Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

This sounds so selfish, but I love seeing people saying they did ****, it makes me feel so better knowing I'm not the only one!

Glad I can provide the service :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

MIDTERRRRRRRM!! :D My worst subject was probably my best exam...which isn't good. Times are tough :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Physics was an absolute disaster :'(

Same for me.Thought I was prepared for it.Got out the 3 experiment questions no problem but then I turned the page and the disaster unfolded. I will be lucky if I pass.

Chavways wrote: »
    .Got out the 3 experiment questions no problem but then I turned the page and the disaster unfolded.
    THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Everything went so badly, didn't even get it done, only finished 6/8 questions and got most of what I wrote wrong, got most calculations wrong.

If I get less than A b3 which seems likely it will be majorly embarrassing as I got the best mark (98%) at christmas and asked this morning to do a physics olympiad. It looks like my non-study luck has run out.

Accounting tomorrow, not one of my stronger subjects either!

• Advertisement

Cian A wrote: »
    Everything went so badly, didn't even get it done, only finished 6/8 questions and got most of what I wrote wrong, got most calculations wrong.

If I get less than A b3 which seems likely it will be majorly embarrassing as I got the best mark (98%) at christmas and asked this morning to do a physics olympiad. It looks like my non-study luck has run out.

If you get the same test as me you will fly through it.It saw simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Okay I know that good and bad are subjective to everyone and all that but... :rolleyes:
    I was saying to my friends yesterday that it'd be great if I got an F in Chemistry and not an NG.

Okay I know that good and bad are subjective to everyone and all that but... :rolleyes:
    I was saying to my friends yesterday that it'd be great if I got an F in Chemistry and not an NG.
    That's what I said about Physics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I meant to say this the other day, but Jesus I'm having awful trouble with timing in my exams!

I never got my comparative even started in English.
    I had no time to do 4 30m questions in Geography.
    I had no time to do a full question and a half in Home Ec.
    And I had to leave out a poem in Irish.

Like obv this is not in any way good! Anyone else having timing problems? I write slow anyway I just can't seem to speed up.

Manic2 wrote: »
    I meant to say this the other day, but Jesus I'm having awful trouble with timing in my exams!

I never got my comparative even started in English.
    I had no time to do 4 30m questions in Geography.
    I had no time to do a full question and a half in Home Ec.
    And I had to leave out a poem in Irish.

Like obv this is not in any way good! Anyone else having timing problems? I write slow anyway I just can't seem to speed up.

Just give yerself a certain amount of time. Getting 5 markks less in one question and 10 by starting a new question! Don't worry though, that's what Pre's are all about :)

• Advertisement

Just give yerself a certain amount of time. Getting 5 markks less in one question and 10 by starting a new question! Don't worry though, that's what Pre's are all about :)

Yeah but I don't know how I'm gonna jump from 12 A4 pages in Eng P2 to 18 pages! I just can't write fast or my hand cramps and I'll end up being slower. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I was asked about the physics olympiad too, and I think he's going to withdraw the offer when he sees my test. :L It's tomorrow and I'm dreading it. You're not the only one in that situation!
    Maths too actually...I'm more worried about the shame of not getting an A than my actual leaving cert. :P

OK I know how it sounds when I say it's bad to get a C, I appreciate that. But I'm just saying it's bad for me and my usual standards, I'm really not trying to make generalised statements, sorry if I sound obnoxious!:pac:

Manic2 wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't know how I'm gonna jump from 12 A4 pages in Eng P2 to 18 pages! I just can't write fast or my hand cramps and I'll end up being slower. :/

12 pages should be almost enough for the entire paper, I only wrote 12, admittedly would have liked to write 1 or 2 more on my Hamlet question(only got 3 done) but it's more about quality than quantity and that's a fact. How many words do you write per line? Some people boast about how much more they wrote but write 6-7 per line where I'm about 8-9 per line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

OK I know how it sounds when I say it's bad to get a C, I appreciate that. But I'm just saying it's bad for me and my usual standards, I'm really not trying to make generalised statements, sorry if I sound obnoxious!:pac:

You say these things but you always go on about having not to study and stuff? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I quoted kanye west in my hamlet question.. Dear god what has become of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

12 pages should be almost enough for the entire paper, I only wrote 12, admittedly would have liked to write 1 or 2 more on my Hamlet question(only got 3 done) but it's more about quality than quantity and that's a fact. How many words do you write per line? Some people boast about how much more they wrote but write 6-7 per line where I'm about 8-9 per line.

It scares me when people say they wrote about 15 pages, I wrote 9 I think but I average 12 words per line...or people asking for seemingly endless amounts of paper in the exam.

I wrote almost 17 pages for Paper 2 with around 9 words per line and I still felt I didn't write enough for the comparitive.
    ! I just can't write fast or my hand cramps and I'll end up being slower

Pain goes out the window when you have to get it done.That 3 hours of suffering could prevent an awful lot more if you have to repeat or dont get enough points.

Haha you don't, as I said good/bad is subjective to the person! I agree with M&S though, I don't see how's it's possible to get even 70% on an exam that's on material from the past two years that you haven't studied, I guess most of us are just unlucky :mad:

Don't feel bad about English. I wrote 10 pages at around 8 words per line, hadn't studied and knew nothing for the comparative in particular. I did a bit of a comparative essay but then I realised I didn't know any more so I made my writing look really rushed and messy and stopped abruptly and then told my teacher I ran out of time.

• Advertisement

I write about 9 per line, but I wrote 5 pages for both Hamlet and the poetry so I dunno! I just can't see myself getting another 6 pages squeezed out! :/

Haha you don't, as I said good/bad is subjective to the person! I agree with M&S though, I don't see how's it's possible to get even 70% on an exam that's on material from the past two years that you haven't studied, I guess most of us are just unlucky :mad:

Exactly. I don't know I guess it's just a natural ability. Great sportspeople can often go and play another sport with little practice and just be amazing at it anyway.

Exactly. I don't know I guess it's just a natural ability. Great sportspeople can often go and play another sport with little practice and just be amazing at it anyway.

Seriously lad, throw away the shovel :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lolling :pac:

French was lovely, but I knew there was gonna be one exam that just went wrong and history was it. Completely lost the will to live halfway through to the point where my history teacher came over and told me I looked wrecked and to remind me that's it's only the pres, I said that Mussolini signed the Lateran Treaty with Pope Judas the Second and my third 'essay' ended up being random words on a page. fml. Finished though \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I don't mean to brag (well, that may be a fortunate consequence), but I've won the 'Academic Prize' in English every year since 1st Year (best combined result in the two big exams) and I've never written more than 4 and a bit pages for any question. That old adage - quality not quantity - is so true, and so many LC students seem to miss that with regard to the English exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

**** it, gonna post it here caus the mocks thread has gone mental! Did my French listening today, wasn't too bad, easier than Christmas! Got 80 in my oral as well so can't complain :) Any of ye do yer listening?
    Can you tell me what came up please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sigmund Freud's Oedipus Complex

Can you tell me what came up please? :)
    Clicky!

Seriously lad, throw away the shovel :p

Stop hating me, I just wanna fit in:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ihatemocks