Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Bubbleope wrote: »
    OHMEGOD!! that course seems really good hey!! I have it down in my list someplace(list is always changing)!! :D ignore those evil people.. they obviously got weird tastes in courses hey.. (:
    Or maybe we do... :pac:
    But it seems like a good course for job opportunities in my opinion. :)
    Agriculture is the way to go these days :P ah it's a nice course too! I do love the animals :P plus the Lyons estate looks class!
    Pffft!

They do realise that if it wasn't for agriculture they wouldn't eat, or at least their options would be very severely restricted?

Not to mention that half of Dublin or indeed any of the large towns / cities are only 1 / 2 generations away from cow-shit and hay themselves!

Honestly, the brief frenzy of the Diseased Celtic Kitten has sent people's heads so far up their own arses!! :mad:

Ignorance is bliss or so they say... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

So far this week I've slept for at least two hours everyday after school, I can see this being a bad habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Arghhhh 55% in my Hamlet question. :/ I can get A's and B's in every other section, but Hamlet....ffs :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Agriculture is the way to go these days :P ah it's a nice course too! I do love the animals :P plus the Lyons estate looks class!

Ignorance is bliss or so they say... :/
    I've never been to UCD. So I don't even know where that is and what is looks like!! XD I love animals too. (: I have Agri-Environmental Sciences down too for UCD cause I'm interested in all the subjects in it.. ughhh don't know what to choose though! XD All my choices seem so good to me.. ahh O:
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Arghhhh 55% in my Hamlet question. :/ I can get A's and B's in every other section, but Hamlet....ffs :eek: :(

if it makes you feel better i only wrote a page and a half for hamlet today... (my class never did a question on it) /: at least i attempted it! :P
    at least you know what to improve on anyways? :)

We never did many either, high five :P I really dont :( My teacher said I'd written too much like a summary of the play without relating it back, but I said things like "Claudius did x, the actions of a true villain" but in the introduction I didnt say what I thought of him, I launched straight into it, so I guess thats kinda like a summary. I had loads of information in it so I dunno how I only got 55 like :eek:

I said he has no redeeming features since he isnt willing to give up the queen etc, but my teacher was like "well, he's a good leader" - I assumed it meant morally though? So I was like "Well then is his ability to cover up his treachery another one? :P" but it isnt obviously, haha. So confused with it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Ugh I can't help feeling that I'm making the wrong choice with regards to the CAO. Law and business is my number but I really regret that I will not be able to study history. After college I plan on doing taxation in an accountancy firm so this degree obviously gives me the best grounding but I really wish that I would be able to study history in some way!

We never did many either, high five :P I really dont :( My teacher said I'd written too much like a summary of the play without relating it back, but I said things like "Claudius did x, the actions of a true villain" but in the introduction I didnt say what I thought of him, I launched straight into it, so I guess thats kinda like a summary. I had loads of information in it so I dunno how I only got 55 like :eek:

I said he has no redeeming features since he isnt willing to give up the queen etc, but my teacher was like "well, he's a good leader" - I assumed it meant morally though? So I was like "Well then is his ability to cover up his treachery another one? :P" but it isnt obviously, haha. So confused with it all!

Haha what exactly was the question? :pac:
    Never summarise, only analyse. I learned my lesson. (':
    But I guess you could actually say he's a good leader though, he seems to be capable of dealing with politics and the issue of war. Well, he did in the beginning of the play anyways.. :pac:
    So maybe your teacher was just in a bad mood when she graded your essay! :D
    _Bella_ wrote: »
    Ugh I can't help feeling that I'm making the wrong choice with regards to the CAO. Law and business is my number but I really regret that I will not be able to study history. After college I plan on doing taxation in an accountancy firm so this degree obviously gives me the best grounding but I really wish that I would be able to study history in some way!
    what about these courses:
    https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=12
    http://www.tcd.ie/courses/undergraduate/az/course.php?id=263
    not sure if you'd be able to do taxation afterwards though. :P but they seem to include a bit of history? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Claudius is a good politician and speaker. Look at how he managed to convince people that he should marry Gertrude, and how he stopped Laertes from killing him.

Today's the first day I'm home before 8 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

God I dislike Hamlet essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

We will be sitting the first Leaving Cert paper today 21 weeks.... Just so y'know :D. Making up a study plan this evening to fit pretty much everything into those 21 weeks. Gonna be busy :(

• Advertisement

Haha what exactly was the question? :pac:
    Never summarise, only analyse. I learned my lesson. (':
    But I guess you could actually say he's a good leader though, he seems to be capable of dealing with politics and the issue of war. Well, he did in the beginning of the play anyways.. :pac:
    So maybe your teacher was just in a bad mood when she graded your essay! :D
    But like...you kinda have to summarise to analyse! Like, summarise what you're analysing :P He is capable in that regard, but I looked at the question (which was “Claudius can be seen as both a heartless villain and a character with some redeeming qualities in the play, Hamlet.”) to mean like, contrasts to him being heartless and redeeming him of it if you get me? :P I guess it meant capable as a leader or something yeah o.o

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Claudius is a good politician and speaker. Look at how he managed to convince people that he should marry Gertrude, and how he stopped Laertes from killing him.
    True but I thought that both were pretty manipulative - he also manages to convince everyone that he should be king and tricks them all into thinking that he didnt kill his brother. He convinced Laertes to kill Hamlet, but thats not a redeeming quality really.
    God I dislike Hamlet essays.
    Amen.

13spanner wrote: »
    We will be sitting the first Leaving Cert paper today 21 weeks.... Just so y'know :D. Making up a study plan this evening to fit pretty much everything into those 21 weeks. Gonna be busy :(
    oh jeeze. got a case of the nasty butterflies now. D: i think i am motivated to study now!! :L thanks!
    But like...you kinda have to summarise to analyse! Like, summarise what you're analysing :P He is capable in that regard, but I looked at the question (which was “Claudius can be seen as both a heartless villain and a character with some redeeming qualities in the play, Hamlet.”) to mean like, contrasts to him being heartless and redeeming him of it if you get me? :P I guess it meant capable as a leader or something yeah o.o
    Yeah but summarise as in.. a short sentence to tell what you're talking about?? And then analyse xD And sure as long as the question has that word "some" in relation to his redeeming qualities that means that you should've wrote more about his evilness and all that.. which you did.. so you should just tell your teacher to grow a brain and learn how to correct an answer properly!! :D:D :pac: and that sentence:
    to mean like, contrasts to him being heartless and redeeming him of it if you get me? makes no sense at all to me. XD haha, maybe I'm just being slow today.. dunnope. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hate those times when you're on a roll doing an English essay and think what you're writing is absolutely unreal, then you read it back and it sounds like it's been written by an eight year-old with too many emotions...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

13spanner wrote: »

22 weeks and one day till its all over then so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Manic2 wrote: »
    After a lengthy absence... I'm back bitchessssssssssss! :P

Just though I'd let y'all know I'm having a meltdown. Mostly because our new geog teacher is the worst teacher ever, which makes me wanna cry because out last teacher was a genius! The difference is so noticable. :(
    Also the CAO! I have no idea what to put on it!
    Also I'm going to fail everything and I genuinely have no time for anything, including study, because I've so much work to do.
    6 geography essays to do in ONE bloody night.

:(

ooooh the exact same situation in my school, the geography/irish teacher is gone away and a new one came in, shes giving them tonnes to do :eek:

I'm glad my geography teachers still there!!

Namlub wrote: »
    Hate those times when you're on a roll writing an English essay and think what you've writing is absolutely unreal, then you read it back and it sounds like it's been written by an eight year-old with too many emotions...

haha. XD is it a short story? :pac:

haha. XD is it a short story? :pac:
    Dairy entry thingy for functional writing. It's about some woman running away from her abusive boyfriend, I'll die if I get asked to read it out :o

Dairy entry thingy for functional writing. It's about some woman running away from her abusive boyfriend, I'll die if I get asked to read it out :o

Hahaha "some woman"! some story there! :pac: Ah no, I'm sure it's brilliant! :D Especially when there's the possibility of it being read out!! :eek: shnazzay :)
    haha I hate those type of essays.. My imagination is so stupid.. can never think of something brilliant. :o Speeches are the best way to go I think :D Or personal essays.. yaw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Am I the only one who's getting more homework in the lead up to the pres?

Like not even study, but new stuff!
    I know it should be counted as study, but still, I can't see it as that way. :(

Hahaha "some woman"! some story there! :pac: Ah no, I'm sure it's brilliant! :D Especially when there's the possibility of it being read out!! :eek: shnazzay :)
    haha I hate those type of essays.. My imagination is so stupid.. can never think of something brilliant. :o Speeches are the best way to go I think :D Or personal essays.. yaw. :)
    After the first time he promised it would never happen again, but it did.
    LYK IF YHOO CRIED :'(

• Advertisement

After the first time he promised it would never happen again, but it did.
    LYK IF YHOO CRIED :'(

i cried. )':
    haha last year my teacher handed out my essay to people that wanted to read it cause i said i wasn't gonna read it... so embarrassing. D;
    mean teachers.. evil evil!! :(
    haha rightio hoes i'm off to study mathematics!! paper 1 shall be THE fail of my entire life. and i don't really care... :confused: slán! (:

So my mum's watching Operation Transformation and some guy has just suggested that people should be given extra points in the Leaving Cert if they're physically fit. Christ.

Yeah but summarise as in.. a short sentence to tell what you're talking about?? And then analyse xD And sure as long as the question has that word "some" in relation to his redeeming qualities that means that you should've wrote more about his evilness and all that.. which you did.. so you should just tell your teacher to grow a brain and learn how to correct an answer properly!! :D:D :pac: and that sentence:
    to mean like, contrasts to him being heartless and redeeming him of it if you get me? makes no sense at all to me. XD haha, maybe I'm just being slow today.. dunnope. :P
    I kinda did summarise though D; Hahaha yeah :P And what I meant in the confusing sentence was I thought redeeming qualities was referring to his praying for forgiveness, not his skill at handling the country - I stand by that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

So my mum's watching Operation Transformation and some guy has just suggested that people should be given extra points in the Leaving Cert if they're physically fit. Christ.

Well thank Christ that's not in place.

Though I guess for History... no real disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

The awkard moment when you block facebook, youtube and boards and try to log on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Whats the pres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Whats the pres?

Alternative term for mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

People keep asking for my results just so they can tell me theirs which are always better than mine! :mad: Go away I was not put on this planet to make you feel better about yourself I already feel crap enough about mine :(

Dont worry, they dont mean anything sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Dont worry, they dont mean anything sure :)

Not if you make it to Limerick :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement