Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Hoping to do a degree in the 3 sciences with teaching. :) So hard to find some, though. High points. :(

Anyone wanna talk me through being a biology teacher by any other route? It's so confusing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

AnnaKin wrote: »
    Oh, and french and business, in case I havent told everyone :pac:
    Kind of thinking of that in TCD too! *high five* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Kind of thinking of that in TCD too! *high five* :D

Awesome :D *high fives back* it looks to be a good course that I'm sure I'll enjoy so I'm confident that I wont be drastically changing my CAO :rolleyes:

Are all your choices similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

What's everyone hoping to do next year?
    Liberal Arts in Mary I to do secondary teaching. English and Irish I'd say. What are you hoping to do yourself, Coeur?

Awesome :D *high fives back* it looks to be a good course that I'm sure I'll enjoy so I'm confident that I wont be drastically changing my CAO :rolleyes:

Are all your choices similar?
    Agreed :D French is my one true love in life and business is pretty interesting and useful too I imagine :) 505 points though...kinda hoping it goes down :o

They're sorta similar - my second choice is international languages in UCD. It might even end up my first, I just dont know what I want to do, I just know it'll involve French :P Computer science is also an option because I've heard the maths isnt so bad, but I dont really know much about what you need to do in the course :/
    What about you? :)

• Advertisement

Agreed :D French is my one true love in life and business is pretty interesting and useful too I imagine :) 505 points though...kinda hoping it goes down :o

They're sorta similar - my second choice is international languages in UCD. It might even end up my first, I just dont know what I want to do, I just know it'll involve French :P Computer science is also an option because I've heard the maths isnt so bad, but I dont really know much about what you need to do in the course :/
    What about you? :)

I'm the same :p french is involved in every one of my choices!! I know, but I'm worried it might go up because of the extra points in maths thing D;

but chances are it'll stay the same, I think its sciences that have the points going up!! Computers were an option till i seen the complex numbers part- which i despise D;

YAY us french-lovers ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My number one at the moment (I'm awful indecisive) is Product Design and Technology in UL. The open day helped convince me, it just looks like so much fun! :D The university itself looks like great craic too.

The only thing is that the points are currently 370, and I had more than enough for it last year, so it kind of makes repeating look silly... Oh well!! :P

I'm the same :p french is involved in every one of my choices!! I know, but I'm worried it might go up because of the extra points in maths thing D;

but chances are it'll stay the same, I think its sciences that have the points going up!! Computers were an option till i seen the complex numbers part- which i despise D;

YAY us french-lovers ^_^
    same! :P do you do higher maths? if so you'll get the points from that so it's all even i guess :P ahhh, we're leaving out complex numbers! :( guess that's shotdown before it even got off the ground :pac:

same! :P do you do higher maths? if so you'll get the points from that so it's all even i guess :P ahhh, we're leaving out complex numbers! :( guess that's shotdown before it even got off the ground :pac:

GOD no!!! I wish I had now, my teacher made me do it last year, it was her last act in the school before she retired, but i felt it was too much so i dropped :p

But I'm kinda glad i did in the end, the honours teacher is really sick, and theyve had a crap guy for two months, and will have till atleast the end of february, so theyre up a certain creek with no means of propulsion :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hey guys :) long time no post :o
    Actuarial maths in ucd is my number 1 :) finally filled out the cao couple days ago, such a relief :D now just to get the points....

• Advertisement

GOD no!!! I wish I had now, my teacher made me do it last year, it was her last act in the school before she retired, but i felt it was too much so i dropped :p

But I'm kinda glad i did in the end, the honours teacher is really sick, and theyve had a crap guy for two months, and will have till atleast the end of february, so theyre up a certain creek with no means of propulsion :eek: :pac:
    Oh god :eek: I do higher level but my teacher's great, he has a Trinity degree :P The OL ones dont seem to be too spectacular though, makes me afraid to ever drop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

im hoping to do a BA in human rights in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Hope to do Science in Ucd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Hope to do Science in Ucd :D

That's what I've down as number 1! :D as of now anyways.. :pac: I'm going to the Open Day thing that's on on the 21st of this month to check it out and what not. (:

Bubbleope wrote: »
    That's what I've down as number 1! :D as of now anyways.. :pac: I'm going to the Open Day thing that's on on the 21st of this month to check it out and what not. (:
    Ahh nice *high 5* :D Oh theres another open day on the 21st? I might go to that :) Are you gonna put down the specified area (like Biology, chemistry etc..) or not?

Ahh nice *high 5* :D Oh theres another open day on the 21st? I might go to that :) Are you gonna put down the specified area (like Biology, chemistry etc..) or not?

Biology! (: DEFINITELY NOT MATHS!! :pac:
    And it's not exactly an open day. S: Well it is.. but they're not calling it that:
    link
    Definitely going to it anyways. I missed the one in November last year. ):

Biology! (: DEFINITELY NOT MATHS!! :pac:
    And it's not exactly an open day. S: Well it is.. but they're not calling it that:
    link
    Definitely going to it anyways. I missed the one in November last year. ):
    yeah im doing the same, so on the cao it would be DN200 (BBB) :D ahhh right, yeah, it would be worth it to go to that anyways :)

yeah im doing the same, so on the cao it would be DN200 (BBB) :D ahhh right, yeah, it would be worth it to go to that anyways :)
    i literally can't wait. :D:D

i literally can't wait. :D:D
    Same haha :D just need the points....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Ever had one of those nightmares where everything possible that could go wrong goes wrong while doing the LC. Like I missed my Irish exam because I was looking for the toilet which was 10 mins down the street instead of in my school...?

• Advertisement

Oh god :eek: I do higher level but my teacher's great, he has a Trinity degree :P The OL ones dont seem to be too spectacular though, makes me afraid to ever drop :pac:

Oh I think I got lucky with the teacher I got shes class :D we finished the course last year so its pretty much revision which gets totally boring, but it means i dont need to worry TOO much! welll *oooooh* :rolleyes: Trinity how fabulous :pac:

I'd just feel sorry for the HL students who drop on the day, the courses are really different :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Ever had one of those nightmares where everything possible that could go wrong goes wrong while doing the LC. Like I missed my Irish exam because I was looking for the toilet which was 10 mins down the street instead of in my school...?

I had one of those about three weeks AFTER I sat my Leaving Cert last year. :P :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I realise it's a lot to ask since everyone's so busy these days, but if anyone could, can they PM me or just tell me on this, all the need-to-know things in regards to get a D3 in pass french?
    I'm doing it alone outside school.

All I want to know really is what is the minimal amount I should know for the oral, and what topics should I learn, and what I should know for the written/aural exams also.

I don't need specific phrases, just an area that needs to be known, and I'll do the rest myself.

Starting to panic like a mawfuka :P

Please and thank you. :)

Also, I understand if no one replies. :P

Oh I think I got lucky with the teacher I got shes class :D we finished the course last year so its pretty much revision which gets totally boring, but it means i dont need to worry TOO much! welll *oooooh* :rolleyes: Trinity how fabulous :pac:

I'd just feel sorry for the HL students who drop on the day, the courses are really different :eek:
    Finished already?! :eek: We have so much left to do :pac: Poor you, doing revision :P

I dont see why someone would drop on the day, tbh that'd scare me more than the idea of failing HL! Are the courses really that different though? My sister does OL and I help her with it sometimes and its just the basic HL stuff :P

And now to figure out what grades I need to get my points! Followed by a lovely day of study. Yaaaaay.

Edit: I think I'll be seen a lot less here. I need two B2's and 4 A1's..F*ck.

Finished already?! :eek: We have so much left to do :pac: Poor you, doing revision :P

I dont see why someone would drop on the day, tbh that'd scare me more than the idea of failing HL! Are the courses really that different though? My sister does OL and I help her with it sometimes and its just the basic HL stuff :P

oohh idk, my cousin did it on the day and he said it was so simple he was worried he was doing it wrong! i dont think its the differences, i think its the fact that theres such a huge drop between higher and ordinary, sure when i dropped i did sweet fa because i had covered it all and had come just on time for the project maths! i dont know about you, but the HL students HATE project maths for so many reasons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

And now to figure out what grades I need to get my points! Followed by a lovely day of study. Yaaaaay.

Edit: I think I'll be seen a lot less here. I need two B2's and 4 A1's..F*ck.

What course are you going for? :eek:

M&S* wrote: »
    What course are you going for? :eek:

I'm not definite about any yet, but the ones I'm looking at are around 470+ so I'm looking for around 480ish. Two of my subjects are ordinary level (irish and maths) so my marks need to be really good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm not definite about any yet, but the ones I'm looking at are around 470+ so I'm looking for around 480ish. Two of my subjects are ordinary level (irish and maths) so my marks need to be really good. :(

Ah I see! Are you counting the one ordinary level subject or two? (as in most people do 7 subjects, I think? :P)
    I'm aiming for around 480 too and I've got no expectations of any A's so we can do it! :cool:

I was 40 points short of my course from adding up my results which is a bit scary but I suppose it's motivation.

• Advertisement

oohh idk, my cousin did it on the day and he said it was so simple he was worried he was doing it wrong! i dont think its the differences, i think its the fact that theres such a huge drop between higher and ordinary, sure when i dropped i did sweet fa because i had covered it all and had come just on time for the project maths! i dont know about you, but the HL students HATE project maths for so many reasons :pac:
    I dont get all the hate! It's so simplistic :eek: The people wanting to do maths in college hate it and rightfully so, they're not learning enough :P I haaaaaaaate the constructions though - 2 different ways of constructing a 9x4cm rectangle, using compasses?! It must have taken a while to complicate drawing a simple rectangle it that much :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement