Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Today is gonna be the worst day ever.

Bring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Parent teacher meeting this evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My teacher is insane D: Ahhh I wish we didnt either its so annoying! There's a few questions that always come up though and I do business so its not as bad as it could have been :P

Lads I feel like I got no sleep but I went to bed at 9 :(

S/he sounds it alright :pac: Ah that's grand, it doesn't look to my taste at all though! I've a test next week on all the elective :(

So today I've learned that I do better in tests when I don't study...if this keeps up June will be a breeze :cool:
    And only 6 full days left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

omg guys i had my french oral today and i am so embarrassed.

i mixed up 'to sleep' and 'to shower', and the word for party i was using means more of a little kids' party.

so i was like i "slept" for two hours yesterday and shes like 'am or pm?' and im like "oh, pm! :pac:" and shes like ahhh i see!

then i said i was tired because i didnt "sleep" a lot at the "party".

"I showered for two hours"
    "I didnt shower a lot at the kids' party"
    She must think I'm a weirdo now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Why is it that me alarm never goes off? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

i mixed up 'to sleep' and 'to shower', and the word for party i was using means more of a little kids' party.

so i was like i "slept" for two hours yesterday and shes like 'am or pm?' and im like "oh, pm! :pac:" and shes like ahhh i see!

Haha that's brilliant! I've German wednesday, well gonna screw up in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I've my Irish oral Wednesday

Needless to say.....

funny-pictures-cat-needs-help.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Haha in a French Oral earlier in the year and my teacher asked me "What's in your lunchbox ?". I thought she asked "Who makes your lunch ?" so I answered "ma mère" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Chemistry test on all of Organic chem on Thursday and Biology test on all of the human systems on Monday, also have to do last weekend and the weekend before's English essays cause I didn't do them. Tis gonna be a fun week.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So...My alarm didn't go off and I woke up 10 mins before being collected for school.. Also have no english teacher until after xmas.. AND I got splashed walking home. UGH MONDAY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Do you ever have those moments when you realize you've been on the planet 18 years and you don't know anything about anything?
    Does anyone know if people bring jackets/bags to clubs?
    I'm useless at being a teenager.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Carol Service today, was lovely... Maths Christmas exam tomorrow - less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I finally did my cao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Had my Christmas Biology exam today, was so hard! :( All the questions I didn't know were linked to other questions or asked in a different way on another question! :( I don't care about placenta formations! :mad:

Okay, I just want to get a concrete answer here because I'm a bit confused. Anyone else who does geography:
    For regional and the electives, do you have to give your answer in two headings? For example, in the continental/sub-continental region culture questions theres 4 ethnic groups in my book but my teacher says we can only write about two. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

In a massive party mood...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Instead of saying sèche linge (Clothes dryer) my friend said Lèche singe (Monkey licking) in his french oral:P
    Chuchoter wrote: »
    Do you ever have those moments when you realize you've been on the planet 18 years and you don't know anything about anything?
    Does anyone know if people bring jackets/bags to clubs?
    I'm useless at being a teenager.:rolleyes:

I believe you can bring both (Not 100% about bags, being a guy). Usually have to pay a small charge like €2 and don't lose your ticket or you're fùcked!

Btw, that is poor for an 18 year old:pac: Even a culchie:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Níl fonn orm gaeilge a d'foghlaim ag an ám seo, ba mhaith liom a bheith i mo leaba le cupán tae! Nach truamhéalach an scéal é :(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Leaving Cert exam timetable now released... its all getting a bit too real now for my liking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

This time 2 weeks we shall have forgotten about the leaving cert and be in turkey comas instead :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Leaving Cert exam timetable now released... its all getting a bit too real now for my liking :(

...you're joking, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Joey. wrote: »
    ...you're joking, right?

Wish i was! :(

http://www.examinations.ie/exam/2012_LC_Written_EV.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

"The examination sessions highlighted in red include 20 minutes over and above the time traditionally allocated for the papers concerned. "
    does anyone know why we are getting 20 extra mins for some exams? :O

Cian A wrote: »
    Instead of saying sèche linge (Clothes dryer) my friend said Lèche singe (Monkey licking) in his french oral:P

I believe you can bring both (Not 100% about bags, being a guy). Usually have to pay a small charge like €2 and don't lose your ticket or you're fùcked!

Btw, that is poor for an 18 year old:pac: Even a culchie:P

I've no excuse, I'm a Dub! My usual friends just never go anywhere :S Gaffs all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Oh dear...well at least I don't have an exam on my birthday after all :pac:

Thats not a bad timetable for me! I've like half a week at the end to study for chem, lots of late mornings and half days!
    * jk kill me now please*

"The examination sessions highlighted in red include 20 minutes over and above the time traditionally allocated for the papers concerned. "
    does anyone know why we are getting 20 extra mins for some exams? :O

Basically every LC year gets this, they felt time might be a bit tight in these exams years and years ago so an extra 20 mins was allocated. It probably won't but technically the extra time could be pulled at any stage so instead of 3:20 you would get 3:00 in English as you're "meant" to have. But like I said it's been going at least a decade so that's not going to happen.

I always thought it was funny how Applied Maths and Religion are on at the same time. So you can't do both.

Do you believe in Science? Or religion?:P

• Advertisement

^Hahaha! :D Thats weird though, theyre both quite done subjects I thought. One of my friends does Irish and she does OL Russian because she finds it interesting and they've traditionally been at the same time so she has to do one straight after the other :eek:
    But theyve like two bloody weeks, why make that happen?

Pretty **** timetable for me tbh but I knew it'd happen (not before choosing the subjects though!). English p1; English p2; Geography and Maths p1; Irish p1; Irish p2; French and History; Business. It could be worse but Ireally wanted history and maths on their own :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement