Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Something like that happened in my town a few months ago (old man assaulted, homes broken in to) and it's not a massive town, like. Since there's not that many people, chances are whoever did it will be caught soon enough!
    M&S* wrote: »
    I know how you feel someone was shot up the road from where I live a few weeks ago. Scary stuff!
    It's ****ing weird, hopefully the guy'll be caught soon. I'll probably be questioned as it was a pub owner who lived above the pub, and I was in that pub last night.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Are you on about me and the laptop?:confused:

I've decided I don't like boards on the laptop, too confusing:confused: the ipod version is much easier :L:p:pac:

Yeah I was, I had to edit in a quote cause I knew it'd cause confusion xD are you serious? i hate the ipod version of boards :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

It's ****ing weird, hopefully the guy'll be caught soon. I'll probably be questioned as it was a pub owner who lived above the pub, and I was in that pub last night.

Good luck with the questioning.

Yeah I was, I had to edit in a quote cause I knew it'd cause confusion xD are you serious? i hate the ipod version of boards :/

Yeah, well I suppose it's all I'm used to! I joined on the iPod :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I know how you feel someone was shot up the road from where I live a few weeks ago. Scary stuff!
    I think I know where you live now o_O

• Advertisement

Good luck with the questioning.

Thanks! Forensics are there now. he was tied up and beaten to death. poor guy :/

Thanks! Forensics are there now. he was tied up and beaten to death. poor guy :/

Oh Christ :/ Poor lad. Have they any idea who it is? Hope they're caught soon..!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Bit behind on the conversation, but whatevs
    Ah I feel so out of it because I'm not from cork :( :L
    You're not alone, I'm like an outsider in my own family because I'm the only one not from Cork! :p
    Misfits is back in October! :D
    Lovelovelove! Not long now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Namlub wrote: »
    I think I know where you live now o_O

Probably, there hasn't been much shootings around that I know of? Call in for tea if you're nearby!

Joey. wrote: »
    You're not alone, I'm like an outsider in my own family because I'm the only one not from Cork! :p

Haha same, half of my family lives in Offaly, such loners when we visit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

French oral in 20 min on skype lads anyone who is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

Chuchoter wrote: »
    French oral in 20 min on skype lads anyone who is interested?

im confused what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056391641

PM me your skype name and you can come too! It'll be the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Yeah last weekend was hectic with all the work. I have a day off tomorrow though so I left all the work to do then. Probably a bad idea but I've had a class weekend so I don't care :P
    A day off tomorrow? :O Wow...lucky you! :/ Wish I had one!
    jenny18 wrote: »
    they should have a thread just for repeats just so we can whine about the ridiculous amount of extra work we have. why are you repeating?

They so should! :P I'm repeating for med- missed out by a good few points this year so ya, back to school. Why are you repeating?
    Random question but has anyone else seen the inbetweeners movie? I think I was the last person in the country to see it :P (saw it last night). Funny, but not as good as the series :rolleyes:

I haven't seen it yet! :P Might do so during the mid-term or something. :/

Is anyone here doing phys-chem? I'm half considering dropping honours irish and picking that up since I'm already doing chemistry. I think it's too late though :/

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    A day off tomorrow? :O Wow...lucky you! :/ Wish I had one!

Haha the joys of going to a convent, mercy day... So that means a day off for us! :D :P

Is anyone here doing phys-chem? I'm half considering dropping honours irish and picking that up since I'm already doing chemistry. I think it's too late though :/

Watch out for that one if you want to do a science degree and count it as your 2nd science subject (in the case of TCD, which needs 2) they don't count chemistry & phys-chem for matriculation purposes. You can count it for points but not as your 2nd science subject, if ya get me?

Haha the joys of going to a convent, mercy day... So that means a day off for us! :D :P

Aw class! Enjoy your day off! :D
    Mst go to school tomorrow myself...took a day off Friday..have the flu! :(

[QUOTE=cocopopsxx;)They so should! :P I'm repeating for med- missed out by a good few points this year so ya, back to school. Why are you repeating?

med as well got 430 and 179 in hpat had a bad day during the pres and failed both exams on that day maths and phys/chem ended up d2 b3 but after pres just gave up cause i got like 260 points wasn't even sure id do med till i got hpat results screamed the house down at 5 am just need 95 more points in leaving which i hope i can do

Aw class! Enjoy your day off! :D
    Mst go to school tomorrow myself...took a day off Friday..have the flu! :(

Haha well it's full of homework but I don't mind :P
    Yeah I had to take 2 days off 2 weeks ago, I had the flu/bug thing going around too :( get well soon! :)

• Advertisement

They so should! :P I'm repeating for med- missed out by a good few points this year so ya, back to school. Why are you repeating :/

med as well got 430 and 179 in hpat had a bad day during the pres and failed both exams on that day maths and phys/chem ended up d2 b3 but after pres just gave up cause i got like 260 points wasn't even sure id do med till i got hpat results screamed the house down at 5 am just need 95 more points in leaving which i hope i can do. only second person in my school to go for medicine in 15 years and other person repeated so don't feel to bad.

med as well got 430 and 179 in hpat had a bad day during the pres and failed both exams on that day maths and phys/chem ended up d2 b3 but after pres just gave up cause i got like 260 points wasn't even sure id do med till i got hpat results screamed the house down at 5 am just need 95 more points in leaving which i hope i can do. only second person in my school to go for medicine in 15 years and other person repeated so don't feel to bad.

Omg we got the same total as I got 440 and 169 in the hpat! Tbh, I never expected to get this in the leaving, I was hoping for 500+, everyone expected that of me too, but things went wrong somewhere. :( I still haven't told my points to anyone except my family, it's too embarrassing cos everyone kind of assumed that I'd do well! I know I can do it, so gonna work really hard this year. I was very enthusiastic at the start of the year last year but by the end of it, I just wore myself out, kind of gave up and didn't put in all the work and got sick on the morning of many exams and yeah, but it was all my fault and I am paying for it now! :P I just hope I'll do better, wayyy better this year! Good luck btw, I'm sure if we put in all the work, we'll be able to get it. :) I'm sure you'll be able to get those extra points. :) Omg really, you're only the second person in 15 years? That's great, and ya, there's nothing to feel bad about, many people repeat for competitive courses like these. Half of my school is going for med. :/
    Haha well it's full of homework but I don't mind :P
    Yeah I had to take 2 days off 2 weeks ago, I had the flu/bug thing going around too :( get well soon! :)

Aw you did too? Hope you're well now. :)
    Thanks hun. :)

yep love it such an easy subject if ul put the work in 50 percent definitions a little basic maths i got a b3 in it last year a1 chemistry c3 physics basically everything that comes up you'll have seen in the exam papers especially the chemistry half do qs 1,3,6,7,8,9,12

Aw you did too? Hope you're well now. :)
    Thanks hun. :)

Ah I'm grand now, just hard to shake off the cold!! Take in lots of vitamin c! :)

Ah I'm grand now, just hard to shake off the cold!! Take in lots of vitamin c! :)
    That's great! :D
    Haha, that's what my mom keeps telling me too! :P

Omg we got the same total as I got 440 and 169 in the hpat! Tbh, I never expected to get this in the leaving, I was hoping for 500+, everyone expected that of me too, but things went wrong somewhere. :( I still haven't told my points to anyone except my family, it's too embarrassing cos everyone kind of assumed that I'd do well! I know I can do it, so gonna work really hard this year. I was very enthusiastic at the start of the year last year but by the end of it, I just wore myself out, kind of gave up and didn't put in all the work and got sick on the morning of many exams and yeah, but it was all my fault and I am paying for it now! :P I just hope I'll do better, wayyy better this year! Good luck btw, I'm sure if we put in all the work, we'll be able to get it. :) I'm sure you'll be able to get those extra points. :) Omg really, you're only the second person in 15 years? That's great, and ya, there's nothing to feel bad about, many people repeat for competitive courses like these. Half of my school is going for med. :

are you going to the sem by any chance another school near me and like everyone does medicine. ye im the same was up at 6 am bed at 3 am study none stop hence i reacted so bad to the pres know i can do way better my year all did crap highest was 515 second highest 490 100 in my year. at least with the extra 25 for maths good luck you to. are you a girl r boy just wondering every other repeat seems to be a boy except me

That's great! ;D
    Haha, that's what my mom keeps telling me too! :P

Haha nothing like an Irish mammy to take care of ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Probably, there hasn't been much shootings around that I know of? Call in for tea if you're nearby!
    Nah it doesn't happen that much really. Some guy got shot right behind my house a few years ago actually though...we live in some dodgy areas baii 2k11

I'm only ever nearby on my way to Crosshaven tbh. If you to to the community school, the principal's my uncle :P

are you going to the sem by any chance another school near me and like everyone does medicine. ye im the same was up at 6 am bed at 3 am study none stop hence i reacted so bad to the pres know i can do way better my year all did crap highest was 515 second highest 490 100 in my year. at least with the extra 25 for maths good luck you to. are you a girl r boy just wondering every other repeat seems to be a boy except me

No I don't go there but I go to a private school in cork. Really? Many people in my school did well, 2 got 600! :P And around 8 people got med, so I'm back to that same school cos the teachers and everyone were really good, it was just me who didn't work hard enough. :P Oh ya, the extra 25 points for maths, that's a great thing, but I hate project maths!Haha, I'm a girl. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Namlub wrote: »
    Nah it doesn't happen that much really. Some guy got shot right behind my house a few years ago actually though...we live in some dodgy areas baii 2k11

I'm only ever nearby on my way to Crosshaven tbh. If you to to the community school, the principal's my uncle :P
    I'll be googling shootings in Cork now to find out your location :p

Ah I see! Haha seriously? Aw the poor man is tormented by my year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement