Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Cn the sraithpictiur be in the past tense?

Yes past or present tense but not a mixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Well I personally wouldn't rule him out, Ruairi Quinn has been going on all year about making the leaving cert less predictable. They also like combining Hamlet and Claudius but obviously it is up to you.

I got 525 in the mocks but I need 585 to be sure of my course so a lot of work is required!

I love Claudius, I hope he comes up! :D

Assuming I get the B3 in Physics tomorrow (hoping for better but doubt I got less than that), I got 520. I need 550/545 for my first choice and 505 for my second which I really like too, so I'm pretty happy! I got a few subjects 1% off the grade above though which was really annoying.

EDIT: Flicking back a few pages, I'm after discovering law demand is up 25%. FML, those points probably won't do now. ****:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Anybody else in UCD tomorrow for the CERN thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

Oh haw haw! :P

I'm the same as Togepi, my course is only 340 but I want to get around 420. My mocks however were woeful, I got around 300 overall, I have lots of work to do :(

CHEMISTRY STUDENTS: In question one can they only ask you Redox or acid-base titrations or are there other titrations on the course that they can ask?

There are 2 water titrations too, one involving EDTA for H20 hardness and then the Winkler method one for dissolved O2. Both have come up as q1s before as far as I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm going back to school tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it. At all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm going back to school tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it. At all.

How long have you been out? :/:( good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Need to start working/studying again this week, I'm doing nothing these days and I know I'll regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

got my english script back. only 71 on my essay and 13/20 on unseen poetry, really disappointed with those. i either got A1 grades or C grades so it evened out to my B1 :pac: I did the
    modern love story
    and made up a first date but apparently it didnt fit properly :( (hehehehe)
    46/50 on poetry, 65/70 on comparative and 48/60 on Hamlet, chuffed since we havent revised Hamlet yet :P And I got 40/50 and 46/50 on the comprehensions, so happy :)

Aaaand I got my A1 in French :D 92%, oral tomorrow, need to keep my A1!! No other mocks back yet though, not even maths, on the edge of my seat to know if I passed, scraped a pass or passed comfortably D:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just saying... Ronan O'Gara signed my cast! (the real number 10 ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Yay for power naps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Well I personally wouldn't rule him out, Ruairi Quinn has been going on all year about making the leaving cert less predictable. They also like combining Hamlet and Claudius but obviously it is up to you.

I got 525 in the mocks but I need 585 to be sure of my course so a lot of work is required!

Yeah and Brian Cowan was going on about improving Ireland's economic climate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

WHY AM I NOT STUDYING? SOMEBODY MAKE ME STUDY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Just bought myself a Reading festival ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Flabangav wrote: »
    I am seriously jealous! I'm heading to Electric Picnic and don't get me wrong I'm delighted to be seeing Ed Sheeran and The Cure and all that jazz but Reading would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Flabangav wrote: »

I'm moving hell and earth to get to that. Looking up jobs as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

:eek:
    http://www.dcu.ie/news/2012/mar/s0312e.shtml
    i seen that, and all i wanted to do was cry :( i feel like my chances are minimal of getting my number one or two now D;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My Maths grinds teacher today told me that she expects me to aim for an A in the Leaving Cert.

Bahahahaha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Togepi wrote: »
    My Maths grinds teacher today told me that she expects me to aim for an A in the Leaving Cert.

Bahahahaha!!

Oh I'm experiencing something similar, "You'd really want to be getting an A1 in paper 1. I haven't been getting Cs and Ds for the past two years atall! :P

M&S* wrote: »
    Oh I'm experiencing something similar, "You'd really want to be getting an A1 in paper 1. I haven't been getting Cs and Ds for the past two years atall! :P

I'm just aiming to pass as many questions as possible! Dunno what my teacher is thinking, she of all people should realise how brutal I am at Maths! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm just aiming to pass as many questions as possible! Dunno what my teacher is thinking, she of all people should realise how brutal I am at Maths! :P

Exact same position as me! Sure you never know, you might have the potential to get an A :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Have been working on French oral for about 2 weeks now.
    Only started learning for Irish oral today :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I need to go to Reading or Leeds. Even just for one day. I NEED TO SEE PARAMORE AGAIN.

M&S* wrote: »
    Exact same position as me! Sure you never know, you might have the potential to get an A :P

Ha, maybe if I dropped every other subject! I'd be over the moon with a C, even happy with a D, but sure I'll aim for a B anyway. Just for the craic like! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Got chemistry back today :P Nearly died when I saw 34.95% on the paper!
    The corrector even had the cheek of recommending I do ordinary level!
    Well turns out I lost 30 marks for nothing so brought me up to a D3 anyways,besides only like 5 in our class passed. I am a good enough student but have a shocking teacher an I want at least a B3!
    Soz for the rant.. HAHAHA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Got 70% in my English mock and am delighted :) I'm hoping to get a B1 or maybe higher in the actual exam and actually seeing the things I need to improve on should help!

Beginning to get a bit freaked out over the orals at this stage. Our French teacher only started properly going over the oral like 2 weeks ago and I swear I find it so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

feel like completely giving up and just repeating next year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Just after doing my LCVP interview, still not sure if it was good or bad :( possibly the longest 5 minutes I've ever put down in that school.

.....man it's a nice day :D

Somehow got 91% in my Irish oral with 0 study! The complacency is creeping in :P My french oral went grand, he asked me about things like the environment so he must have thought I was doing well :)

I got a B2 in geography, 79%. I'm raging because its so close to a B1 and I lost marks in the shorts because the marking scheme was wrong but my teacher wont argue with it :/ It measured river discharge in cumecs and rain in mm - but wanted the river discharge answer in mm which isnt correct! :rolleyes:

I also got 30/30 on one part and 6/30 on the other, and I got 28 marks in one q and he only gave me 20 for using three headings - ffs no other teachers in the country use these ridiculously limiting headings.

I know a B2 is still good but its so frustrating, and its geography like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Somehow got 91% in my Irish oral with 0 study! The complacency is creeping in :P My french oral went grand, he asked me about things like the environment so he must have thought I was doing well :)

I got a B2 in geography, 79%. I'm raging because its so close to a B1 and I lost marks in the shorts because the marking scheme was wrong but my teacher wont argue with it :/ It measured river discharge in cumecs and rain in mm - but wanted the river discharge answer in mm which isnt correct! :rolleyes:

I also got 30/30 on one part and 6/30 on the other, and I got 28 marks in one q and he only gave me 20 for using three headings - ffs no other teachers in the country use these ridiculously limiting headings.

I know a B2 is still good but its so frustrating, and its geography like :pac:

That discharge question caught me out as well, I couldn't understand where I went wrong only to find out that I didn't :( And where a few people gave identical answers for one of the shorts, some got the marks but others didn't :/

• Advertisement

Joey. wrote: »
    That discharge question caught me out as well, I couldn't understand where I went wrong only to find out that I didn't :( And where a few people gave identical answers for one of the shorts, some got the marks but others didn't :/
    Yeah I said it to my teacher and he was all good point BUT WHY WOULD I DEFY THE MARKING SCHEME??? I was like because its wrong? :pac: Jesus thats bad marking, I'd have pointed it out :eek: The one on wind direction was weird too, wind vanes point where the wind is coming from but we all got it wrong pretty much :/ Ah well, they wouldnt let those things happen in the real thing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement