Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Bubbleope wrote: »
    what's wrong with tonight?
    happy happy be happy! ♥
    at least we have christmas to look forward to. (: and we're not repeating cause we are all insanely smart people. :pac:
    20 years old. I can't even imagine being 20!! S: so weird.. XD

Basically I had a fight with my dad on the way home a while ago and he pulled over to leave me on the side of the road a good hour's walk from home, I don't know, it just upset me more than it probably should have. But you're right, Christmas is coming :D:D Ha neither can I but it's coming up very fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

too bad i don't know him. D:
    Oh. I could've sworn everyone knew everyone that side of Kildare :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well all this dublin love on this thread tonight is scary :O

in other news our principal had a random chat with my history class the other day in which he said " it has been statisically proven that the people who dont do well in their leaving cert are the people who didnt work" ! Wow, my principal is a genius :pac:

To be fair he's never met me so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian A wrote: »
    To be fair he's never met me so...
    true :P you mega genius that never works :P
    the fact that in his speech/ random talk to us he made so many stupid remarks just makes me laugh so much !! haha he told the school supplying us with stools in our social area was excessive , we should be sitting on the floor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

loving the "sure we can always repeat" tag....at this rate...i will be! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

M&S* wrote: »
    In schools where 4th year is compulsory there's never any repeats cause you're only supposed to be there for 6 years at a max.

Had two in the last two years. One of my friends in school is a repeat!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Had two in the last two years. One of my friends in school is a repeat!:cool:

I'm talking about non-fee paying schools though. Like you're entitled to a free education for six years but after that they're not obliged to leave you repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Lads, over 20% of my original year are repeating... :eek:

Must get sleep...exams later today:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

go to bed dear :O or can you not get to sleep? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Joey. wrote: »
    Basically I had a fight with my dad on the way home a while ago and he pulled over to leave me on the side of the road a good hour's walk from home, I don't know, it just upset me more than it probably should have. But you're right, Christmas is coming :D:D Ha neither can I but it's coming up very fast!
    for some reason i can see my own dad doing that.
    evil parents.. no wonder why you were upset. /:
    but yeah i know it is!! :D Gonna be awesome! CANNOT WAIT FOR THE CHRISTMAS DINNER!!! Yummm :D:D:D

but yeah.. imma be studying during the holidays guys.. /: my mocks are starting straight away when i'm back. /;
    Oh. I could've sworn everyone knew everyone that side of Kildare :P
    well my parents and aunt met him if it helps? :pac:
    don't sleep. don't!! (: muhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I'm talking about non-fee paying schools though. Like you're entitled to a free education for six years but after that they're not obliged to leave you repeat.

Ah, never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE CHRISTMAS DINNER!!! Yummm :D:D:D

True that, going over to my grans on Sat or Sun to do the icing for the christmas cake (I only ever eat the icing!)

And, EXAMS OVER!!!!!!:D can relax a bit until the mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

French was pretty hard! They werent really comprehensions, they were genuine story extracts :/ I wish I'd the exam to find out the words etc, there was literally one or more in almost every sentence I didnt get. I got the idea of the stories but arghhh!

Business was okay but stuff I didnt really study came up. Privatisation and preparing staff for change which I skipped in my revision pretty much! Waffled on anyway :P But the second ABQ didnt have the marks written down -_-

My Irish teacher asked me picture sequence #5, Timpiste - the one that I didnt want to get :L she asked me 'does he always use his phone while driving?' and i was like "well hes all smiling like 'hey whats up' instead of 'oh em im driving cant talk'", she enjoyed the theatrics :pac: 17/20 in the end, today went well :)

Managed to only say one french word in an irish oral...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

TGIF

Maths is so fùcking easy it's funny:eek:. Why does everybody in my class bother doing revision sheets/exam questions/revision classes? It's ridiculous, but comforting having an almost guaranteed 125:pac:

Accounting...God I only realised after sitting down that I hadn't a good idea how to do the accounts:confused:. I barely finished 3 within 2 hours, it was extremely rushed, mostly incorrect. Accounting is 1 subject that'll need a bit of work over christmas! (lol I'm not doing anything over xmas XD)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Maths is so fùcking easy it's funny:eek:. Why does everybody in my class bother doing revision sheets/exam questions/revision classes? It's ridiculous, but comforting having an almost guaranteed 125:pac:

185472.png

anyone here get continuous assessments? got mine today :)

anyone here get continuous assessments? got mine today :)

How does that work? Is it just instead of doing Christmas/Summer exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh thank god it's the weekend I thought that week would never end :D

How does that work? Is it just instead of doing Christmas/Summer exams?
    Not exactly, its like every 3 months or so we get a report with our average in all subjects over that period, so you can see if you dropped/raised a grade in subjects since the last time it came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Starting Christmas exams next Tuesday, they shouldn't be too bad.

On a slightly less academical note......... lads, robbing roadsigns is the best craic ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

13spanner wrote: »
    Starting Christmas exams next Tuesday, they shouldn't be too bad.

On a slightly less academical note......... lads, robbing roadsigns is the best craic ever :D

Robbing election posters is the best craic ever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

So a few months ago I was getting low B's in honours maths. Now I'm hardly passing pass maths. Erm? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

¬.¬

Cian I think you should get out now, while you can!

Cian I think you should get out now, while you can!

It was an intended troll, didn't quite get the raging response though:D
    I do find maths easy though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

It was an intended troll, didn't quite get the raging response though:D
    I do find maths easy though:P

Thank god for that! :p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

We'd our xmas concert today so I suppose I'm beginning to feel christmasy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement