Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I have no time either, I need to find sometime during the day after school to go for a walk, it'd help waken me up too I suppose. But the amount of weight I've put on is ridiculous.

I'm so used to eating what I want without any repercussions but now my metabolism (Sum of all chemical reactions in an organism. A bit of biology revision right there! :P) is slowing down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Having a look back over my geography exam, there was one short question: Is Ireland under the influence of a depression or an anti cyclone?
    I answered yes... What's wrong with me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Erm, how do you study?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm gonna start drinking Berocca in the morning. My tiredness is something to behold. Although, I've a late start tomorrow! Not in until 9.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

If your feeling tired during the day/feeling fatigue. I really really recommend taking 'Pharmaton' (about 10 euro for a months supply in pharmacies) for a while. I was having really bad fatigue in the run up to Christmas and went back on for about a week and a half and feel great ever since. (But I have cleaned up my diet this past while so its helping too. :) )

I stop taking it when I feel back to normal though during the days. I don't see the need for it. :)

[/random advice]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Trust me, my grades werent all that spectacular :P
    All HL:
    Maths - 72 - 100 points
    English - 78 - 80 points
    Irish -
    78 - 80 points
    History -
    82 - 85 points
    Geography -
    68 D: - 70 points
    Business -
    79 - 80 points
    French -
    havent gotten it yet ¬_¬ should be better than geo anyways!

*crawls under covers with no intention of surfacing*

Can I swap brains? Mines not particularly bad... just lazy :p
    I shall have to work so I dont feel too bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Gwan sure! Working is almost enjoyable at this point, knowing I'm doing things right etc :P

88 in French, SO happy I got my A :cool: It'll go up or down depending on my oral/aural results which I really dont have estimates on. I was a bit disappointed because I got 60/60 and 57/60 on the comprehensions (somehow!) but 21/30 and 22/30 on the written sections :/ One reason was that I should have used the subjunctive tense...we havent done it though. :L

So assuming I stay at an A2 (but may even get elevated to an A1, who knows :P) I have 515 points with room for improvement in English (hoping for an A2 or a B1) and geography (got a C1 but the test was nothing like the LC exam and my teacher said I'm on my way to an A or something :P). History will probably fall but ah well :)

Now that I'm thinking about biology teaching, I'm so happy! I think I know what I'll do next year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

5 mocks down 5 to go. :D:D Can't wait to see the results.. just to see how well/bad i do by studying literally just the night before. XD I'm sorta excited!! :D
    Gwan sure! Working is almost enjoyable at this point, knowing I'm doing things right etc :P

88 in French, SO happy I got my A :cool: It'll go up or down depending on my oral/aural results which I really dont have estimates on. I was a bit disappointed because I got 60/60 and 57/60 on the comprehensions (somehow!) but 21/30 and 22/30 on the written sections :/ One reason was that I should have used the subjunctive tense...we havent done it though. :L

So assuming I stay at an A2 (but may even get elevated to an A1, who knows :P) I have 515 points with room for improvement in English (hoping for an A2 or a B1) and geography (got a C1 but the test was nothing like the LC exam and my teacher said I'm on my way to an A or something :P). History will probably fall but ah well :)
    Well done! :D Ja know those premocks.. were they actually like real exams or were they just like christmas tests with only a few topics? Just wondering.. :o
    Now that I'm thinking about biology teaching, I'm so happy! I think I know what I'll do next year. :)
    Which course are you doing to become an biology teacher? O: Cause I was thinking about becoming a biology and an ag science teacher but i don't understand how you go about it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Maynooth?? :D

• Advertisement

Bubbleope wrote: »

Well done! :D Ja know those premocks.. were they actually like real exams or were they just like christmas tests with only a few topics? Just wondering.. :o
    Thank you :D They werent actually premocks, just Christmas tests. History/Geography/Business had stuff from 5th year and 6th year but definitely nowhere near the real leaving cert - maybe history but the other two not so much :P Maths was exam papers and French was mock questions but not a whole mock paper, so I know that those results arent brilliant indicators but I'm pretty happy anyway :P

And good luck with your mocks! Seems mad early to have them!

Thank you :D They werent actually premocks, just Christmas tests. History/Geography/Business had stuff from 5th year and 6th year but definitely nowhere near the real leaving cert - maybe history but the other two not so much :P Maths was exam papers and French was mock questions but not a whole mock paper, so I know that those results arent brilliant indicators but I'm pretty happy anyway :P

And good luck with your mocks! Seems mad early to have them!

Ohhh okay! :D Cause I was wondering.. like if you did have tests similar to the real exams that'd be like TWO SETS OF MOCKS!! Which would be horrible. :pac:
    And it is early yeah but I'm actually pure happy now!! :D I can get straight down to business and study when they're over. :D Imma see what i get in these mocks first and then post the presumably horrible points I'd get. XD Haha jaysus. It's gonna be interesting, I'll tell ya that. :pac:

Which course are you doing to become an biology teacher? O: Cause I was thinking about becoming a biology and an ag science teacher but i don't understand how you go about it. :confused:

You can do a general science degree and then the hdip after. :) That's the easiest way really. It's what my biology teacher did anyway, and what I've been told to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

(My English teacher, holding a <pound of sausages and half a dozen eggs> ''Now lads, I won't tell ye what's coming up on the mocks, but if ye had a look at this, ye would be doing well... okay?''

You've gotta love him :D

Mod note: Absolutely NO discussion of content of any mocks papers in any thread but the designated Mocks thread, and then only with spoilers!

You can do a general science degree and then the hdip after. :) That's the easiest way really. It's what my biology teacher did anyway, and what I've been told to do..
    Ahh okay. :D thanks! There's a general science course in UCD I have down anyways! :D It's at no. 4 at the moment. xD But the thing i dislike about them science courses is the fact that they have maths as a proper subject in them. D: sickener of my life!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

The same with my Music Teacher, she was like:

"<PictureFrame likes to play a French Horn">"

See above!!!! - R.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

If I register for the CAO now can I change my courses before the 1st Feburary? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

If I register for the CAO now can I change my courses before the 1st Feburary? :confused:

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Superbus wrote: »
    Yep.

Thank you :) Still have no idea what I want to do :(

We're getting no help for the pres. :(

• Advertisement

We're getting no help for the pres. :(

you're better off not knowing. (:

and by the way!! there's a science education course in limerick (currently researching) so you don't have to to the hdip after it!! :D shnazzay! - http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/coursedetail.php?course_id=776 {not sure if I myself want to go to Limerick though(must think this through :pac:) but i know someone that is a teacher after doing this course and they loved it!! :)}

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

and by the way!! there's a science education course in limerick (currently researching) so you don't have to to the hdip after it!! :D shnazzay! - http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/coursedetail.php?course_id=776 {not sure if I myself want to go to Limerick though(must think this through :pac:) but i know someone that is a teacher after doing this course and they loved it!! :)}
    If you see RainbowTrout around, poke her for info, I'm pretty sure that's the one she did.

Hahaha I didnt realize Randy had edited those posts and I was like...why was the english teacher holding that? :P
    Ohhh okay! :D Cause I was wondering.. like if you did have tests similar to the real exams that'd be like TWO SETS OF MOCKS!! Which would be horrible. :pac:
    And it is early yeah but I'm actually pure happy now!! :D I can get straight down to business and study when they're over. :D Imma see what i get in these mocks first and then post the presumably horrible points I'd get. XD Haha jaysus. It's gonna be interesting, I'll tell ya that. :pac:
    Some people have that! Pure cruelty :eek: I'm glad mine are a bit later though, gives a more realistic idea I think :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

As Superbus said, yes. :)

You can also change them all (still for free) between sometime in May and July 1st, so you have a while to think about it some more. ;)

I'll take a look! Not sure if I'd go to Limerick, but it's worth a look. :)

Thats a fair few points..

Oh, I meant to share this epic quote with you guys :pac:

“I remember a few years ago we were doing this part of the course and people couldnt remember who made the first home rule party. And at the time there was this actress with a great arse. Jennifer Lopez. So if you ever need to remember who made the first home rule party, just think of Jennifer Lopez’s BUTT!”

-My history teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Pres have been pushed back two days, good times. Though for the first time, we have to pay to get them corrected. Bah.

Namlub wrote: »
    Pres have been pushed back two days, good times. Though for the first time, we have to pay to get them corrected. Bah.

How much per paper? Ours are €8 each!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

How much per paper? Ours are €8 each!
    Only know English so far, and that's 15. Great bargain :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Ours are a tenner each, but we don't have to do them. My sister pays €80 at the start of the year for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement