Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Any letters / documents / original sources in the family that you could use to add a slight twist to your project?

Even re: why he was travelling / reactions of the family to the news?

Nobody even knew about it till I showed my sister a photo. "THAT'S THE SPITS OF MATT!" was what I got :L Having a look in the archives to see if there's anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

CTYIgirl wrote:
    Ha! I'm doing my History project on Titanic. Spent seven hours in the library yesterday
    Same, kind of! What aspect are you doing? Mine's on the second officer, charles herbert lightoller :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Same, kind of! What aspect are you doing? Mine's on the second officer, charles herbert lightoller :)

I'm focusing more on the US Inquiry, how it was different to the British.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Doing my history on child labour and housing conditions during the indistrial revolution, interesting enough. Very not prepared for the history mock :( my only chance is learning the case studies well and hoping to god one comes up for each topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

:O saw my dream debs dress... Too early to buy though :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Siobhnk wrote: »

I wanna see! :o Link!

I wanna see! :o Link!

Not sure if this link will work, I'm on my iPod :/ bit put off by the price, so I'll shop around anyways.
    http://www.coast-stores.com/GRACE-MAXI/Dresses/coast/fcp-product/2213147403

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I knew I'd regret not doing the second draft if my history project sooner, but fuuuuck. My class decided that they wanted it to count towards our pres, so I now have a week and a half to study for exams and write that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Not sure if this link will work, I'm on my iPod :/ bit put off by the price, so I'll shop around anyways.

It's purdy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Very classy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I've bought mine already :P and mine isn't even until July!

That's really nice!

Mine's not until August, so I've a few months to worry about the dress. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My mocks are next ****ing week and I've done virtually nothing...

My debs was in September! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

First a1 in history today ... :D oh things are looking up :D
    exam number today too :O

I won't be going to my debs. I've only known these people for the guts of two years and like most of them mean nothing to me, except for a few who I know I'll stay in touch with regardless. Feel like such a social outcast saying I don't want to go but there's better things I could think of spending that much money on! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

M&S* wrote: »
    I won't be going to my debs. I've only known these people for the guts of two years and like most of them mean nothing to me, except for a few who I know I'll stay in touch with regardless. Feel like such a social outcast saying I don't want to go but there's better things I could think of spending that much money on! :o

I'm thinking the same, even though I've known some of these guys since primary :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Go say hello to the new fella ... :p

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same, even though I've known some of these guys since primary :/

It's only a debs, too much of a big deal made for a load of crap! :D

@randy, I'm the only one who seemed to have that idea! Poor Timbuk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I'm not going to my debs, apart from it being a major waste of money, theres all that "oh she didnt bring a date blah de blah"

As if I give a f**k!! :rolleyes:

besides, apparently cao round one offers are the same day as mine, wtf would i be in the mood for if i dont get an offer :pac: Answer: A drink, a slab of chocolate and a dark room where i can curl up into a ball till round two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I've kind of mellowed from the whole 'I can't wait to leave and never see you people again' mindset I had at the start of the year that was making me not want to go to my debs but now I'm just confused, like it's so much money for one night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

First a1 in history today ... :D oh things are looking up :D
    exam number today too :O

Living the username...:p
    M&S* wrote: »
    I've known a lot of my year since the beginning of primary school, still don't really want to go and spend all that money for one night, will probably end up doing it just because my friends will convince me to.

In other news I think I'll be heading back to school tomorrow, catching up and doing the mocks next week are gonna be the death of me:(

Guys its the night - it only happens once! Dress up, go out, get locked, see your teachers drunk...it'll be gas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian A wrote: »
    Living the username...:p

I've known a lot of my year since the beginning of primary school, still don't really want to go and spend all that money for one night, will probably end up doing it just because my friends will convince me to.

In other news I think I'll be heading back to school tomorrow, catching up and doing the mocks next week are gonna be the death of me:(
    haw haw i do try ;) :P history is extremely difficult i'm telling you .... :P
    so your feeling better ? :) best of luck with that :P
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Guys its the night - it only happens once! Dress up, go out, get locked, see your teachers drunk...it'll be gas :)
    what would the teachers be doing at the debs ? :confused: :P

ah lads i dont know about you but i love my year so much :) cant bare the thought of leaving them :O and the way I see it this will be my only debs may aswell go and have fun :) finding the guy to bring though ....

I dunno some of ours go, the cool ones like :P

7 picture sequences to go in Irish. The effort of those yokes :eek:

I really should start studying..

Fúcked for these mocks and my mammy is stressing me out. Wah :(

I'm the same. All my mocks are in one week. ONE. WEEK. OF. MOCKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Economics mock on wednesday. YESSS!! :P
    Nah, in all honesty, im screwed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Pssh, Mocks. Sure they're not for aaaaages for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Pssh, Mocks. Sure they're not for aaaaages for me!
    I have my French listening tomorrow... EEK..

It's worth like 26% of our total Mock! :O.. I hope I do well-ishh as i'm totally shíte at the written paper! :L..

I did 7 years of Listening Papers tonight for study and on average I got 54/80 in them, so if I got that i'd be delighted!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement