Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eyes are falling out of my head.
    Got my English essay back, 74% for my article. Damn you B3! *shakes fist*

I'm going to bed at 9.

me too , stayed up last night to make my friend a funny bday card :) i'm so tired :O
    in other news, i'm enrolling myself into school study tomorrow, my procrastinating days are over :eek:
    today actually wasnt too bad :) kinda glad to be back into school :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Got two tests back - a D1 in Maths and a B3 in Phys/Chem. They're the two subjects I've taken up this year so I'm happy enough. :) Had hoped to do a bit better, but I'm still awful lazy and not as motivated as I could be, so that'll do for now.

I've no excuse for the subjects I've been doing for five and a half years though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

AnnaKin wrote: »
    i am.... SO freaked out :(

The Indo had that CAO supplement today, and it freaked me out with the points listings. Because i had it in my head i needed 430, and i was aiming 460/70, and what do I see? it shows the person in the middle of the lists points (as in if there were 15 places, it showed what number 8 got) and ALL my choices are at the 465 or higher... I DONT GET IT!!! And now I'm scared I wont get my choices!! THis fear is too premature for my liking :(
    Didn't see the indo to-day, but normally you get two figures:

The lowest points at which someone got in
    The mid-point

The second is more for information / interest than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 adam777

It feels a bit weird being back now, just the fact that it feels like we're even closer until the exams now. I'm oddly glad we're back though, just so we can get it done with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

It's just one of those weeks. I don't want to do this anymore! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

There's just no way right now that I a going to do any work. I'm sorry but I'm watching Chuck right now and I don't intend on working again until I finish. Why did this show have to be so good and why did it have to be so long! It's consuming me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

So 3 maths questions every night as well as reading my 2 comparative essays 3 times each followed by a night of each of my other subjects depending on the night.

Wish me luck.

Edit: Make that 2 maths questions and something from a biology paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Didn't see the indo to-day, but normally you get two figures:

The lowest points at which someone got in
    The mid-point

The second is more for information / interest than anything else.[/Quote]

okay.. that makes more sense than the way i was thinking x) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

The Scholes thing is unfortunate :rolleyes: but yea want to see how I get on in the mocks to, and yea 150 days until the 6th of June lads !

If you wanna really get freaked out, 12 weeks til orals/practicals and roughly 80 school days left until we're all finished! :D
    adam777 wrote: »
    It feels a bit weird being back now, just the fact that it feels like we're even closer until the exams now. I'm oddly glad we're back though, just so we can get it done with :pac:
    Same, I appear to be the only person looking forward to getting done with school! Today just absolutely flew also :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Got a few Xmas results back today:
    English - 84%
    Irish - 67%
    OL Maths - 75%
    Ag. Science - 82%
    Happy out so far :)

Just registered for the CAO online, choices in and all. We're on a narrow road now lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i got my first mock exam tomorrow -English paper 1. can't wait for it to be over.. (':
    just taking a break from studying now. xD my eyes are actually so dead after all this being back to school crap and from all the reading through notes. O: sleepy time is needed!! D: but i gotta study some more.. meh

Cian A wrote: »
    There's just no way right now that I a going to do any work. I'm sorry but I'm watching Chuck right now and I don't intend on working again until I finish. Why did this show have to be so good and why did it have to be so long! It's consuming me:(

you'll get bored eventually..(for your own sake :P) i stopped watching it after like the 1st episode of season 2. it was getting a bit repetitive even though the story-line was changing.. S: if that makes any sense at all.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 adam777

Bubbleope wrote: »
    i got my first mock exam tomorrow -English paper 1. can't wait for it to be over.. (':
    just taking a break from studying now. xD my eyes are actually so dead after all this being back to school crap and from all the reading through notes. O: sleepy time is needed!! D: but i gotta study some more.. meh

It seems like everyone has their mocks before me :eek: Mine start on the 20th of Feb.

adam777 wrote: »
    It seems like everyone has their mocks before me :eek: Mine start on the 20th of Feb.

i would've prefered for mine to be at that time.. :P swap schools?? :pac: i'm not prepared at all!! I'm only calm about this exam tomorrow because there's not much i can actually study apart from the language registers.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

WTF our mocks are like in early March!

subz3r0 wrote: »

What? Sure that's years away! :eek:

you'll get bored eventually..(for your own sake :P) i stopped watching it after like the 1st episode of season 2. it was getting a bit repetitive even though the story-line was changing.. S: if that makes any sense at all.... :pac:

When I watch a series, I absolutely marathon through it. I'm already finished series two:)
    I need help:o

subz3r0 wrote: »
    okay.. no need to shout! D:
    :pac:
    When I watch a series, I absolutely marathon through it. I'm already finished series two:)
    I need help:o
    you = crazy. i used to be like that. but not anymore! :D ...(until summer holidays muhahaha :D)
    maybe if you quit watching it for a while then you won't feel the need to continue watching it?? :)

okay.. no need to shout! D:
    :pac:

you = crazy. i used to be like that. but not anymore! :D ...(until summer holidays muhahaha :D)
    maybe if you quit watching it for a while then you won't feel the need to continue watching it?? :)

Our mocks are 3 weeks away, I'm worried now:eek:

How can I not start series 3 tomorrow? No other show has such big cliffhangers!
    Only 60 odd episodes to go. Shít...

Our mocks are 3 weeks away, I'm worried now:eek:

How can I not start series 3 tomorrow? No other show has such big cliffhangers!
    Only 60 odd episodes to go. Shít...

haha okay if you love it that badly i say maybe reward yourself AFTER studying for a few hours by watching Chuck? xD could work!! :P
    actually no.. cause then you might forget what you just learnt... hmmmmmmm just QUIT IT!! NO MORE CHUCK!!! :eek: :)

• Advertisement

haha okay if you love it that badly i say maybe reward yourself AFTER studying for a few hours by watching Chuck? xD could work!! :P
    actually no.. cause then you might forget what you just learnt... hmmmmmmm just QUIT IT!! NO MORE CHUCK!!! :eek: :)

Yes isn't that what most people do? Reward themselves after doing the work? I should give that a shot:o

There's only one way out of this and that's forward!

Sitting in bed with a comparative essay and a cup of warm milk. This isn't that bad. :)

Yes isn't that what most people do? Reward themselves after doing the work? I should give that a shot:o

There's only one way out of this and that's forward!
    nah i think most people ignore the work.. xD but yup yup. do your thing so. :P
    but i think you should quit full stop. O;
    okay off i go to study again. slán! :)

okay off i go to study again. slán! :)
    Study this late?!
    Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

My mocks are in 2 weeks....i have to learn a full 2 year course in 14 days :( hate life!!

I reeeeally need to give up twitter and facebook so bad! :(

Day 1 of no Facebook over, hopefully I can keep it up 'til Feb 10th...who knows, I might even learn something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Sitting in bed with a comparative essay and a cup of warm milk. This isn't that bad. :)

I agree, I've been studying for about 3 hours and I feel a lot better than I did yesterday because I have accomplished something, the happiness I feel after having studied might just make it worth it! Gonna have a nice hot shower now, then only about 20 more minutes until I'm finished and can watch Dexter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Got most my results, dunno if any of ye remembered that I failed Irish, Physics and Economics for summer?

Well, I failed Physics even worse :( Got a D1 in Economics which was really disappointing. But besides that it was grand :) B1's in French and Geog (Geog might be marked up to an A2), C3 in Irish ( :D) and C1 in English (Hoping for a B3 so not too bad) So like, not really far off what I want, up the work a bit, should be achievable :)

Oh, and LAPTOP ARRIVED! My first proper post on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Two weeks till the breig-scrudaithe :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Arghhh only 68% in geography :( I got 22-26/30 on most long questions but only 6/20 on my map (I cant draw them even looking at them. It sucks but I've accepted I'll have to avoid that in the LC!) and 10/30 on one because my heading is "not asked". I think he means in general, if they limit the headings but still, its relevant to the question. There was so much written :(

79 in business though! :) Wish I'd gotten 80 but not gonna complain :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement