Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    No I don't go there but I go to a private school in cork. Really? Many people in my school did well, 2 got 600! :P And around 8 people got med, so I'm back to that same school cos the teachers and everyone were really good, it was just me who didn't work hard enough. :P Oh ya, the extra 25 points for maths, that's a great thing, but I hate project maths!Haha, I'm a girl. :)

yeah there's another girl. most of the teachers in my school are class but its one of the disadvantaged schools there where people coming in after lunch drunk and high like only bad teacher is my new maths one last years gave us classes at lunch extra tests classes after school was deadly was the biggest honors maths class ever in my school this years teacher is the here do this if you fail its your fault had him for the physics part of phys chem and no one got higher than a c in his class and half the class failed it in the leaving. but im doing it at home this year so see how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Haha the joys of going to a convent, mercy day... So that means a day off for us! :D :P
    Oi, I go to a convent! Where's my day off! :mad: I've a home ec test, double english and double german, so a Monday of would be pretty nice. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

jenny18 wrote: »
    yeah there's another girl. most of the teachers in my school are class but its one of the disadvantaged schools there where people coming in after lunch drunk and high like only bad teacher is my new maths one last years gave us classes at lunch extra tests classes after school was deadly was the biggest honors maths class ever in my school this years teacher is the here do this if you fail its your fault had him for the physics part of phys chem and no one got higher than a c in his class and half the class failed it in the leaving. but im doing it at home this year so see how i get on

Ah that sounds terrible! Had a teacher like that in one of my old schools...not good at all! You're doing it at home? Wow, that's great but I wouldn't be able to do it tbh. You must be one determined girl! :) How is it going for you so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Oi, I go to a convent! Where's my day off! :mad: I've a home ec test, double english and double german, so a Monday of would be pretty nice. :p
    I go to a Convent too... Something funny is going on.. Try Double Maths 1st and 2nd class tomorrow morning.. Starting off all the Construction/geometry stuff so that should be fun.. :/

I go to a Convent too... Something funny is going on.. Try Double Maths 1st and 2nd class tomorrow morning.. Starting off all the Construction/geometry stuff so that should be fun.. :/

......oh I'd hate to be in your place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Hmm.. Are ye under that CEIST group? That could be it. Or did ye get a day off last week? Cause we had mass last week and they said it was mercy day?

I've double maths first thing on Fridays. :( Honours or pass? If you're doing higher then f your life. :P
    Hmm.. Are ye under that CEIST group? That could be it. Or did ye get a day off last week? Cause we had mass last week and they said it was mercy day?
    Yup we're in that CEIST thing. Had a mass last week but no day off..

We've no Easter hols this year either..

Looked it up there, Mercy Day was yesterday so they mightn't give you the day? :( WHAAAAAAT?! No Easter hols? Can I ask why?! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've double maths first thing on Fridays. :( Honours or pass? If you're doing higher then f your life. :P

Yep we're under CEIST. No mass or that however...

Eh what's this about no Easter holidays? :O.. say it ain't so..

I'd say it's just my school, but they're cutting our easter hols 'cause they think we're going to miss loads of school if it snows. Even if it doesn't snow this year (which it will) we still won't get the hols 'cause we missed like 3 weeks last year. IT SUCKS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

A school here has tomorrow off because it's tarmac day :pac:
    And double maths? Seriously??

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Ah that sounds terrible! Had a teacher like that in one of my old schools...not good at all! You're doing it at home? Wow, that's great but I wouldn't be able to do it tbh. You must be one determined girl! :) How is it going for you so far?

my old maths teacher put it as stubborn i wasn't really fit for honors as im one of those people who can look at some maths stuff and just know the answer but cant write it down so i sat down and did every single sum in the green and blue book last year and got a d2 which im proud of seeing as only 5 people got higher than me in my year. ye got an a1 in chemistry half just hated the teacher and didn't do the work in physics but i like me so should be fine :) did business at home for the crac last year doing it in school this year. i have a tendency to change subjects a lot did geography in 5th and switched to french in 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My English essay took me 3 hours! :O Feckin' hell... Is 3.75 A4s enough for the poetry essays?

My English essay took me 3 hours! :O Feckin' hell... Is 3.75 A4s enough for the poetry essays?
    nope sorry well if your doing ordinary mayby but honours you need 5 pages minimum im doing a plath one at the minute 1 page down

nope sorry well if your doing ordinary mayby but honours you need 5 pages minimum im doing a plath one at the minute 1 page down
    In all fairness, 5 pages minimum is definitely a bit much

In all fairness, 5 pages minimum is definitely a bit much

well if you want more than a d in honors thats what the chief examiner says my teachers on the examination board and talks none stop about how long they all have to be unseen 1.5 poet 5 hamlet 6-7 comparitive 7

well if you want more than a d in honors thats what the chief examiner says my teachers on the examination board and talks none stop about how long they all have to be unseen 1.5 poet 5 hamlet 6-7 comparitive 7

With all due respect, absolute bull. I go to a very small school and my teacher had pass English last year but there were 6 A1s in her honours class of 2010 out of 14. She says 1.5 for unseen, 3.5-4 for poetry and 5.5-6 for comparative.

With all due respect, absolute bull. I go to a very small school and my teacher had pass English last year but there were 6 A1s in her honours class of 2010 out of 14. She says 1.5 for unseen, 3.5-4 for poetry and 5.5-6 for comparative.

ok then if thats what your teacher says then do that i just read your post which asked if 3.75 was long enough and presumed your teacher hadn't given a specification im a repeat got a c2 last year 31 in my class 4 a1s 7 a2s 10 b1s 6 b2s 4 b3s lowest was a c3 if you knew how long it should be then why ask?

ok then if thats what your teacher says then do that i just read your post which asked if 3.75 was long enough and presumed your teacher hadn't given a specification im a repeat got a c2 last year 31 in my class 4 a1s 7 a2s 10 b1s 6 b2s 4 b3s lowest was a c3 if you knew how long it should be then why ask?

I wanted to see what other people were writing but 5 pages minimum per essay has to be too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

3.75 is fine! As long as you have the info down thats what matters. My english teacher has had students get 400/400 marks on their English exam so I think he'd know what hes talking about :P We just write 3 or 4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

I'm lucky this year. I've a really good teacher 'cause my old english teacher's gone to teach geography. (god help those geog students..)
    That's pretty bad though, what else did ye do last year? All 3 texts of your comparative?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just Casablanca and half of how may miles to babylon.. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like she's going anywhere soon :( I hope she's pregnant :pac:

(ps I have no idea how to quote!) :L

I have a day off today too :D

Not sure why though? I am in a convent school (Siobhnk :D ) but I don't think it's a mercy day thingy. You're not allowed days off for staff meetings anymore as well (croke park agreement or else I've just made that up :p ) Shady shady... our school having an illegal day off? :p Probably not.. but who knows?

(I'm in the same school as Siobhnk btw :p )

I have a day off today too :D

Not sure why though? I am in a convent school (Siobhnk :D ) but I don't think it's a mercy day thingy. You're not allowed days off for staff meetings anymore as well (croke park agreement or else I've just made that up :p ) Shady shady... our school having an illegal day off? :p Probably not.. but who knows?

(I'm in the same school as Siobhnk btw :p )

But babes they said it was for mercy day? :confused: :P Mleh our school just takes any days available off though... 'There's a day dedicated to "insert dedication here"? LETS TAKE THE DAY OFF!!!'
    We went back early though, to accommodate future snow days.

We went back early though, to accommodate future snow days.
    I'm starting to hate snow.

Lads, I'm knackered. :( How are we meant to study if they keep giving us hours of homework? :mad:

I'm starting to hate snow.

Lads, I'm knackered. :( How are we meant to study if they keep giving us hours of homework? :mad:

Ha join the club. It's supposed to be as bad this year... So that means no 18th party for me because no one will be able to go anywhere :rolleyes:

Haha I know what you mean about that :( plus I'm shattered before I even start the homework!!!

Ha join the club. It's supposed to be as bad this year... So that means no 18th party for me because no one will be able to go anywhere :rolleyes:

Haha I know what you mean about that :( plus I'm shattered before I even start the homework!!!
    No 18th for me 'cause everyone'll be gone off to college. :p

Oh stop, I'm ready for my bed now! :( Guess I better start my maths. I'm not able!

I'll walk around the corner and we'll cry together over our desperately sad lives and then have a binge sesh of cake to relieve the stress ;) Sounds like an amazing 18th to me :p

You need to have a berocca (amazing stuff :p )

No 18th for me 'cause everyone'll be gone off to college. :p

Oh stop, I'm ready for my bed now! :( Guess I better start my maths. I'm not able!

Haha nice! Ah god I'm always like that, if I could marry my bed I would! :P ugh maths is a killer!! You in honours or pass?
    I'll walk around the corner and we'll cry together over our desperately sad lives and then have a binge sesh of cake to relieve the stress ;) Sounds like an amazing 18th to me :p

You need to have a berocca (amazing stuff :p )

Ew I had it before and I couldn't finish it, tasted disgusting. Mam then said to make it into a shot... That didn't work either :/ I've tried the orange one and the exotic one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

M&S* wrote: »
    That's 5 so! 6 actually I think I recall another Cork person here too! Leaving cert 2012 meet up in Cork? :p

Gotta be done :pac:

Ugh such a killer of a day today. In at 20 past 8 with a raging headache and sick out for (one of two) of my least favourite classes maths (Pass, it's easy but the teacher..:mad: ) had religion and slept through the entire thing and then fighting sleep and me head for the rest of the day. Just finished my homework having come straight in from school and now and Irish grind at 7:(

Nevermind the weekend, Wednesday will come as welcome relief at this stage! :P

• Advertisement

I'm absolutely knackered. :(
    I know it's quite early to say this but I can't wait to finish the LC again! :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement