Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

i certainly wouldn't be put off by 380 'pints' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Same. :) I think my two choices aren't too big with class sizes, but I can't wait to meet new people.

In all honesty, I already know who I don't want to stay friends with after the exams. :P
    ohhhhh. your poor friends won't know what hit em when!! xD :P Haha i'm hopefully gonna stay in touch with my friends. S:
    This! :D

It's basically ancient greek and roman history!
    History's supposed to be impossible if you haven't done it for LC and meh Spanish, also I'm not gonna do 4 languages, I'd die!
    4 languages would be awesome. xD I would love to be fluent in a bunch of languages. :D YOU CAN DO IT!!! xD haha! or!! what if you do spanish instead of german and then do this classics instead?? (:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Bubbleope wrote: »
    ohhhhh. your poor friends won't know what hit em when!! xD :P Haha i'm hopefully gonna stay in touch with my friends. S:

Ah no, it's just one or two that I secretly can't stand. :P We've a big enough group like, and only 4 of us are staying in Cork, so it's not like all 13 of us are gonna stay in touch all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I sometimes wonder why I bother going into school, spent 1 hour and 20 minutes doodling today...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My english teacher had a geography class today and my friend was on my twitter and was like "Look at how many tweets Patchy has!" and my teacher saw my bio, which had a RHPS quote...
    "I'm just a sweet transvestite, from transexual, transylvania"
    He read it out.
    He didnt get the reference.

FML :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Had a free German class today and spent my time competing with a fellow 6th year to see who could flick a coin closest to the ceiling. We're in honours german by the way.

FML :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Didn't really wanna go to school this week anyway...
    I mean, I only had 3 days sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Is anyone able to break down the french LC to me btw? :/ My teacher doesnt really do exam focused stuff >_<

I know theres 2 comps, some reaction pieces, a journal intime, but is there any guaranteed pieces or what? A list of topics to cover maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Bubbleope wrote: »

4 languages would be awesome. xD I would love to be fluent in a bunch of languages. :D YOU CAN DO IT!!! xD haha! or!! what if you do spanish instead of german and then do this classics instead?? (:
    I like German though and I don't really like Spanish! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Right, so I've decided I'm gonna do Arts with English, French, German and I dunno the fourth one yet, I'd rather do something I love that something with jobs!

I'm totally with you! I don't care if there's no jobs for law, or Italian and film studies/other weird things. Nothing has any jobs. I might as well do a course I'm going to really enjoy spending 4 years at. Everyone is all like go do medicine or engineering or science, but having done all three sciences plus honours maths for 2 years, the thought of spending 4 more years learning equations, experiments and definitions fills me with dread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I'm totally with you! I don't care if there's no jobs for law, or Italian and film studies/other weird things. Nothing has any jobs. I might as well do a course I'm going to really enjoy spending 4 years at. Everyone is all like go do medicine or engineering or science, but having done all three sciences plus honours maths for 2 years, the thought of spending 4 more years learning equations, experiments and definitions fills me with dread.

Sorry to hijack this conversation :D but just wanted to say that im in the exact same position. I want to do law more than anything but my parents, more my dad, want me to be a biomedical scientist and before that a doctor. I have absolutely no interest in being a scientist and i would hate to spend my life in a lab or doing something i hate. I have my sights set on law. I would rather get a job than do something id hate!

That's another thing. I ****ing hate lab stools, they are the most uncomfortable things ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

That's another thing. I ****ing hate lab stools, they are the most uncomfortable things ever.
    I usually put two stools together and lie on them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sure my mum's always trying to discourage me from doing law, as if having a law student as a daughter will bring shame on the family >_>

Namlub wrote: »
    Sure my mum's always trying to discourage me from doing law, as if having a law student as a daughter will bring shame on the family >_>

Mine too we had a kind of a fight earlier. I want to go to UCD or Trinity because my best friends in Dublin and she said to me earlier that she mightnt have the money to send me to Dublin. I was so annoyed with her that i just said straight out "Tell me now if you cant cause id rather drop out and get a job" I mean it was the stupidest thing id ever heard someone who believes in education so much and wanted both me and my sister to go to university. Whats funny though is im repeating this year and they wanted me to go to Dublin. Its completely double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Reventon93 wrote: »
    Mine too we had a kind of a fight earlier. I want to go to UCD or Trinity because my best friends in Dublin and she said to me earlier that she mightnt have the money to send me to Dublin. I was so annoyed with her that i just said straight out "Tell me now if you cant cause id rather drop out and get a job" I mean it was the stupidest thing id ever heard someone who believes in education so much and wanted both me and my sister to go to university. Whats funny though is im repeating this year and they wanted me to go to Dublin. Its completely double standards.

Telling you what course you should or shouldn't do is completely ridiculous, but if your parents can't afford to send you to Dublin then you've got to make that happen for yourself, get a part time job(I now how difficult this would be, even the difficulty of getting one). I would have loved nothing more than to have applied to Cambridge University, but I don't have any money so I can't, sure it's possible, I can get a student loan and a job, but that's something I don't want hanging over me. I'm fortunate enough to live in Dublin so I'll take what I can get, but I've often sympathised with people not from here who can't afford to come here to get the best experience possible.

Cian A wrote: »
    Telling you what course you should or shouldn't do is completely ridiculous, but if your parents can't afford to send you to Dublin then you've got to make that happen for yourself, get a part time job(I now how difficult this would be, even the difficulty of getting one). I would have loved nothing more than to have applied to Cambridge University, but I don't have any money so I can't, sure it's possible, I can get a student loan and a job, but that's something I don't want hanging over me. I'm fortunate enough to live in Dublin so I'll take what I can get, but I've often sympathised with people not from here who can't afford to come here to get the best experience possible.

I know and its really irritating. Ugh! The fact that "we" have to "break the news" to my dad that i want to do law in itself is ridiculous. Thats what i actually planned to do. I know someone who can help me get a job at the races so im happy out, but its just finding something before and after that thatll be the problem. Whats funny is that my best friend lives there and says theres room for me in his house next year and my aunt has a house in dublin. Im going to save everything that i get for the time being and hope that i can get a good amount saved. Ugh!!! Sorry but had a sh!tty day and this is my official rant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Haha stop, my posture is bad enough already like! Law is another thing I'd like to do. Would you do Civil or Corporate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Me - "I'm thinking of studying Physics in Trinity..."
    Le Mother - "Pfffffttt you'd be lucky to get those points!"

-.-

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Must.Sleep. No.Energy.
    64 in geography after being out 2 weeks, yeah man :D

• Advertisement

Haha stop, my posture is bad enough already like! Law is another thing I'd like to do. Would you do Civil or Corporate?

No idea! If I could work abroad in some fashion that would be super duper, but I don't know how I'm going to work that one.

Go to bed the lot of ye! Ye've school in the morning. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

No idea! If I could work abroad in some fashion that would be super duper, but I don't know how I'm going to work that one.

Leave random comments on various foreign people's facebook pages along the lines of "Stunnah BBz" and "Awh ur Gorgeous hun".

You're sure to get noticed that way as a reputable fashion consult.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Anyone know how long a scéal is supposed to be for pass Irish? I wrote next to nothing last night and was told it's too much :/

I'm the same with less than supportive parents, dad isn't exactly keen on the equine idea but I don't care if I have to live in a cardboard box, it's what I want to do!
    Go to bed the lot of ye! Ye've school in the morning. :P
    DISLIKE. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a pretty fcuking horrible day :(

Joey. wrote: »
    Anyone know how long a scéal is supposed to be for pass Irish? I wrote next to nothing last night and was told it's too much :/

I'm the same with less than supportive parents, dad isn't exactly keen on the equine idea but I don't care if I have to live in a cardboard box, it's what I want to do!

DISLIKE. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a pretty fcuking horrible day :(
    Minimum is around 15 to 20 lines, so just aim for that. That's what we've been told anyway..

My dad's just dead set on me either being a nurse or doing what my best mate is doing. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Anyone going to trinity open day friday? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

BL1993 wrote: »
    Anyone going to trinity open day friday? :P
    Either that or DIT, not sure yet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Minimum is around 15 to 20 lines, so just aim for that. That's what we've been told anyway..

My dad's just dead set on me either being a nurse or doing what my best mate is doing. Ugh.

Thanks :) I may stop listening to my teacher altogether, he's been saying 12-13 lines which doesn't give much room to manoeuvre :/

Joey. wrote: »
    Thanks :) I may stop listening to my teacher altogether, he's been saying 12-13 lines which doesn't give much room to manoeuvre :/
    I've always been told the total minimum is 15 lines anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I find it odd that some of ye are being put off doing law, my mam wanted me to do that last year. :pac:

Also, no to the parents telling kids not to do their dream course. Just no. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement