Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I still haven't started studying/homework. I'm actually such a failure at life. :(

Happy Birthday Siobhán! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I still haven't started studying/homework. I'm actually such a failure at life. :(

Happy Birthday Siobhán! :)

I came home early today to start my homework, and yet here I am :P

Are anyone else's parents trying to get ye to give up sports/hobbies in case of injury? I went for a hack on my horse the other day and we fell on the road so now dad's paranoid that I'll have a broken arm in June :(

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Happy Birthday Siobhán!! XD have a good one and make it count ;)

Joey. wrote: »
    I came home early today to start my homework, and yet here I am :P

Are anyone else's parents trying to get ye to give up sports/hobbies in case of injury? I went for a hack on my horse the other day and we fell on the road so now dad's paranoid that I'll have a broken arm in June :(

Have you not done anything yet either? I'm actually so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Still waiting for my laptop :( Was sent from Dublin yesterday afternoon, surely will be here soon, right? :(

• Advertisement

Have you not done anything yet either? I'm actually so happy :D

Not a bit and that's not changing anytime soon! :D There's actually a lot to do...I'm such a waster :pac:

Joey. wrote: »
    Not a bit and that's not changing anytime soon! :D There's actually a lot to do...I'm such a waster :pac:

I have 3 English essays and 8 Chemistry chapters and 4 Business chapters and all of the Irish pros and a lot of French oral. I'm just gonna do the English and chem I think, not even gonna bother trying to get the rest done!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Thanks guys :) I have visions of myself all alone in a room surrounded by Hawaiian shít :( :L

Now I have visions of me jumping naked out of your cake and there's nobody there:p

Happy Birthday!

I have 3 English essays and 8 Chemistry chapters and 4 Business chapters and all of the Irish pros and a lot of French oral. I'm just gonna do the English and chem I think, not even gonna bother trying to get the rest done!

Much the same then :) English essays are really bogging me down lately, I'll probably do only 1 of the 3 :/ I'd make a start but my arm is getting fair sore now from the fall :/

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Had the paper one mock of english and irish today was grand cant wait for the rest of them now in a month .......let the study commence:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Had the paper one mock of english and irish today was grand cant wait for the rest of them now in a month .......let the study commence:P

Why did you have them sooo early? :(

Does anyone have any tips on how to study the comparative study for english? I have a test on it when i go back and I'm so gonna fail :rolleyes:

Oh and Happy Birthday Siobhán :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just did a maths paper....paper 1 that is .. the majority of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Why did you have them sooo early? :(

Does anyone have any tips on how to study the comparative study for english? I have a test on it when i go back and I'm so gonna fail :rolleyes:

Oh and Happy Birthday Siobhán :)

they seperated those two to ease the workload and stress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Have soooo much Geography to do for my mocks when I go back to School! :)

I still haven't started!!
    I might watch Harry Potter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Guysssssss need some serious help for this maths question. Nothing in the book on it or anything and we never did it D:

its easy enough circle geometry then it says "find the area of the square in which the circle can be inscribed". how do you do that?

p.s happy birthday siobhan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Guysssssss need some serious help for this maths question. Nothing in the book on it or anything and we never did it D:

its easy enough circle geometry then it says "find the area of the square in which the circle can be inscribed". how do you do that?
    Draw it roughly and it will click.

If it's the smallest square that will contain the circle, what measurement of the circle will equal the length of the side of the square?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I still haven't started!!
    I might watch Harry Potter

ARE YOU ME??!!!:eek: :pac:

ugh i may block facebook, not because I'm addicted to procrastinating etc but because i have all these people annoying the crap outta me with "Oh I just did FOUR hours of study" and "12 chapters of biology down lets hope this pays off!!"

Am I over-reacting? ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

My laptop just packed up..
    Someone hold me while I cry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Draw it roughly and it will click.

If it's the smallest square that will contain the circle, what measurement of the circle will equal the length of the side of the square?
    That was the first thing that came to mind - the diameter being the sides and squaring it to get the area. but when i looked it up i saw something about the diagonal being x and the area being xrt or something :pac:

ah well, occam's razor and all that :P thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Everyone here should go see 'The Artist' during the weekend. Absolutely fantastic movie, deserves every accolade it will inevitably get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Up until now, I've been saying '' No worries, I'll start doing proper study after Christmas''. Now it's after Christmas... Which would mean... further procrastination until I fail several mocks and start cramming from then 'til June :D Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Superbus wrote: »
    Everyone here should go see 'The Artist' during the weekend. Absolutely fantastic movie, deserves every accolade it will inevitably get.
    Isn't that the like black and white film or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Isn't that the like black and white film or something?

Yes, it is like a black and white film. In that, it is black and white. And silent.

Don't let that put you off though!

Superbus wrote: »
    Yes, it is like a black and white film. In that, it is black and white. And silent.

Don't let that put you off though!
    Oh, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Oh, any good?

weren't we just told to watch it!?
    :pac:
    I think i might. sorta interested in it now. :D
    hopefully it ACTUALLY is good. O:

Bubbleope wrote: »
    weren't we just told to watch it!?
    :pac:
    I think i might. sorta interested in it now. :D
    hopefully it ACTUALLY is good. O:
    I dunno, I've heard silent movies are boring. But then again never seen one anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Movie marathon for the evening was great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

[Quote=AlmightyDublin;76366523
    I dunno, I've heard silent movies are boring. But then again never seen one anyways :pac:[/Quote]

*gaasp*

Go watch one of charlie chaplins movies, then come back and realise what you said was stupid :P
    Silent movies are every bit as good and in fact better than a lot of modern films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Gonna do a maths paper and some biology/home ec today I think. No laptop = no youtube to stop me. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement