Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xSpacey

Meh, I'll do my homework/study in a bit
    **2am-3am**
    FFS

This happens to me every day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

[QUOTE=Namlub;74633436
    but the whole having to ask someone part is putting me off. Oh the joys of being in an all girls school...[/QUOTE]
    I know i have no idea who to ask ha any takers? ;)
    The usual 3 along with French, Chemistry, Biology and Business, all HL except Maths. How are you finding honours Irish?

I'd love to start it but I'm already getting two grinds per week and I just feel bad asking my parents for more money! It's €350/term. :/
    Yeah i love Irish :) the poetry and stories are ok but i love an triail :) i think its really interesting :) How are you finding it?
    Omg 350 a term thats dreadful ours is only 200 a term :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Why are you in an all girls school when you're a boy? :confused:
    We are no longer speaking -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I know i have no idea who to ask ha any takers? ;)

Yeah i love Irish :) the poetry and stories are ok but i love an triail :) i think its really interesting :) How are you finding it?
    Omg 350 a term thats dreadful ours is only 200 a term :O
    You're so lucky, Irish is by far my worst and least favourite subject :/
    Namlub wrote: »
    We are no longer speaking -.-

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

How can ya like An Triail!? Is it just me or is all the prescribed stuff in Irish really depressing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

M&S* wrote: »
    How can ya like An Triail!? Is it just me or is all the prescribed stuff in Irish really depressing?

I like An Triail. S'pose it's just so awful that you have to remember it. :L Then again I like anything once is as Gaeilge - I actually enjoyed the stair na Gaeilge on the old course*. :pac: (Cringe!)

*Until it came to revising it, that didn't go too well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I <3 school wifi :P :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I'm convinced that every piece of Irish literature be it as Gaeilge or in English is depressing, violent and dull. Thats what the Leaving Cert does, put people off reading, theatre, poetry, everything really.

An Triail (which we aren't doing)

The Field

Sive

even Inside I'm Dancing, modern, is sad

I agree, even The Guard would depress ya!

You're so lucky, Irish is by far my worst and least favourite subject :/
    aww :( poor you :( ah i'm not lucky i just have a brilliant teacher :)
    M&S* wrote: »
    yeah all of its depressing but i like an triail because sure its so interesting like based on true events depicting how awful that girl was treated by society.... but thats just me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 easpa_ciall

Can anyone at all link me or point me in the direction of getting the new picture sequences for Irish 2012? Need them rather urgently . . . .education.ie and curriculumonline.ie and examinations.ie were fails so far . . .:/
    any help would be appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

aww :( poor you :( ah i'm not lucky i just have a brilliant teacher :)

yeah all of its depressing but i like an triail because sure its so interesting like based on true events depicting how awful that girl was treated by society.... but thats just me !
    I have a teacher who just smothers us with notes and tells us to learn them... Dunno if she's good or not tbh.
    Can anyone at all link me or point me in the direction of getting the new picture sequences for Irish 2012? Need them rather urgently . . . .education.ie and curriculumonline.ie and examinations.ie were fails so far . . .:/
    any help would be appreciated !
    They're on examinations.ie!

I have to study in 12 mins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I need to write a 3 page essay on Heaney's family and people who influenced him and all I want to do is sleep. :(

I have a teacher who just smothers us with notes and tells us to learn them... Dunno if she's good or not tbh
    I have to study in 12 mins :(
    I dont think she is good :( but at least you get notes another class in my school dont and they really dont like that ! :( Are her notes good ? if you ever needed help with aistes or anything and your stuck you can just pm me and i'll try and help you :)

I dont think she is good :( but at least you get notes another class in my school dont and they really dont like that ! :( Are her notes good ? if you ever needed help with aistes or anything and your stuck you can just pm me and i'll try and help you :)

Yeah they are, they're just too detailed and she uses really difficult irish which makes them impossible to learn. :/ thanks a lot :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah they are, they're just too detailed and she uses really difficult irish which makes them impossible to learn. :/ thanks a lot :)

Other people's notes (even teacher's notes) are useless. You'll remember much more stuff if you make your own.

No problem :) I see :O but you'll build up loads good vocab :)
    btw what you wanna do after LC ? :)

I have a teacher who just smothers us with notes and tells us to learn them...

Any language teacher who just gives notes and says to learn them off is terrible in my opinion.

I mean, how is that learning the language?? :confused: :mad:

No help whatsoever to students!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

LADDDDSSSSSSSSS.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub