Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Honestly, I'd find it impossible to write a good comparative essay that was less than 5 pages, while I'd find it equally difficult to go over 5 pages for a poetry essay!

We started Plath yesterday, love her! And also we haven't done a single Hamlet essay ever. :/

By the way HL Irish students, good news and bad news, I'll start with the good news. My teacher (WHO IS A FÜCKING WHORE) was at an inservice last week and they told her that in the Comprehension we don't have to manipulate the text and there'll be a question at the end of each of them about the genre of the extract/whatever. Also, they're claiming that when it said 400 words EVERYWHERE for the essay length that it was a typo, and we actually have to write 500.
    uhh, have you guys not seen the sample papers? it says to put them in your own words as much as you can.

sucks, i know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Patchy~ wrote: »
    uhh, have you guys not seen the sample papers? it says to put them in your own words as much as you can.

sucks, i know. :(

Sample papers also say 400 words for the essay! This was said at an inservice from the SEC!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Did anyone here go to the 1 o'clock performance of Bach and Barry in the concert hall today in Dublin?. We were the school on the navy uniform on the balcony on the right! We started running across the back of the stage before Barry started to see the pianist (who was awesome) do the hand clusters! :P

Sample papers also say 400 words for the essay! This was said at an inservice from the SEC!
    But but but it says it at the start of every comprehension? :pac: Would they really decide to make it that much easier? Like they were extending the oral to make it easier for us but its back to 15 mins again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Did our Christmas listening for French today. Now I like French and would consider myself to be decent enough (Gotten like 70's and 80's in past tests) but this was not easy! Loadsa random answers for questions and like idiomatic phrases. Did manage to get two answers that said France beat Croatia in an Olympic Handball semi-final so chuffed about that :pac:

• Advertisement

But but but it says it at the start of every comprehension? :pac: Would they really decide to make it that much easier? Like they were extending the oral to make it easier for us but its back to 15 mins again. :(

Well I don't see why the SEC or my teacher would like...!

How would a longer oral be easier?

Well mainly because with the amount of stuff we have to talk about in the oral it might be a little easier to have some more time, but then again less talking = less chance of making mistakes so it depends how you look at it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Did anyone here go to the 1 o'clock performance of Bach and Barry in the concert hall today in Dublin?. We were the school on the navy uniform on the balcony on the right! We started running across the back of the stage before Barry started to see the pianist (who was awesome) do the hand clusters! :P
    There was a performance of this in Dublin? :O Wait til my teacher hears this tomorrow... The boys school in town gets to go to EVERY FLIPPIN MUSIC PERFORMANCE OF ANYTHING and we get to go nowhere!! :(
    Just had a row with my mother and told her I'm gonna fail 3 tests tomorrow on purpose because of her... Now I'm too stubborn to actually go study :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Who's going DIT open day on Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Just realised how much of a sh!tstorm the mocks are going to be.... :(

• Advertisement

ugh I know! :( Really need to start studying more, but I study for hours a day and do out questions, theres just too much to do!

Trinity open day friday though, and off thurs/fri next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Did a full 4 hours with 20 minute break, still soo much more could of been done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I swear a few minutes ago it was half 7?! Still so much to do...oh the stress of it all :(

look to the tags for comfort: cian fingers his bum sure we can always repeat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Seriously lads, ye don't want to end up repeating! :P :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You're welcome.

Had Irish today, my aiste makes me sound like some paranoid conspiracy theorist weirdo. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

you call that comfort :O i dont want to do another year of this sh*t :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My arm hurts, I'm cold and it's my 18th. That I'm spending at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

am i the only one who who doesn't want to go to the trinity open day

am i the only one who who doesn't want to go to the trinity open day

your not the only one ;)
    lads i found my one and only talent : procrastination :)

• Advertisement

your not the only one ;)
    lads i found my one and only talent : prostitution :)

FYP:cool:

Had a dream last night that I got 215, may as well pack it in now! :(

FYP:cool:

;) PM for further details :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I dreamt I didn't get my 65 points safety net...

;) PM for further details :P

I'm taken:eek:

(You could at least PM me)...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I'd be concerned if I were dreaming about the leaving tbh

I'm taken:eek:

(You could at least PM me)...

taken .... awkward :P
    I could ;) be our lil secret ;) :P jk jk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

taken .... awkward :P
    I could ;) be our lil secret ;) :P jk jk

Oh lads, what's going on here? :P I'd say the wife wouldn't be pleased with this :pac:

M&S* wrote: »
    Oh lads, what's going on here? :P I'd say the wife wouldn't be pleased with this :pac:

nothing :eek: this is turning out to be another Patchy and M&S* thing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

M&S* wrote: »

nothing :eek: this is turning out to be another Patchy and M&S* thing :p
    Thats what they all say :p its okay kitten you can tell us we'll be supportive in your time :) patchy dumped me for Cian, it was a sad day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement