Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

English is January 3rd, OL Maths is January 4th. I reckon it's worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    English is January 3rd, OL Maths is January 4th. I reckon it's worth going to.
    Where is it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Cian A wrote: »
    donvito99 wrote: »
    I nominate Cian A for the "Secretly Studying but Pretending not to and saying that he won't do well in exams when he'll actually get 8 A1s and thus p*iss everyone off in the process" Award

Hey now I never said I won't do well in the LC:D
    I actually don't study a tad though, don't see much point really, I'll get a few all night cramming sessions done before the Leaving Cert though:pac:
    But 8A1's? Pah, I'm ruling French out so that's 7 at best(nerdiest).
    Secretly studying huh? Am I really that lowly that I would lie to ye? Sure just look at the amount of time I spend in here for starters:D
    True, true. Maybe you could be our leader? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I don't think I could be any less motivated for my Physics exam tomorrow. My mind is completely gone off academic pursuits.

I'm here with ReviseWise open in front of me just reading words. Argh.

Where is it again?

It's in National College of Ireland. Get the Luas red line to Mayor Square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

For those of you experienced in these types of things, my 18th is jan 6th, dya think the bouncers will let me in on new years eve with my own id? Can't shoot me for being a late baby like :L

Not on new years. The guards are out in force then to stop anyone under 18. I know one girl who wasn't allowed in anywhere till after midnight, she was born January 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ah ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Got 96% in my history christmas test, lolz.

Also, I'm working for less than two weeks but it's still managing to ruin my life. People are going to the pub straight after the Christmas concert on Thursday, which would be bants, but apparently drinking before you go to work is frowned upon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Namlub wrote: »
    Got 96% in my history christmas test, lolz.

Also, I'm working for less than two weeks but it's still managing to ruin my life. People are going to the pub straight after the Christmas concert on Thursday, which would be bants, but apparently drinking before you go to work is frowned upon...

haha i feel your pain :P be lucky you havent been doing it for past 2 years :P
    haha if its only christmas work, dont worry you'll get through it :) plus you'll have some money and feel awesome for balancing the whole school work thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

So Physics was abominable, but feck it HOLIDAYS!!!

First time in months without that internal voice going "Study...study..." non-stop. Woop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Maths was fairly okay, it was all sample papers :P But there were a few really tricky ones! And we had to construct the orthocentre of a triangle...I knew how to do it and drew the centroid without thinking! :( Raged! :(

Then we had to find the area of a triangle of points but I got a straight line :/ Meh. Really dont know how it went tbh.

Geography I got loads down so I hope I did well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

What are the plans for New Years/Christmas Eve folks?

Are most people 18 yet or nearly 18 in your year because theres a few people in mine who wouldn't be too old for fourth year let alone 5th year.

I'm not even 17 til February :pac: I dont know anyone who looks like me either so I'll probably just chill in my friend's house with some of our other friends, and...yeah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Whaaat I've gone out for new years the past two years, not the nightclub but good places. I suppose it depends really but they probably will?? Caaaan't wait! Xmas holidays (early) today and only have to get daddy's present now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

donvito99 wrote: »
    What are the plans for New Years/Christmas Eve folks?

Are most people 18 yet or nearly 18 in your year because theres a few people in mine who wouldn't be too old for fourth year let alone 5th year.

Nope not yet, I'm actually only 17 years, 364 days and a few hours old. :o FML, I've so long to wait! :cool:

:pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Is anybody else's knee killing them or is it just me? Its all bloody haha. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Superbus wrote: »
    So Physics was abominable, but feck it HOLIDAYS!!!

First time in months without that internal voice going "Study...study..." non-stop. Woop.

Holidays, meh, you'd think I was exited but all I want to do now is sleep, sleep and sleep till the start of next term.
    ConTheCat wrote: »
    Whaaat I've gone out for new years the past two years, not the nightclub but good places. I suppose it depends really but they probably will?? Caaaan't wait! Xmas holidays (early) today and only have to get daddy's present now! :)
    I've got a new years party this year. I much prefer them to clubbing anyway:D
    Togepi wrote: »
    Nope not yet, I'm actually only 17 years, 364 days and a few hours old. :o FML, I've so long to wait! :cool:

:pac: :P
    Happy nearly birthday:P
    Is anybody else's knee killing them or is it just me? Its all bloody haha.
    Tbh you sound a bit psycho right now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Yeah think there's an Xmas party in Gobry's tomorrow so might go to that, hopefully go to a party on New Years :)

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Yeah think there's an Xmas party in Gobry's tomorrow so might go to that, hopefully go to a party on New Years :)

All the cool people are going to Cubins sorry2say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

That's the job so can I go with you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have sooo many 18ths at the moment, which is great, but my poor liver. :P

Lol:D Cool people, in Cork? Please:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Oxegen is cancelled next year, will be back July 2013 :(

http://www.oxegen.ie/7659/news/oxegen-taking-a-year-off/

That's the job so can I go with you? :pac:

Yeah, meet me at half 10 down pennys alley for naggins

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

my new dog wont stop crying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

barbarians wrote: »
    Oxegen is cancelled next year, will be back July 2013 :(

http://www.oxegen.ie/7659/news/oxegen-taking-a-year-off/

What?! Cancelled for just one year - sure it's like the main year I really wanted to go! :( That's just pure evil. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Calling on the advice of all ye Dublinera out there! :P

What's the quickest and easiest way to get from Connolly's station to the Institute of Education on Leeson street?

On average if ye know how much would a taxi cost to get from Connolly to the Institute?

Thanks a million guys and gals! :D

I'd just walk but then again you might get lost :P I dont get the LUAS often but I know theres one at connolly and one at stephens green, maybe you could get that? (And maybe someone else can be more precise on that :o)

• Advertisement

Calling on the advice of all ye Dublinera out there! :P

What's the quickest and easiest way to get from Connolly's station to the Institute of Education on Leeson street?

On average if ye know how much would a taxi cost to get from Connolly to the Institute?

Thanks a million guys and gals! :D

I don't think that the same luas line runs from Stephen's green to Connolly. I would walk it, about 15-20 mins. Don't know how much a taxi would cost, I'd imagine around the €10 mark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement