Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Togepi wrote: »
    True! Those strawberry dissolvable tablets they brought out were lovely too. :D Too bad I was getting a tad old for them at that stage. :o

I never heard of those :O are they still out? Surely to god if they're for six year olds, they won't do any harm to us if we took a few.. :P
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Arghhh lads, kicking myself. I got 78% in my English xmas test, he said my comparative q was excellent but less so on the story - thats exactly what I was expecting.

I'm well able to do good stories, but just this one time I absolutely made a bollox of it! And the fact that I probably could have done a better one by starting over but I couldnt see the clock because of the sun, f8ck sake i'm so disappointed :( I mean, I know I could do better, I wanted an A!

78% in English is class! It's a Christmas test, not the actual thing. You know now what you are capable of and where your downfall was, just keep working on it and you'll be delighted come August :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I never heard of those :O are they still out? Surely to god if they're for six year olds, they won't do any harm to us if we took a few.. :P

They came out years ago but I'd say they're still around. I had them when I was about eleven, my friends kept asking me for them in school even though they weren't sick. Almost got me started on a career of drug-dealing so they did! :P

I've never gone near the things since though, I swear. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

This is no joke, my ma went to the shop to buy 2 or 3 packets just to have in the cupboard in case my lil brother got sick and the woman wouldn't give her them :eek: She said she was only allowed buy one per transaction... Jaysus what was she gonna do? Go down the canal and pop a few calpol pill :pac: You could probably eat 5 packets and they wouldn't even have an effect on ya :L

Googled it, and you wouldn't want to go mad on those tablets... A "mild" laxative effect occurs on overconsumption :L

Its like it was made for Barney! :P
    medicine_1836637c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Hahaha well now we know why they're sold one pack at a time :pac: Awh yuuum I can almost taste the calpol... I used to pretend to be sick just so I could get some calpol. Still cant work the damn child lock :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

In these recessionary times dealing Calpol to the kids around the area sounds like a good money making initiative:pac:

Googled it, and you wouldn't want to go mad on those tablets... A "mild" laxative effect occurs on overconsumption :L

Its like it was made for Barney! :P

Bahaha, maybe we should lay off them for a while so... :P

Bahaha, maybe we should lay off them for a while so... :P

Maybe... pops 5 tablets

Maybe... pops 5 tablets

*Runs to toilet*

Right serious question here, does anyone know of any safe internet things that blocks the likes of facebook until night time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I actually can't get my head around the comparative study at all for english :( FML..

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Storms are crazy as crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Some weirdo keeps poking me on facebook, what do i do? :confused: :P

M&S* wrote: »
    Some weirdo keeps poking me on facebook, what do i do? :confused: :P

Send them a message with a load of Xs. :P

Or, if you don't know them, or barely know them just unfriend them, they mightn't notice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Right serious question here, does anyone know of any safe internet things that blocks the likes of facebook until night time?

Concentrate for Google Chrome lets you set a timer to block you from whatever sites you want for a certain amount of time. You'll have to get one for your other browsers too though...temptation has even led me to Internet Explorer from time to time...:eek:

Concentrate for Google Chrome lets you set a timer to block you from whatever sites you want for a certain amount of time. You'll have to get one for your other browsers too though...temptation has even led me to Internet Explorer from time to time...:eek:

IE:eek: The horror!

I installed it, it should be blocking me right now, this comment would beg to differ:rolleyes: What am I doing wrong?

Cian A wrote: »
    IE:eek: The horror!

I installed it, it should be blocking me right now, this comment would beg to differ:rolleyes: What am I doing wrong?

Are you seeing a little orange thing in the top right corner of your browser? You have to enter in the websites you want to block, and then click start. A warning should come up saying that you won't be able to access the sites til the time is up.

Are you seeing a little orange thing in the top right corner of your browser? You have to enter in the websites you want to block, and then click start. A warning should come up saying that you won't be able to access the sites til the time is up.

It's fine I've got it now, I did it all right, for some reason the first countdown didn't work:confused:
    Inevitably I'll still find my way online one way or the other:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

so much for me studying in the new year :rolleyes:

i'd do what you guys are doing...but i have facebook etc on my phone :L

Is there any equivalent of that concentrate thing for iPods/iPhones? :o

There probably isn't, I'm doomed amn't I? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

press the wrong password on the lock screen a few times and that should block it for a few minutes.. cant imagine any apps for it, i mean any app can be exited via the Home button :L

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Right so new year...said to myself....im gonna start studying on the second....started today but ah well :P hopefully i can keep it up....but it feels like i have no time left? like considering the amount of work to do? i havent done maths homework in years....and im doing higheR :O stressing out here :L

Right so new year...said to myself....im gonna start studying on the second....started today but ah well :P hopefully i can keep it up....but it feels like i have no time left? like considering the amount of work to do? i havent done maths homework in years....and im doing higheR :O stressing out here :L

You'll be fine, don't stress. If your serious about studying there's plenty of time left to do it, it doesn't all have to be done during the holidays! I'm just going to rest for the holidays as I've been doing then see where I'm taken when school starts again:)

Make your parents take your laptop and not give it back til a certain time. I'm sure they'll be happy to help :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

One of the girls in my year made a status about how she did 7 hours of study today, gaaah. I promised myself I'd study this week but it's going way too quickly :(

Also, making plans for tomorrow night and the one time I actually want to go to Gorbys (hello two euro vodka) no-one else does. Pff

subz3r0 wrote: »
    press the wrong password on the lock screen a few times and that should block it for a few minutes.. cant imagine any apps for it, i mean any app can be exited via the Home button :L

So, what you're saying is I should rip out the home button? :P :pac:
    Make your parents take your laptop and not give it back til a certain time. I'm sure they'll be happy to help :pac:

I don't even have a laptop! Debating whether to get one over the summer or just wait 'til I'm at least halfway through first year of college. :D

Make them? More like beg them not to! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Namlub wrote: »
    One of the girls in my year made a status about how she did 7 hours of study today, gaaah. I promised myself I'd study this week but it's going way too quickly :(

Also, making plans for tomorrow night and the one time I actually want to go to Gorbys (hello two euro vodka) no-one else does. Pff

People who boast about studying are as bad as the ones who pretend to do nothing, then get As in everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So true. Never been dreading going to school more, the next few months are going to be rough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Thing is, you can spend 7 hours reassuring yourself going over things you know well, or spend 3 hours challenging yourself with tougher aspects of the course. Which is more productive?

At least, that's how I reason to myself
    doing less work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I'm getting a laptop at the end of the week, hmmmmm:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement