Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I'm fuming about my mocks! We were promised them to be on the week before the midterm. Now all of a sudden they're 2 days before and 5 days after :mad: There goes my midterm of doing f*** all :( :L

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I'm fuming about my mocks! We were promised them to be on the week before the midterm. Now all of a sudden they're 2 days before and 5 days after :mad: There goes my midterm of doing f*** all :( :L

It seems my days of doing f all are over. :(
    I miss them already..

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Some people have that! Pure cruelty :eek: I'm glad mine are a bit later though, gives a more realistic idea I think :P
    suppose you're right there.. :P ah well i doubt i'd have even studied for them if they were a few weeks away either so makes no difference to me. xD
    I'll take a look! Not sure if I'd go to Limerick, but it's worth a look. :)

Thats a fair few points..
    465.. you just made me realise!! that is a lot. D: lah. time to shtart the studying FO'REAL!!! :pac:
    CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Ours are a tenner each, but we don't have to do them. My sister pays €80 at the start of the year for them.
    O:!! We had to pay €105 for ours.. I think they're being sent away to the other side of the country to be corrected. :p AHHH! CAN'T WAIT for the results.. gonna be a serious moment right there. :L :L

Dreading my pres! Gonna be such a wake-up call. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hahaha I didnt realize Randy had edited those posts and I was like...why was the english teacher holding that? :P
    Just goes to show that high marks in school tests doesn't necessarily correlate with common sense! :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Think I've completely changed my mind, gonna end up doing arts :/

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

ConTheCat wrote: »
    What made you change your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Just goes to show that high marks in school tests doesn't necessarily correlate with common sense! :p:D
    Ohhhh I think I'll need some ice for that burn! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

funny-pictures-otter-does-not-want-an-ice-bath-jpg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My mocks are going to cost €110 and that's only for six subjects. :(

So, that's €18.33 per subject. Rip-off or what?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I didnt realise we had to pay for them... in any case, the school hasnt told any of us anything yet!! cant recall paying for the mocks for the junior either :confused:

in any case, saturdays where i had sweet f**k all to do, I miss you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

ConTheCat wrote: »
    You say Arts like it's a bad thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We'd to pay for our business and english jc mocks - my business teacher sent them away but the other teacher is a cow and i'm pretty sure she pocketed the money :)

i'm pretty sure our regular teachers will be correcting our lc mocks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

What made you change your mind?
    I've no idea just been thinking I don't wanna do anything anymore. Leisure seems like effort! :P
    13spanner wrote: »
    You say Arts like it's a bad thing :D
    Haha no, it's just such a change because I thought I knew what I wanted to do in like TY! :D

Hey have ye gotten yer exam numbers yet!? School received ours yesterday but not getting them til next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Really don't know what to do! I have top two choices sorted, but I really don't know what to put as 1st, and which to put as second, because I want to do them both equally.
    One is like 70 points more than the other, so should I put that 1st? Orrrr...?

In other news, today I plan on studying the heart in Biology, 1 sraithpicture, Special diets in home ec, and writing out 2 geography essays. :D
    I feel like I'm finally becoming more motivated and focused than before, which is good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 adam777

Someone give me some wise words to make me study today, quiiick!

adam777 wrote: »
    Someone give me some wise words to make me study today, quiiick!

Your number one choice will be going up thanks to the extra points for honours maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Manic2 wrote: »
    Really don't know what to do! I have top two choices sorted, but I really don't know what to put as 1st, and which to put as second, because I want to do them both equally.
    One is like 70 points more than the other, so should I put that 1st? Orrrr...?

In other news, today I plan on studying the heart in Biology, 1 sraithpicture, Special diets in home ec, and writing out 2 geography essays. :D
    I feel like I'm finally becoming more motivated and focused than before, which is good. :)

Don't let the points influence your choices I think is the best policy. I only have one particularly high points course in mind but it's probably not getting my no.1, the course that I want most is waaay below the points I'm going to get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

English essay for the weekend done already, the pride I feel is immense :p

Cian A wrote: »
    Don't let the points influence your choices I think is the best policy. I only have one particularly high points course in mind but it's probably not getting my no.1, the course that I want most is waaay below the points I'm going to get!

Thanks for the advice, but I genuinely want them both equally, and I prob won't get the higher points one due to maths bonus points etc.

So the way I was thinking is, if I put the higher one 1st, and get it, I'll be happy, but if I don't get it and get the 2nd choice, I'll still be happy, whereas I might regret it if I put the lower points one 1st. You know? :P

• Advertisement

Manic2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, but I genuinely want them both equally, and I prob won't get the higher points one due to maths bonus points etc.

So the way I was thinking is, if I put the higher one 1st, and get it, I'll be happy, but if I don't get it and get the 2nd choice, I'll still be happy, whereas I might regret it if I put the lower points one 1st. You know? :P

But you wouldn't regret it if you liked them both equally, right? Just try your best to pick between the two. Say you got offered both of them (for arguments sake) which would you choose and why? Weigh up the pros and cons of each! Go through all the modules you'd be doing and you might prefer one over the other. Ask people who know you well (friends and family really) which they can see you doing.

That should help you with your choice. :)

But you wouldn't regret it if you liked them both equally, right? Just try your best to pick between the two. Say you got offered both of them (for arguments sake) which would you choose and why? Weigh up the pros and cons of each! Go through all the modules you'd be doing and you might prefer one over the other. Ask people who know you well (friends and family really) which they can see you doing.

That should help you with your choice. :)

Yea that's true!
    Thanks! :P

Life altering decisions are the worst. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 adam777

Your number one choice will be going up thanks to the extra points for honours maths!

That just made me depressed so I went and watched Friends to cheer myself up :pac:

adam777 wrote: »
    That just made me depressed so I went and watched Friends to cheer myself up :pac:

Go study now then. :P

Someone remind me to get a UL and LIT prospectus from school on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Ally7 wrote: »
    English essay for the weekend done already, the pride I feel is immense :p
    I didn't even get an English essay for the weekend but I still did one this morning along with my other homework! :D Tonight I'm gonna study Rich and Volumetric Analysis and tomorrow I'll study Boland and Plath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Had a gawk at the Mary I accomidation, the mammy is ringing Ashdown Village Monday to see what's the craic. Exam number, CAO, accomidation, mocks... I suppose every day put down is one day nearer to finishing :D

Seriously thinking about Limerick now! Moving to a new county is weird though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just had the pleasure of sitting through a minute long sex scene with intense moaning, screaming and orgasming with, no - not my parents - my grandmother. **** my life. How awkward.

What's everyone hoping to do next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Just had the pleasure of sitting through a minute long sex scene with intense moaning, screaming and orgasming with, no - not my parents - my grandmother. **** my life. How awkward.

No, thats not as bad as sitting through it with my gran... she's the type to go:
    "Well, finally- i was waiting for them to get at it."

OR

"Anna, who is he? why is she with him, i thought she was sleeping with the other guy? He isnt as good looking as the other guy, I wouldnt sleep with him anyway..."

It could go on like that :( scarred for life :pac:

Oh, and french and business, in case I havent told everyone :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh my lord jesus. Horrible! I think there's one in the Green Mile and I watched it with my mother and it wasn't great.
    Also had the pleasure of watching various episodes or True Blood with mother dearest. :eek:

I want to do teaching, so arts english&geography or biology&maths :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement