Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

This is my life :pac:
    Someone gets it sure! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    Does anybody else here enjoy school? I know it's a weird sounding thing to say but leaving out {homework, study, exams} school atmosphere for me is usually just about the craic, I'd lost that for a while but I've gotten it back now and I know for a fact when I leave for university I'll deeply miss a lot of aspects of secondary school.
    Yeah tbh :( I'll really miss English class, its such a laugh and my teacher's great and really friendly, same with maths (but the fact thats its maths kinda ruins that :P). I go to French club too which is really fun but sadly I dont have the teacher who runs it and she's bang on :P Even though its only a weekly event I'll still miss that too :( I almost cherish the fun classes I have left and get sad when I have to miss them for other things...I'm such a sap :P I just feel like college wont be able to replace that!
    Does get really repetitive though! I love Unit 5 though, I think it's really interesting and so applicable to real life (Marketing, Business Plans etc.).. Unit 3 is really handy but soo boring like! We're going through each unit revising in class, all the exam questions and then a big test at the end of each unit to see what we know.. Still we have 4 weeks before the exam packed full of intense cramming for everything. Plus for Mock preparation we did 12 years of S.Q and ran out of them, so our teacher had to order special S.Q practise books from one of the textbooks to give us for additional study/homework!.

Still with all the preparation you can't guarantee an A1, that's what irriating about business. Spend a couple of minutes too long on the ABQ and you won't get everything done like!

All together for my ABQ in the Mock I did something like 5/6 pages which is ridiculous for 80 marks. Think I did like 19/20 pages alltogether and still probably won't get an A2 even though I thought I did quite well in most questions!
    What's SQ? :pac: I didnt like that unit much! I dont like Business Plans etc, I find the first chapter with the consumer laws so much more useful and easy to remember. I love unit 7 because it helps me to study for my geography elective though :cool:

Oh, short questions :D Sure theyre all similar anyway :P Do they exist or did the book people make them for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Yeah I regret not getting all 5 ceol for a tenner in Irish college:D
    "Bladhm"(Flame) is on youtube, I wish they'd do more songs as Gaeilge, love them.
    All the coronas ones are good, rubberbandits, delorentos etc.

"I'd say he's a fishmonger", shakespeare slang is fun:D

The led thing was great for having a practical understanding of Batterys, resistors, current and parallel/series circuits. Also playing with a soldering iron is fun:rolleyes:

I didn't know Delorentos had any, the rest you mentioned are class though!

Ah yes, actually now that I think of it, I made myself an atomic bomb after finishing radioactivity. :pac: Just so I'd remember the chapter like. :D
    Does anybody else here enjoy school? I know it's a weird sounding thing to say but leaving out {homework, study, exams} school atmosphere for me is usually just about the craic, I'd lost that for a while but I've gotten it back now and I know for a fact when I leave for university I'll deeply miss a lot of aspects of secondary school.

I don't enjoy school this year at all, but I'm repeating so I don't really think of it as school, 'cause it's so crap in comparison to the first five years (which were great!). :)

I completely agree with you for last year though, god it was brilliant! The craic and the laughs everyday are the best. :D

There's just something about sixth year though, everyone gets so close! Like the atmosphere we had last year was class, everyone talked to everyone, we were laughing the whole time and it was just FUN!! I miss it so much now though. :( (Seriously, ye've no idea!) :( And it's awful because the reality is properly setting in that I'm not going to see most of my year more than a couple of times a year, if at all. Even the ones who I talked to and laughed with pretty much every day last year, I've seen them like two or three times since results night. And then there's ones who I'd have great craic with in school, but if we saw each other out now we mightn't even say hi. It's so weird!!

So yeah, enjoy ye're last few months in school lads. Leaving Cert aside, for most people they are the BEST few months ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Togepi wrote: »
    There's just something about sixth year though, everyone gets so close! Like the atmosphere we had last year was class, everyone talked to everyone, we were laughing the whole time and it was just FUN!! I miss it so much now though. :( (Seriously, ye've no idea!) :( And it's awful because the reality is properly setting in that I'm not going to see most of my year more than a couple of times a year, if at all. Even the ones who I talked to and laughed with pretty much every day last year, I've seen them like two or three times since results night. And then there's ones who I'd have great craic with in school, but if we saw each other out now we mightn't even say hi. It's so weird!!

So yeah, enjoy ye're last few months in school lads. Leaving Cert aside, for most people they are the BEST few months ever! :)

Er, doubtful. Maybe it's just me or just my school but I don't get any of that at all! Everyone has their small group of friends and nothing really goes on outside of that. I hate school, so much. Any chance I get to avoid it I take! I can't wait to leave and never have to look back!

M&S* wrote: »
    Er, doubtful. Maybe it's just me or just my school but I don't get any of that at all! Everyone has their small group of friends and nothing really goes on outside of that. I hate school, so much. Any chance I get to avoid it I take! I can't wait to leave and never have to look back!

That's why I said for most people. :) And that sucks, you're school sounds like no fun...

On the plus side, you've only got about fifty or sixty school days left and then you're finished with it forever! :D

(And by the way, thanks to the barrel of laughs that is this year :rolleyes: I definitely get the whole wanting school to hurry the hell up and be over!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

This is exactly what my year was like, there was about 9 or 10 cliques, until the end of 5th year when the 18ths started that everyone started going out together and we grew really close.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Togepi wrote: »
    That's why I said for most people. :) And that sucks, you're school sounds like no fun...

On the plus side, you've only got about fifty or sixty school days left and then you're finished with it forever! :D

(And by the way, thanks to the barrel of laughs that is this year :rolleyes: I definitely get the whole wanting school to hurry the hell up and be over!)
    Its like 6 weeks, Easter, 6 weeks, exams :D Or something like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I do enjoy the craic. In an all lads school, we don't have to consider what a girl would think of half the stupid shít we do. I really hope Mary I doesn't live up to it's name for being dry, as the school I'm in now is completely the opposite and I love it :D. I'll definately miss the the few really close friends I have, but we'll all be in Limerick together so the craic will continue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

This is my life :pac:

I probably know some of those dickheads :pac:

I've gone through phases of hating my year and leaving's not exactly going to tear me apart because I find school really restrictive, but I'll miss it at the same time. Like it's going to be weird not to have the familiarity of being around people I generally get along pretty well with and always have something to talk about with every day, though I'll miss the drunken outside-school bant most of all - going on our mystery tour next month, eep.

Only 5 weeks 'til Easter now and then the last 6! :D So that's 55 school days, minus the 2 bank holidays...

53 school days left!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

:eek:
    This has just made me realise how screwed I actually am :(

Anyone else *cringing whilst admiting* like Jedwards song? :) I think it's so catchy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Anyone else *cringing whilst admiting* like Jedwards song? :) I think it's so catchy! :D
    Last night I couldn't help but grin like a complete idiot at them performing it on the late late, so yes :o

I think their hillarious, they can only can act like complete tossers for a few more years because they'll be too old at like 28/29 to be acting like that, so I suppose they should milk every opportunity they can get! The sad thing is they probably would get about 15 points between the 2 of them in the Leaving Cert and they're worth millions of euros! :P

Yeah they're not so bad, just exhausting to watch :pac: I wouldn't mind earning what they do for acting the eejit though!

I loved them on the X Factor and I still find them kinda funny, but they make me really uncomfortable as well...they have baths together like :/

Namlub wrote: »
    they have baths together like :/
    Why am I not surprised? >.>

Poor boys, they're never going to lose their virginity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Lads. I got an offer from Aberdeen XD

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Lads. I got an offer from Aberdeen XD

Congrats!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Just wondering, those who have got their mocks back are you happy with the standard of correcting so far? I havn't got any of mine back yet, but I dread getting ridiculously marked (if even marked) exams back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Just wondering, those who have got their mocks back are you happy with the standard of correcting so far? I havn't got any of mine back yet, but I dread getting ridiculously marked (if even marked) exams back!

well........ english, i feel was very harshly marked while I think german was maybe nicely marked :rolleyes:
    I think everyone's going to get a mix of good and badly corrected mocks so it'll even itself out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Finally done with HPAT, yay :D It feels like ages since I posted here properly, how are ye all?

Ally7 wrote: »
    Finally done with HPAT, yay :D It feels like ages since I posted here properly, how are ye all?

Welcome back! :) I'm grand, thanks for asking. :P Mocks over with yet? :)

Welcome back Ally :)

On my run this evening I was asked twice for a blow... What do I look like? :eek: Just kept on running... Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Welcome back Ally :)

On my run this evening I was asked twice for a blow... What do I look like? :eek: Just kept on running... Scary stuff.
    How many times have I told you yer not allowed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

No one understands how depressed I am about not being able to see Kanye and Jay Z in June because of the LC. :(

How many times have I told you yer not allowed? :pac:

Sorry mom.

Manic2 wrote: »
    No one understands how depressed I am about not being able to see Kanye and Jay Z in June because of the LC. :(

I bought a ticket about ten months ago for Blink 182, thinking I'd never be repeating. Now I have to sell it because of Irish Paper II being on the same day. :( Now that I think of it, that's probably why Irish has gone from my favourite subject to one of my least favourite ones this year. :pac:

<3 you Leaving Cert xoxo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Manic2 wrote: »

Formula 1 is coming to Dublin!
    Ireland are playing in Euro 2012!
    Besides there's plenty of concerts on at that time...

But wait...Leaving Cert, thank you for being so awfully timed:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement