Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

I have my French listening tomorrow... EEK..

It's worth like 26% of our total Mock! :O.. I hope I do well-ishh as i'm totally shíte at the written paper! :L..

I did 7 years of Listening Papers tonight for study and on average I got 54/80 in them, so if I got that i'd be delighted!
    Best of luck to you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Economics mock on wednesday. YESSS!! :P
    Nah, in all honesty, im screwed :eek:
    Economics is handy enough though!. Know your Markets, Factor, Demand & Supply, Elasticity, National Income. You'll have at least 3 full Q's out of them! And just pick a general Macro one for your last question and just have a pop at it! You should get at least half marks in the Macro one if you like Economics a small bit. For the shorts, just look at the Papers from 1996 onwards and see how much repetition there is in them! You'll do grand, and if not there's still another 4/5 months left until the Leaving! Don't sweat it!

Economics is handy enough though!. Know your Markets, Factor, Demand & Supply, Elasticity, National Income. You'll have at least 3 full Q's out of them! And just pick a general Macro one for your last question and just have a pop at it! You should get at least half marks in the Macro one if you like Economics a small bit. For the shorts, just look at the Papers from 1996 onwards and see how much repetition there is in them! You'll do grand, and if not there's still another 4/5 months left until the Leaving! Don't sweat it!
    Ahh yeah, then irish after that :D Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cian A wrote: »
    Living the username...:p

I've known a lot of my year since the beginning of primary school, still don't really want to go and spend all that money for one night, will probably end up doing it just because my friends will convince me to.

In other news I think I'll be heading back to school tomorrow, catching up and doing the mocks next week are gonna be the death of me:(
    CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm the same. All my mocks are in one week. ONE. WEEK. OF. MOCKS.
    Economics mock on wednesday. YESSS!! :P
    Nah, in all honesty, im screwed :eek:

I'm actually quite surprised that so many of ye have mocks next week too! It makes me happy :D Today instead of studying I spent about an hour making out the most unrealistic study timetable ever. It's like "Monday: All of Organic Chemistry and Unit 4 of Business, Tuesday: every Biology experiment and Plath"
    Why do I bother

I'm actually quite surprised that so many of ye have mocks next week too! It makes me happy :D Today instead of studying I spent about an hour making out the most unrealistic study timetable ever. It's like "Monday: All of Organic Chemistry and Unit 4 of Business, Tuesday: every Biology experiment and Plath"
    Why do I bother
    Because, as you said, you're Jesus, remember? :pYou died for our sins :D

• Advertisement

Nothing is impossible when you've got a crown of thorns! :cool:

Nothing is impossible when you've got a crown of thorns! :cool:
    Hahaha YES! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKk00OYKhU

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

In a way, I really want to know how badly I'll do :o

Hahahahaha that is actually brilliant! :D I started crying at 0:31 hahaha!
    Joey. wrote: »
    In a way, I really want to know how badly I'll do :o
    Same hahaha, I'd be so happy to get 300 in the mocks :)

Hahahahaha that is actually brilliant! :D I started crying at 0:31 hahaha!
    Haha yeah, somehow, I need to see that musical :D Loved the bit with Shrek in it haha :):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Right this homework must stop, didn't get home from training til 6pm, ate and showered til around 7.. Homework until like just there, only stopped because I don't get much on a Tuesday night and will have to do loads tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lads I need to buy Pro Plus or something tomorrow. I was doing French while ago and I ended up falling asleep for half an hour like sprawled all over my books, that's not normal

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Something to take everyone's mind off the mocks:

FENTON!

:pac:

Something to take everyone's mind off the mocks:

FENTON!

:pac:
    Oh, Jesus Christ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Oh, Jesus Christ! :eek:

Makes me cry tears of laughter every single time. :P

Makes me cry tears of laughter every single time. :P
    Haha its brilliant, reminds me of David Norris :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Laaads! For the last while I've been thinking I'd quit Boards from now until after the mocks. Having second thoughts now though! :eek:

*Deep breaths* :o

Okay, I'm gonna do it. Wish me luck! :D All going well I won't be back 'til mid-February... Oh and good luck to everyone doing their mocks, don't worry about them! :)

"I ndiaidh a chéile a thógtar na caisleain..." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Good luck topegi!

Had my Irish aural today. I can't understand the Donegal dialect :(. Have my French one tomorrow and my ag science mock Thursday... Which gives me 2 evenings to practically learn the whole course :/

Good luck Togepi, see ya soon! :)

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Good luck topegi!

Had my Irish aural today. I can't understand the Donegal dialect :(. Have my French one tomorrow and my ag science mock Thursday... Which gives me 2 evenings to practically learn the whole course :/

I can't understand any dialect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My teacher's from Armagh and my JC teacher was from here in Dublin so I'm used to it all but I have a mix of dialects myself now :o

Key things to remember is "bhfaighfidh" is "wee"!! :P And mná is mrá and cnoc is croc and gnáth is gra :P

• Advertisement

My "dialect" is a mix of Tipperary, Donegal, Kerry and god knows where else :o In 2nd year this one from the Aran Islands taught us Irish for a few weeks, she may as well have been speaking Czech. I feel bad for whoever gets stuck examining me for the orals, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

In a few weeks will the CAO release what sectors their has been an increase and decrease in applications in?E.g computer science,accounting etc :pac:

My "dialect" is a mix of Tipperary, Donegal, Kerry and god knows where else :o In 2nd year this one from the Aran Islands taught us Irish for a few weeks, she may as well have been speaking Czech. I feel bad for whoever gets stuck examining me for the orals, I really do.

Eh what are you on about, Connemara Irish is the best dialect. All the rest are **** and fake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Good luck Togepi :)
    i'm exact same :P haha i've never been to gaeltachts but so many different teachers with different dialects has left myself with a random mix of dialects !!
    oh joey happy mary ward week :P ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Gaeilge na Mumhan tbh (I'm 53% sure that's right...)

Had this heartbreaking moment today when I looked at the history at the exams and the three essays I know perfectly for Dictatorship and Democracy came up in 2011. Y U DO THIS TO ME SEC

Eh what are you on about, Connemara Irish is the best dialect. All the rest are **** and fake!
    If it's not Munster Irish then chances are I won't understand it, but it was the quarest accent I've heard :pac: Might just've been her though, she was strange in general.
    Good luck Togepi :)

i'm exact same :P haha i've never been to gaeltachts but so many different teachers with different dialects has left myself with a random mix of dialects !!
    oh joey happy mary ward week :P ;)

I think I had 3 Irish teachers in 2nd year alone :eek:
    Happy Mary Ward week :D Is it me or is this the first time it hasn't been 100 years of something? I swear it's been her anniversary every year since first year 'til now.

I think I had 3 Irish teachers in 2nd year alone :eek:
    Happy Mary Ward week :D Is it me or is this the first time it hasn't been 100 years of something? I swear it's been her anniversary every year since first year 'til now.
    haha :D i know !!! she's been sidelined in our school this year because its also health week , she was barely even mentioned like :L haha poor mary :(
    health week is cool though, forth years came into classes and they gave us breakfast this morning :) and we have a happy thought of the day on the intercom , which is priceless :L haha 6th years are the only year who have been scheudeled a mental health talk and all the teachers are like " we really think ye need it , like really" :P haha they all think we are crazy but its true... like congo tuesdays and at least one girl a day has a breakdown :eek:

haha :D i know !!! she's been sidelined in our school this year because its also health week , she was barely even mentioned like :L haha poor mary :(
    health week is cool though, forth years came into classes and they gave us breakfast this morning :) and we have a happy thought of the day on the intercom , which is priceless :L haha 6th years are the only year who have been scheudeled a mental health talk and all the teachers are like " we really think ye need it , like really" :P haha they all think we are crazy but its true... like congo tuesdays and at least one girl a day has a breakdown :eek:

Not wanting to freak you out or anything like, buuuuuuuuuut I think your Loreto and my Loreto might be the same Loreto
    The granola cereal thingy exploded in my bag :(

Not wanting to freak you out or anything like, buuuuuuuuuut I think your Loreto and my Loreto might be the same Loreto

i thought we werent :O ................ :O

• Advertisement

i thought we werent :O ................ :O

Well isn't this an interesting twist :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement