Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@Cian bit of an odd question but did you change your signature or is that what it always was? (I hardly ever see the signatures 'cause they don't show up on my iPod.) :p It gets a *thumbs up* from me anyway, I love that quote. :D

What does everyone think of these? I love them but everyone I've asked hates them. If I can find one other person who likes them I'll get them! Honest opinions only please!

Go for it if you like them, it doesn't matter whether or not anyone else does. ;) Plus they look super warm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    @Cian bit of an odd question but did you change your signature or is that what it always was? (I hardly ever see the signatures 'cause they don't show up on my iPod.) :p It gets a *thumbs up* from me anyway, I love that quote. :D

Thanks:D. No, I only changed it recently, I had seanfhocail before:pac:

I think it's brilliant too, very insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I quite like mine! M&S*, your turn! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I quite like mine! M&S*, your turn! :pac:

Okay hunni pie xoxox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

</3!

I love you too, but in a different way :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian A wrote: »
    I am your Prince Hamlet:cool:

I order you to purr kitty:pac:
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr ? :P
    things i do to please prince hamlet :rolleyes: :P
    I love you too, but in a different way :pac:

come home from work to this!!!! :eek:
    whats going on ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

People, watch this, its mad :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8grzRgQ_AWY Its like Borats family ha :)

I am your Prince Hamletcool.gif

I order you to purr kittypacman.gif

purrrrrrrrrrrrr ? :p
    things i do to please prince hamlet rolleyes.gif:p

It could be worse, he could have requested that you 'get thee to a nunnery'. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Togepi wrote: »
    It could be worse, he could have requested that you 'get thee to a nunnery'. :p

Why wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?

If that's correct I'm well ****ing proud, pretty wasted atm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So embarrased right now. Me and my mother went to a close family friends and of course the topic of school and study came up.. So she was ranting and ranting until I coulnd't stay quite anymore. Huge bickering row until the friend made me and mammy make a promise she'd leave me alone if I did my best to which I said I'm not believing her she's broke too many promises. Broke down crying. CRINGE :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Had the best night ever last night. Now I'm tired and slightly ahem sick. So grinds has been cancelled, homework has been thrown to one side and now to put on this foot massager thingy I got from my auntie for Christmas :D life's good.

ConTheCat wrote: »
    So embarrased right now. Me and my mother went to a close family friends and of course the topic of school and study came up.. So she was ranting and ranting until I coulnd't stay quite anymore. Huge bickering row until the friend made me and mammy make a promise she'd leave me alone if I did my best to which I said I'm not believing her she's broke too many promises. Broke down crying. CRINGE :/

Wow your mother puts you under a lot of study related pressure:eek:

You should really let her know that it's your exam and your future and you will bare the consequences. Personally I don't doubt that you will do what you need to do and get the results that you need:)

not to mention that being put under that kind of pressure is counterproductive! my dad has a bit of a laissez-faire attitude with my studying :P but i always do it because i accept that its my responsibility and so does he, your mam really needs to realize that!

Just saw the jizzler awards in C&H, I feel left out because I hardly post there:D

We should have LC awards here! The Hamlets?

Just saw the jizzler awards in C&H, I feel left out because I hardly post there:D

We should have LC awards here! The Hamlets?
    Gonna watch inbetweeners movie now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Gonna watch inbetweeners movie now ha
    Threw that movie on last night, didn't get to sleep till like 5 but I didn't regret it! :P (I've seen it before but that was ages ago)
    Oh and I second LC awards but maybe we should wait till after the LC? Before we all go our seperate ways? Oh and I'm up for an award or two in C&H so ahem, if you'd like to head over there and support a fellow LC'er (I wasn't going to win anyways but I'm going to have like one vote otherwise)

M&S* wrote: »
    Threw that movie on last night, didn't get to sleep till like 5 but I didn't regret it! :P (I've seen it before but that was ages ago)
    Oh and I second LC awards but maybe we should wait till after the LC? Before we all go our seperate ways? Oh and I'm up for an award or two in C&H so ahem, if you'd like to head over there and support a fellow LC'er (I wasn't going to win anyways but I'm going to have like one vote otherwise)

yeah mr gilberts mental ha:D

So much Irish to learn :( I third LC awards :D

• Advertisement

So much Irish to learn :( I third LC awards :D
    Ha you have to learn irish? Seriously? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Aye, support me for the many, many Jizzlers I have been nomonated for as I'm such a great (and modest) person (Y)

I should have started studying before now, agh Physics tomorrow morning:(

I should have started studying before now, agh Physics tomorrow morning:(
    Irish orals for me mocks tomorrow - A1 gan dabht :rolleyes:

Irish orals for me mocks tomorrow - A1 gan dabht :rolleyes:

Yeah what's the story there? I have a very high standard of conversational Irish, considering I'm not in an Irish speaking school, but I did actually lose marks in my oral because I wasn't using these so called big phrases and technical vocabulary my teacher seems to think I should have been studying. So all of you guys are fluent in that school but will you need to use these killer phrases to get the A1? It's a bit stupid if you ask me since what the department should be aiming for is the ability to converse in Irish, not blow your examiner away with technical vocabulary you just learned off by heart. Btw I got 87% in my oral mostly because my teacher thought my sraith pictuir description was pretty "standard". But I described it as I saw it?

Yeah what's the story there? I have a very high standard of conversational Irish, considering I'm not in an Irish speaking school, but I did actually lose marks in my oral because I wasn't using these so called big phrases and technical vocabulary my teacher seems to think I should have been studying. So all of you guys are fluent in that school but will you need to use these killer phrases to get the A1? It's a bit stupid if you ask me since what the department should be aiming for is the ability to converse in Irish, not blow your examiner away with technical vocabulary you just learned off by heart. Btw I got 87% in my oral mostly because my teacher thought my sraith pictuir description was pretty "standard". But I described it as I saw it?
    Yeah your absolutely right, the marking scheme is flawed, students could be crap at irish, spend 10 mins revising the same sentences over and over and ace the oral.

Imagine Irish was your first language and you did your oral, you wouldnt even think of phrases and even though you'd be more fluent than the examiner you wouldnt get full marks - its stupid!

My teacher makes us use them to make our stories more interesting than the standard descriptions though. I got an A in my xmas test oral :P Granted it was a 17/20 so it was borderline but whatever :pac:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Imagine Irish was your first language and you did your oral, you wouldnt even think of phrases and even though you'd be more fluent than the examiner you wouldnt get full marks - its stupid!

My teacher makes us use them to make our stories more interesting than the standard descriptions though. I got an A in my xmas test oral :P Granted it was a 17/20 so it was borderline but whatever :pac:
    Irish is grand, and each year they make the exams easier ha

lads, google 'let it snow' :P :D

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    lads, google 'let it snow' :P :D

If you haven't already, google 'do a barrel roll'. :D

Mind = blown! :p :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement