Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

donvito99 wrote: »
    A Dublin (feic off Corkonians!) meet up would be fun...but you know what they say about the internet....!

I could be a small old woman for all you know :rolleyes:

Nobody invite donvito then. Little old ladies are no craic.

But we'd be in a big open space with loads of people and as long as everyone makes sure someone knows where they are and when they should be back you're grand!
    Maybe we should do it by PM to people we're reasonably sure are real (like long time members) though as opposed to making a thread and telling the whole world and its mother where we are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Fancy joining myself and M&S* so?:pac:

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hey guys long time no post :( you know 6th years bad when you dont even get time to talk to your boardsies :O
    ah only messing its alright :) dreadful long history classes though :(
    so how are the rest of ye finding it ?
    Might join some of ye up in Dub :) who would be going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Welcome back Kitten! :D Good to see ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    There's like 2-3 people(they're repeating too) in my class who have taken up physics for the first time after Junior cert, so I'd say it's grand! How are you finding it so far? I honestly hate it, I've hated it all my life! (not trying to scare you or anything lol..that's just me).
    Ah, did you move up from OL maths to HL? That must be hard! My friend has acutally done the same! But you'll be ok if you keep practicing, don't worry! :) Good luck With everything, hopefully you'll find a course you like. :)
    Haha, yes, Emily Dickinson will remind you of that! :P

Thank you. :)

I couldn't do physics in my school so I'm doing phys/chem - it's a nice short course so hopefully it'll be grand.

Yes, it's crazy hard! Practicing is great but it takes ages and it doesn't work if you've no idea how to attempt the question! :o But it mightn't be quite as impossible all year... At the moment I feel like I'd need a grind in it about five times a week, but I don't think that's possible. Unless I get a time-turner. :pac: And lots of money. :rolleyes:

Ah so I'm not the only poor soul trying it! :p

<3 for Dickinson!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Wow! Dickenson sounds great! What can I say? Plath ftw? :confused::pac::pac:

Welcome back Kitten! :D Good to see ya!
    Awww thank you mister :D Good to be back :)
    Missed boards :) Hows 6th year treating ya? :)
    anybody going to mary i / UL oct 14th?

Wow! Dickenson sounds great! What can I say? Plath ftw? :confused::pac::pac:

Old Dicksie is a hero! :pac:

Hopefully Plath will be a good substitute... :P

We went last year in fifth year... To be honest UL was so big and had no idea what was going on when we were there

Mary I? Loved it! It's so organised and our tour guide was so nice! :D

We went last year in fifth year... To be honest UL was so big and had no idea what was going on when we were there

Mary I? Loved it! It's so organised and our tour guide was so nice! :D
    Job! honestly cant wait for these open days, highlighted in the homework diary and the works ! I've only really went to like 2 open days last year :( sadness now i have like 6 to go to now but sure gives me something to look forward to :) Thank you by the way cant wait for Mary I now :)

• Advertisement

Job! honestly cant wait for these open days, highlighted in the homework diary and the works ! I've only really went to like 2 open days last year :( sadness now i have like 6 to go to now but sure gives me something to look forward to :) Thank you by the way cant wait for Mary I now :)

I'm going to go to Ucc and I was thinking about St. Angela's in Sligo for Home Ec teaching.... I was considering UCD too, just for another place outside of Cork...

Anywhere else I should try? :confused: :pac:

Mary I hopefully, depending on if anyone wants to come with me or I can get up!

I'm going to go to Ucc and I was thinking about St. Angela's in Sligo for Home Ec teaching.... I was considering UCD too, just for another place outside of Cork...

Anywhere else I should try? :confused: :pac:
    What you thinking of doing ? teaching ?
    depends where you are from also but i'm going to say i was impressed with NUI Maynooth last year ! lovely college :)

I'm repeating and I've been to zero open days...

I should probably try actually going this year. :pac:

M&S* wrote: »
    Mary I hopefully, depending on if anyone wants to come with me or I can get up!
    You should :) will be great craic :) where you from ? is it hard for you to get there?
    Sarah? wrote: »
    I'm repeating and I've been to zero open days...

I should probably try actually going this year. :pac:
    awww zero open days :O awww why ? :(

awww zero open days :O awww why ? :(

Wasn't too sure what I was going for (still amn't) and I live a fair distance from colleges so it's a bit of a trek! But I'll have to go to a few this year, most of my friends are in college this year so I'll have no choice but to visit! :D

I've kind of realised it's wise to actually visit colleges before doing the CAO... :rolleyes:

It's horrific, and I haven't even started proper study yet...:/ dunno where to begin tbh. you?
    Old Dicksie is a hero! :pac:

Hopefully Plath will be a good substitute... :P
    We're not even doing Plath :( I love Rich though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I want to go to Galway, but I've no drive :( Anyone else heading to UCC and "Trinners"? :pac:

Ally7 wrote: »
    I want to go to Galway, but I've no drive :( Anyone else heading to UCC and "Trinners"? :pac:

I might pop out to NUIG for a bit after my grinds on Saturday :) It's just like a 10 min walk. Any other boardsies going? I'll be going to Trinners! :D And UCD and UL!

Wasn't too sure what I was going for (still amn't) and I live a fair distance from colleges so it's a bit of a trek! But I'll have to go to a few this year, most of my friends are in college this year so I'll have no choice but to visit! :D

I've kind of realised it's wise to actually visit colleges before doing the CAO... :rolleyes:
    I see :) oh yeah sure your friends would kill you if you didnt :rolleyes: whats it like repeating ? :) must be odd
    It's horrific, and I haven't even started proper study yet...:/ dunno where to begin tbh. you?

ha its pretty bad :( yeah me too havent got time to do study when your given like hours worth of homework every night :( i'm not as tired as when i was in fifth year though (no staying up till 4 o clock to get homework done anymore due to work cz i'v got weekends :D)
    awww Rich is so good really enjoying her poetry :D
    And UCD and UL!
    me too :) UCD, UL, DCU, Marino, Mater Dei, Pats , Mary I and NUI Maynooth

• Advertisement

I see :) oh yeah sure your friends would kill you if you didnt :rolleyes: whats it like repeating ? :) must be odd

ha its pretty bad :( yeah me too havent got time to do study when your given like hours worth of homework every night :( i'm not as tired as when i was in fifth year though (no staying up till 4 o clock to get homework done anymore due to work cz i'v got weekends :D)
    awww Rich is so good really enjoying her poetry :D

me too :) UCD, UL, DCU, Marino, Mater Dei, Pats , Mary I and NUI Maynooth
    My homework is only taking me like an hour and a bit per night, I just have no motivation. So ashamed of myself :( Yeah I really enjoyed her :D

You should :) will be great craic :) where you from ? is it hard for you to get there?

I'm from Cork, it's not that it's hard to get there it's just I've no motivation to do it! I'll try get some friends to come along! :D

My homework is only taking me like an hour and a bit per night, I just have no motivation. So ashamed of myself :( Yeah I really enjoyed her :D
    Ah dont be ! trust me i've been procrastinating so much when i get down to study ... like cookie here.... go down to kitchen for cuppa tae :( I knew i should have done school study :rolleyes:
    M&S* wrote: »
    I'm from Cork, it's not that it's hard to get there it's just I've no motivation to do it! I'll try get some friends to come along! :D
    haha lobby round :) haha if your going i might see ya there haha :eek:
    Here aon sceal on the debs? a tv show called our school wanting to organise ours for FREE ! :eek:

Ah dont be ! trust me i've been procrastinating so much when i get down to study ... like cookie here.... go down to kitchen for cuppa tae :( I knew i should have done school study :rolleyes:

haha lobby round :) haha if your going i might see ya there haha :eek:
    Here aon sceal on the debs? a tv show called our school wanting to organise ours for FREE ! :eek:

Same here, I was always like "oh it's just a waste of money, sure can't I do that at home!" It wouldn't seem so! :/ what subjects are you doing?

Yup one's outside my window now with a knife 'cause I haven't been visiting :P

Yeah it's a bit strange, takes getting used to. Definitely wouldn't recommend it! The free classes are handy though. :pac:

Oh no. :( Everyone hates Rich, I think she's sound though! Easy enough to write on.

Same here, I was always like "oh it's just a waste of money, sure can't I do that at home!" It wouldn't seem so! :/ what subjects are you doing?
    Exactly ! I was always like why pay to study in school when you can do it in the comfort of your own home .... only my home is gotten a bit too comfortable :rolleyes:
    em English, Irish, Maths, German, Economics, Business and History ! all HL and yourself? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I thought the exact same as you, but I've started it recently and its brilliant, really productive as well! Is it very expensive in your school?

Yup one's outside my window now with a knife 'cause I haven't been visiting :P

Yeah it's a bit strange, takes getting used to. Definitely wouldn't recommend it! The free classes are handy though. :pac:

Oh no. :( Everyone hates Rich, I think she's sound though! Easy enough to write on.
    Exactly, and I actually enjoy her poetry :)
    Exactly ! I was always like why pay to study in school when you can do it in the comfort of your own home .... only my home is gotten a bit too comfortable :rolleyes:
    em English, Irish, Maths, German, Economics, Business and History ! all HL and yourself? :)
    The usual 3 along with French, Chemistry, Biology and Business, all HL except Maths. How are you finding honours Irish?
    Ally7 wrote: »
    I thought the exact same as you, but I've started it recently and its brilliant, really productive as well! Is it very expensive in your school?
    I'd love to start it but I'm already getting two grinds per week and I just feel bad asking my parents for more money! It's €350/term. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I want to go to UCD and Trinity, have to see who's willing to go with me. Guarantee I'll end up not bothering with UCC even though I'm from Cork and it's not on a school day trolololol

And I'm all under pressure to pay the first of my debs money already, but the whole having to ask someone part is putting me off. Oh the joys of being in an all girls school...

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    I want to go to UCD and Trinity, have to see who's willing to go with me. Guarantee I'll end up not bothering with UCC even though I'm from Cork and it's not on a school day trolololol

And I'm all under pressure to pay the first of my debs money already, but the whole having to ask someone part is putting me off. Oh the joys of being in an all girls school...
    Why are you in an all girls school when you're a boy? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement