Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Midwifery :) or General Nursing if I don't get that.

Fair play! Yeah we did ours last year, but we're just tweaking them now before we write them in. Mine need a lot of tweaking.... :(
    My cousin is a nurse! She used to be a midwife too, but she change for some reason. She's the most amazing woman ever! Good luck! ^-^

Oh god, I wish we had done ours properly last year. :( Did you do it for the JC?
    You cutie :)

Nice I wanted to do Nursing for a while! Well I wanna study languages so Arts, but I'll get no jobs outta that so I'm gonna put down Primary Teaching :) And failing the points for that, Biopharmaceutical Chemistry
    Ah stop. :pac:

I wanted to do primary teaching for aaaages! Then I remembered I do pass Irish. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

You cutie :)

Nice I wanted to do Nursing for a while! Well I wanna study languages so Arts, but I'll get no jobs outta that so I'm gonna put down Primary Teaching :) And failing the points for that, Biopharmaceutical Chemistry

Primary teaching! Where do you want to go for that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My cousin is a nurse! She used to be a midwife too, but she change for some reason. She's the most amazing woman ever! Good luck! ^-^

Oh god, I wish we had done ours properly last year. :( Did you do it for the JC?

Haha thanks :) I did indeed! Did you?

Haha thanks :) I did indeed! Did you?
    No, I had to be awkward and take it up this year. It's not that obvious anymore, but half our class didn't do it for the JC. We still struggle with the basics though, like balancing meals and the like. Like the menus we have to suggest for the obesity and elderly journals? Not a clue! and our teacher refuses to help us with it 'cause we should "know how to do it if you want to do higher level." :(

No, I had to be awkward and take it up this year. It's not that obvious anymore, but half our class didn't do it for the JC. We still struggle with the basics though, like balancing meals and the like. Like the menus we have to suggest for the obesity and elderly journals? Not a clue! and our teacher refuses to help us with it 'cause we should "know how to do it if you want to do higher level." :(

Oh god :/ the Internet really is your best friend with these assignments!!

• Advertisement

Oh god :/ the Internet really is your best friend with these assignments!!
    Is it just my imagination or do you need a book source or two? I'm pretty sure our teacher told us that..

Is it just my imagination or do you need a book source or two? I'm pretty sure our teacher told us that..

Yeah it's best to have 3 sources on each assignment.

Yeah it's best to have 3 sources on each assignment.
    I'm just not able for this. :( Whoever's idea these were should be shot!

I'm just not able for this. :( Whoever's idea these were should be shot!

And we have less time in the exam because of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

'My own thread" superboardie pfft:pac:
    Pahaha, I am your superior >: D

Nah though, I'm not a superboardie by any means, sure I don't even have 800 posts :P
    Oh cool! Where dya want to do that? :)
    Mary I, doubt I'd be able to afford accom in Dublin!

Ah stop. :pac:

I wanted to do primary teaching for aaaages! Then I remembered I do pass Irish. :P
    Haha, the thought of doing primary teaching is the only thing keeping me in honours! That and me not wanting to give my whore of a teacher the satisfaction of moving to pass :rolleyes:
    M&S* wrote: »
    Primary teaching! Where do you want to go for that? :D
    Mary I, doubt I'd be able to afford accom in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I suggesta meetup at one of the Dublin open days as I don't think any of my friends are going and I don't want to be alone it would be fun.

Lads, I need a day off like. Weekends don't count...

Namlub wrote: »
    I suggesta meetup at one of the Dublin open days as I don't think any of my friends are going and I don't want to be alone it would be fun.

Lads, I need a day off like. Weekends don't count...

Namlub, I would love to meet up with you at a Dublin open day man woman! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Namlub, I would love to meet up with you at a Dublin open day man woman! :D

Yus, you need to see my raging femininity for yourself <_<

Cork tbh!

Lies, you have a masculine username, you were messing with our minds, you FREAK >:O

I wish I could just stay at home with my tea and biscuits :(

Can I just like, take a week off without missing anything in school? Please?
    Can't 6th year be like, a total revision year? :(
    We should do work in TY and have the courses done by the end of 5th year, and have sixth as a revision year.
    It's suck, but we'd have all the work done by now!

I hate project maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Here for all the Corkies, how does any Wednesday (pretty much) suit ye all? :pac:

I'm from Cork too!!

Anybody interested in food science and anything along that line in UCC or midwifery or even Home Ec teaching in Sligo??

We went to the careers expo in 4th and 5th year and we're not going this year :eek: Therefore, I have sent emails to all the colleges asking them to send me prospectuses! It's great! Although, I think the postman is getting a bit annoyed that so many parcels won't fit through my postbox! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I used to think you were a boy but now I see the pink avatar and I'm like what was I on? :P

Meetup at dublin open day sounds superb to me!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

When I came to Maths class and I saw people solving equations (and the likes) - I thought to my self 'ah seriously now, what the f*ck???' :(

So yeah, Maths is fun...

PS: How'ye! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I'm from Cork too!!
    Fancy joining myself and M&S* so?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Hey! :)
    Lads, what poets are ye doing for English (HL)?
    I'm repeating and I think I might start making some notes on some of 'em now... I don't particuarly like poetry! I will have to wait till thursday to ask my teacher what ones she'll be doing but is there any poet which almost everyone is doing? :L

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Hey! :)
    Lads, what poets are ye doing for English (HL)?
    I'm repeating and I think I might start making some notes on some of 'em now... I don't particuarly like poetry! I will have to wait till thursday to ask my teacher what ones she'll be doing but is there any poet which almost everyone is doing? :L

I'm repeating too so I'm sticking with the four I've already done - Rich, Boland, Frost and Kavanagh - and I'll be doing Plath and Heaney too.

I miss Dickinson... :(

Sarah? wrote: »
    I'm repeating too so I'm sticking with the four I've already done - Rich, Boland, Frost and Kavanagh - and I'll be doing Plath and Heaney too.

I miss Dickinson... :(

Ya, I was thinking of sticking with the old ones too but I didn't do Kavanagh last year so will need a few from this year too. :L Same,I think I'll do Heaney too but can't decide on the others!

Ah stop, I miss Dickinson soo much, she was soooo easy. :(

What are you repeating for, if you don't mind me asking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

A Dublin (feic off Corkonians!) meet up would be fun...but you know what they say about the internet....!

I could be a small old woman for all you know :rolleyes:

Ya, I was thinking of sticking with the old ones too but I didn't do Kavanagh last year so will need a few from this year too. :L Same,I think I'll do Heaney too but can't decide on the others!

Ah stop, I miss Dickinson soo much, she was soooo easy. :(

What are you repeating for, if you don't mind me asking. :)

She was a legend, I have to refer to her on one of this year's papers no matter what! :pac:

I've a few reasons, the main one being that I don't know what I want to do. :/ And yourself? :)

She was a legend, I have to refer to her on one of this year's papers no matter what! :pac:

I've a few reasons, the main one being that I don't know what I want to do. :/ And yourself? :)

Haha, good luck with that! :D You sure love her lol

Ah, did you go see a guidance counsellor? May be they can help you? :)
    I'm repeating for Medicine. :P

Haha, good luck with that! :D You sure love her lol

Ah, did you go see a guidance counsellor? May be they can help you? :)
    I'm repeating for Medicine. :P

Yeah I talked to a really good one who told me that I'd be fantastic at Maths and physics - I did neither honours Maths nor any science subject since the Junior Cert, but I'm taking on both at the moment. Maths will actually be the death of me. It's ridiculously hard in comparison to the 'joys' :P of ordinary level. :(

But sure Dickinson's always there to remind me that there's hope even in the 'chillest land'... :L

Ooh best of luck, hope you get med this time! :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I talked to a really good one who told me that I'd be fantastic at Maths and physics - I did neither honours Maths nor any science subject since the Junior Cert, but I'm taking on both at the moment. Maths will actually be the death of me. It's ridiculously hard in comparison to the 'joys' :P of ordinary level. :(

But sure Dickinson's always there to remind me that there's hope even in the 'chillest land'... :L

Ooh best of luck, hope you get med this time! :)

There's like 2-3 people(they're repeating too) in my class who have taken up physics for the first time after Junior cert, so I'd say it's grand! How are you finding it so far? I honestly hate it, I've hated it all my life! (not trying to scare you or anything lol..that's just me).
    Ah, did you move up from OL maths to HL? That must be hard! My friend has acutally done the same! But you'll be ok if you keep practicing, don't worry! :) Good luck With everything, hopefully you'll find a course you like. :)
    Haha, yes, Emily Dickinson will remind you of that! :P

Thank you. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement