Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What?? :eek:
    so glad I started it last year now :D :P

I had my first draft done after Christmas last year, lost it and just didn't bother to do a new one. My teacher doesn't actually know this yet so I'll just go cry in the toilets tomorrow instead of going to class...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Frost is the only poet we're definitely not doing in class, it is supposed to be pretty unlikely he'd come up. Pity, I liked him at junior cert.

Plath is my favourite too, though I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I actually like Kinsella. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

M&S* wrote: »
    Has anyone else not started their Geography Projects yet? :(
    We started writing ours into the booklets today!
    13spanner wrote: »
    I keep telling myself not to pick favourites to avoid disappointment, but same here :o doing Kinsella now and he just seems to drag on forever :(
    Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm trying to like other poets but it's all Plath with me:p

Haha I sort of like Heaney but we still have to do Kavanagh so I'll learn them! I'll dance if Plath is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I love Plath and Larkin, they're my two favourites, definitely.

I've completely hit a wall. I spent today looking at getting a tattoo, but not getting one. And I've eaten chocolate philidelphia, caramel nibbles and a giant tub of baked alaska ice cream. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

English Paper 2 in the morning! Talk to yiz after, wish me luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Kinsella is the biggest bore going. I mean I have no problem with poems being long, its just that they're so awful :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    English Paper 2 in the morning! Talk to yiz after, wish me luck :D

Good luck!! :)

*Wishes she knew a way fancier and more impressive way of saying 'good luck'*

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Good luck!! :)

*Wishes she knew a way fancier and more impressive way of saying 'good luck'*

:cool:

Ummmmm

Be at the button of Fortune's cap.
    Ádh mór, a Phádraig.
    May the force be with you

Ummmmm

Be at the button of Fortune's cap.
    Ádh mór, a Phádraig.
    May the force be with you

Indeed. And may Fortune do her utmost to help young Patrick excel in his latest endeavour. May his quill spill words onto his parchment in the same manner in which his prefrontal cortex spills ideas into his mind. And may he direct his eyes towards paper the second while simultaneously declaring 'come at me bro', for he will be eternally confident, as he has Fortune by his sideth.

PS: Use the forks. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I love Plath and Larkin, they're my two favourites, definitely.

I've completely hit a wall. I spent today looking at getting a tattoo, but not getting one. And I've eaten chocolate philidelphia, caramel nibbles and a giant tub of baked alaska ice cream. FML.

Chocolate Philadelphia?! :o any nice? God I'm craving caramel nibbles now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I love Plath too, and Rich. And Boland's fine. Hate Heaney and Kavanagh! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My French mock oral is tomorrow and I still haven't started studying :(

My French mock oral is tomorrow and I still haven't started studying :(

It's March now. I think we need to start putting in the work. I've got tests Friday I haven't studied for and don't want to either, I want to study for the physics olympiad I have staurday but I can't because of all of the homework I'm getting. Fúckin LC:mad:

Wow, you know it's time to start studying when Eathrin even says it.

In other news, today I procrastinated by making myself a rough graph of how my work should rapidly increase from tomorrow until June. That was fun.

Togepi wrote: »
    Wow, you know it's time to start studying when Eathrin even says it.

In other news, today I procrastinated by making myself a rough graph of how my work should rapidly increase from tomorrow until June. That was fun.

I know most of my friends are now taking me a bit more seriously in school:p

So,if I drew that graph, it'd have a freakin' massive slope, and start at 0:pac:

It's March now. I think we need to start putting in the work. I've got tests Friday I haven't studied for and don't want to either, I want to study for the physics olympiad I have staurday but I can't because of all of the homework I'm getting. Fúckin LC:mad:

See you there man.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Anyone going to the chemistry olympiad qualifiers in dcu in saturday? if so, il be the argry looking guy in the corner with a beard :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I swear I have exhaustion or something. I was dizzy yesterday, lightheaded this morning and now I'm trying to make soup but I have to sit down making it. Stupid leaving cert making me sick!

Grand total of 14 pages for English Paper II, using JC scripts so it was even less than it would be in the real thing and I still finished about an hour early. 3.5 pages on
    Larkin
    , 1 on unseen poetry, 6 on comparative and 3.5 on Hamlet.

If I didnt get an A... :P

Geo and Maths I tomorrow, the fun stops here :(

Anyone going to the chemistry olympiad qualifiers in dcu in saturday? if so, il be the argry looking guy in the corner with a beard :p

My friend will see you there, man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I find the comparative the hardest, the poetry easy and Hamlet easy depending on the question.

But finishing an hour early?!

donvito99 wrote: »
    I find the comparative the hardest, the poetry easy and Hamlet easy depending on the question.

But finishing an hour early?!
    Comparative is by far my easiest, poetry is just as easy and Hamlet's the hardest because we havent done it properly yet but will be after the mocks :)

Yeah, I dont even know how it happened! I finished the poetry essay in like 25 minutes...then the unseen poetry was 10 or 15 minutes. I dont tend to stop and think about it all too much. The comparative questions are so similar each time that I never have to think much either. The exam was 9-12:20 and I could tell I was way ahead of time..finished around 11:15 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I found that there was much less time pressure in English than I was expecting, seemingly I write faster and smaller under pressure! I had about 20/30 min to spare at the end of paper one even though I'd written plans for everything,a solid 5 page speech, 3 pages for my comprehensions and 1 and a half for functional. Had I known I known I would have had time at the end I would have put an extra page into my plan for my essay, but at that point it was too late and it was already finished.

As for paper 2, I got 5 and a half done in my comparative, 5 for Hamlet 1 for unseen poetry and 5 for poetry, and I never get up to 5 for poetry! So I was pleased about that, its nice to know my first exam in June won't be as hell for leather as I thought!

Physics was horrible today though, they asked really complicated unusual stuff :S

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I found that there was much less time pressure in English than I was expecting, seemingly I write faster and smaller under pressure! I had about 20/30 min to spare at the end of paper one even though I'd written plans for everything,a solid 5 page speech, 3 pages for my comprehensions and 1 and a half for functional. Had I known I known I would have had time at the end I would have put an extra page into my plan for my essay, but at that point it was too late and it was already finished.

As for paper 2, I got 5 and a half done in my comparative, 5 for Hamlet 1 for unseen poetry and 5 for poetry, and I never get up to 5 for poetry! So I was pleased about that, its nice to know my first exam in June won't be as hell for leather as I thought!

Physics was horrible today though, they asked really complicated unusual stuff :S
    Ah, I thought I was the only one doing mocks this late! :P

I found the same for English, its great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Got my geog back, c2 but I'm really happy and the highest was a b2 in the class :O Braces back on 4th April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Did DCG and Maths Paper 2 today, now I'm done with the mocks weeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Did DCG and Maths Paper 2 today, now I'm done with the mocks weeeeeee
    No Mocks back yet! We finished them 3 weeks tomorrow so we better get some back tomorrow! :( Stupid, lazy DEB correctors! :P..

31 days since our first Mock btw! ;/

Nobody in our school doing Chem, 2 of us doing Physics, cause we're mad like that:pac:
    Handy enough for me in Dublin, not so handy for those coming from far and wide!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

No Mocks back yet! We finished them 3 weeks tomorrow so we better get some back tomorrow! :( Stupid, lazy DEB correctors! :P..

31 days since our first Mock btw! ;/

Ours are being corrected by our own teachers, I know the majority of exams that we did last week are already done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ours are being corrected by our own teachers, I know the majority of exams that we did last week are already done.
    It's ridiculous like! I asked the Exam Secretary in our School today and she told me that the exams were sent off in groups (3 groups)

English Paper I & II
    Irish Paper II
    LCVP

Were sent off Friday the 3rd of February

Music
    Maths Paper I
    Geography

Were sent off Wednesday 8th February

Irish Paper I
    Business
    Economics
    French

Were sent off on the 10th of February

And the school hasn't received 1 paper back yet.. It's ridiculous when our exams were well over 100e :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement