Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

barbarians wrote: »
    Why does everybody hate History ?

I love it, it's my favourite subject and I find it very interesting!

Yus! The whole essay thing is frustrating, but I still love it and I get little obsessions with whatever we're studying :o Watched Michael Collins this week, so much <3 for that man

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I'm convinced I just saw someone I know on the active user list...feeling rather paranoid right now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I regularly see people I know. It's rather creepy, but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Oh History, how I hate you.

Had my history today - twas a doddle! Characterisics of nazi germany 1933-1939, cicli rights agitation 1945-1968, and then a case study on race relations in france 1980s.

ONLY ONE EXAM TO GO.................freedom is so near, and yet so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Christmas tests start tomorrow! I'm too lazy to be motivated to study though:o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Ripped off half my lip today and it's still bleeding!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

donvito99 wrote: »
    Had my history today - twas a doddle! Characterisics of nazi germany 1933-1939
    what are those, besides anti-semitism and propaganda maybe? I cant do history :pac:

My English teacher brought in sweets for us today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

For a general vision and viewpoint essay, how much should you write?

For a general vision and viewpoint essay, how much should you write?

I'd write 4 pages myself but that's just my take on it. I can never understand people writing 7 pages for a Hamlet question when it's worth less marks.

M&S* wrote: »
    I'd write 4 pages myself but that's just my take on it. I can never understand people writing 7 pages for a Hamlet question when it's worth less marks.

I wouldn't do it myself (because I'm shoite:pac:) but maybe writing 7 pages means you're more likely to remember some of it. In an exam there's not much point in writing that much, unless you're really fast at writing. You don't Have to write that much but unfortunately the LC is a competition, only a certain amount of A's are given. Who's going to win? The person with 4 or 7 pages? Assuming of course it's relevant and not waffle.

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    what are those, besides anti-semitism and propaganda maybe? I cant do history :pac:

My English teacher brought in sweets for us today :P

You're on the right track there!

I looked at Propaganda, education, culf of personality, the economy, religion - which includes anti semitism etc.

TBH history is all about finishing the exam. Sometimes I take hours doing my history homework, and get great marks, but in an exam you just can't write 7-8 pages on Counter Culture with fabulous quotes etc.

Hand absolutely destroyed, business tomorrow, like Cian A I can't persuade my self to study!

Ahh right, we had a test today and we had to write one, I wrote 6 pages, but then me friend who's in ordinary level said that he wrote 5-6 pages and I was like ':eek: did I write too little?' and stuff

Ahh right, we had a test today and we had to write one, I wrote 6 pages, but then me friend who's in ordinary level said that he wrote 5-6 pages and I was like ':eek: did I write too little?' and stuff

That's just because you're in an irish speaking school and they want to minimise your english:D

Cian A wrote: »
    That's just because you're in an irish speaking school and they want to minimise your english:D
    ahh right haha of course :rolleyes: So did that seanfocail work?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So I officially can not stick my mother anymore.........

ahh right haha of course :rolleyes: So did that seanfocail work?

I didn't use it! I used deirtear na céadta bliain ó shin...agus is fíor an seanfhocal sin inniú though. That's a good one, the only other ways I slip 'em in are deirtear go minic and de réir an seanfhocal.

Why am I here I should be working! Aggh Exams:mad:

I didn't use it! I used deirtear na céadta bliain ó shin...agus is fíor an seanfhocal sin inniú though. That's a good one, the only other ways I slip 'em in are deirtear go minic and de réir an seanfhocal.

ahh thats grand :D And hate to have christmas exams :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

ConTheCat wrote: »
    So I officially can not stick my mother anymore.........
    Whats up dearie ? :(

bhahahahaha christmas exams :pac: poor unfortunate souls who have to sit them :P :pac:
    ha get your head in those books cianie :P

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I'm colder than a dust particle at (almost) absolute zero. :(

Oh stop I'm frozen and have to go back out in it soon :( Staying beside this radiator as long as I can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

You should see me! Warming my hands over my lamp. :P

Can't imagine a lamp being much good somehow :pac: I can't find my gloves anywhere, gonna freeze :(

Fair enough point Cian but realistically I don't see how anyone could write that much in an exam so why do it outside when you want to practice exam methods. Comprehension is worth 100 marks are you going to write 7 pages for that too?

1st world problem -> You wear a hat cos its bloody freezin outside, and when you get to school - horror of horrors - your hair is all over the place:eek:

Fair enough point Cian but realistically I don't see how anyone could write that much in an exam so why do it outside when you want to practice exam methods. Comprehension is worth 100 marks are you going to write 7 pages for that too?

I'm going to struggle with English this year personally. We've only done 1 essay or homework this whole year and 3 since 5th year:eek:. My last general essay I only got out 4 pages and my Plath essay was similar. 4 pages won't really cut it for the general essay but I think 4 is grand for poetry. We're doing a comparative this xmas test which we've never done before so I've no idea how much I can write on that.

I think I'm going to have to rely on
    Maths
    Applied Maths
    Irish
    Business
    Accounting
    Physics

because I'm a bit reluctant to trust English and French is a disaster subject.

Then again Accounting can also be a difficult subject and I do absolutely nothing in Business.

It'll be interesting to see how things are feeling in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We do one page for the (a) part and two for the (b) on comparatives. But it always takes more to explain the story and all that. I do 4/5 on poetry and the same for the essay, I always do the short story. Yeah poetry's 50 and essay is 100 but like, its either 2 on poetry and 4 on the essay or else 4 on poetry and 8 on the essay if you're going to look at it in terms of marks. Quality over quantity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Whats up dearie ? :(
    Same as usual, constant bickering even though I was making a joke she just snapped at me. Then telling me to go study when she had bags and stuff all over my desk.. Ugh :(
    Joey. wrote: »
    Oh stop I'm frozen and have to go back out in it soon :( Staying beside this radiator as long as I can!
    Aww I just remembered being in class, shoes off, feet up against the radiator :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Is it just me or are there other people kinda ruining the fun of your last year? Can't wait to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Is it just me or are there other people kinda ruining the fun of your last year? Can't wait to be gone.
    just you! :pac:
    i'm actually getting along with my year. :D shocking stuff. xD still secretly dislike the half of them though. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Anyone here involved in their school's debating society?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement