipulate the text and there'll be a question at the end of each of them about the genre of the extract/whatever. Also, they're claiming that when it said 400 words EVERYWHERE for the essay length that it was a typo, and we actually have to write 500.

• Advertisement

500 words would actually make more sense seeing as they've moved the leamhthuiscints to paper 2 (why would anyone do such a horrible thing) and tape is a bit shorter too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement