Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

And now to figure out what grades I need to get my points! Followed by a lovely day of study. Yaaaaay.

Edit: I think I'll be seen a lot less here. I need two B2's and 4 A1's..F*ck.

i did that a while ago ... i need at least a b1 in maths and 4 A1s and then a b3 plus in either history or english, my weak subjects :O
    570 points :O and i have a job, no study done , just fml !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Guys, was driving with my mam. Going around the roundabout she shouts " Youre going too fast on the bridge" Nearly had to pull in laughing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What grades I need?

Like 6 C1s:D Just give me the Leaving Cert now and get it done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Cian A wrote: »
    What grades I need?

My brain could manage 6 C1s with some light work to keep you occupied, have you ever thought maybe of a brain transplant? Don't want you getting bored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

What grades I need?

Exactly the same here :)

Just after joining ''stumbleupon''. Wasting time has never been more fun :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

M&S* wrote: »
    My brain could manage 6 C1s with some light work to keep you occupied, have you ever thought maybe of a brain transplant? Don't want you getting bored!

Never bored, I still have Chuck. I've watched over 50 hours since Friday before last. THAT is my evening study routine:p

There is one incentive for me to do well though. Has anyone ever heard of the All Ireland Scholarships? They pay €6750 a year to students achieving v.high marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

M&S* wrote: »
    Ah I see! Are you counting the one ordinary level subject or two? (as in most people do 7 subjects, I think? :P)
    I'm aiming for around 480 too and I've got no expectations of any A's so we can do it! :cool:

I was 40 points short of my course from adding up my results which is a bit scary but I suppose it's motivation.

Two. I'm doing 3 pass subjects in total, but I'm not counting german. :)
    I'll actually cry if I manage to get 480!
    We'll manage alright, atleast we're not alone. :pac:

Now, off to study. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Two. I'm doing 3 pass subjects in total, but I'm not counting german. :)
    I'll actually cry if I manage to get 480!
    We'll manage alright, atleast we're not alone. :pac:

Now, off to study. :(

Ah I see! If it's really what you want and you're motivated to get it then you'll have no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Never bored, I still have Chuck. I've watched over 50 hours since Friday before last. THAT is my evening study routine:p

There is one incentive for me to do well though. Has anyone ever heard of the All Ireland Scholarships? They pay €6750 a year to students achieving v.high marks.
    ...:eek:
    how high we talkin' here? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Patchy~ wrote: »
    ...:eek:
    how high we talkin' here? :P

Its the first one mentioned here. The main criteria is a disadvantaged background and qualifying for the maintenance grant, don't think you necessarily need 600 points but they only give out 120 of them in the country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I dont get all the hate! It's so simplistic :eek: The people wanting to do maths in college hate it and rightfully so, they're not learning enough :P I haaaaaaaate the constructions though - 2 different ways of constructing a 9x4cm rectangle, using compasses?! It must have taken a while to complicate drawing a simple rectangle it that much :rolleyes:

I know its all ridiculous!! I hate it for that reason, I want SOME challenge in maths, (not higher level challenging :p) but SOOOOME!! Constructions are time consuming and tiresome, i dislike them very much :pac:

This may be just me, and not to sound pathetic, but do any of yas have moments where you're like "Fúck it I'll give up!" and then five minutes later be like "I'm motivated :D I'll study" but still do nothing? I feel like I'm veering steadily from one to the other here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hate the way all the vocabulary you get for aistes is so one-sided, just making notes for a status of Irish one and all the stuff about how the Gaelacht is being 'diluted' by newcomers and how insulting it is to go abroad and have people think you speak English is not what I think, but there's no alternative...y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

For Irish I find it a little odd that we learn SO many ways to say negative things, but hardly any for saying the positives. It's kind of off-putting even though I enjoy Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Togepi wrote: »
    For Irish I find it a little odd that we learn SO many ways to say negative things, but hardly any for saying the positives. It's kind of off-putting even though I enjoy Irish.
    Good man :D

Good man :D

:cool:

:cool:
    ah, your not a lad :o :pac: me bad :D dont be sad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Waaaaaah, trying to finally do my CAO has just made me more confused than ever. For the last few month I've been pretty much decided on having Law & French in UCC, UCD and TCD in some order as my top three, but I've just been looking at past exam papers for European Studies in Trinity and oh god I want to do it so badly

ah, your not a lad :o :pac: me bad :D dont be sad :)

Aha it's ok, no offence taken! :D

Would've been worse if you accused me of being from Dublin... :P :pac:

Aha it's ok, no offence taken! :D

Would've been worse if you accused me of being from Dublin... :P :pac:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take that back!!!! :eek: Dublin is almighty, enough said :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Studying isn't as bad as I've always made it out to be! I really shouldn't be realising this in January..

Last January in school lads! Waaaaaay! :pac:

• Advertisement

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take that back!!!! :eek: Dublin is almighty, enough said :cool:

Haha, epic reaction!! :pac: Ah I was only havin' the lolz, Dublin is soouuund. :D

Haha, epic reaction!! :pac: Ah I was only havin' the lolz, Dublin is soouuund. :D
    Ha damn right :p where art thou based?

Ha damn right :p where art thou based?

A top secret location in the Wesht. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I finally added up my Christmas results :L 375. I want 530, I've so much work to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I really wanna drop to pass Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

JUST DO IT. Best decision I ever made, I've a load of free time now. Do you need it for points?

A top secret location in the Wesht. :D
    Ahh the wesht, right :rolleyes:

Ha jaysus are you serious? What makes you say that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I can honestly say it's one of the best things I ever did! But I have an irrational hatred for the language so that might've influenced my decision slightly...

• Advertisement

Just a piece of advice (for anyone) on Irish: If you happen to hate the literature but don't mind the rest, then it's still quite easy. The poetry and prose questions are only worth 5% each, and the drama/novel is just over 6%, so if you don't bother with them, but work on the oral, aural and essay, a good grade is still achievable. :)

Obviously drop to pass if you want, but there is only a few more months so if you're counting it for points you might as well stick with it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement