Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Can anyone help me with this bloody field study?

I HATE MY NEW GEOGRAPHY TEACHER! He's like 20, new, and hasn't a clue, and everything he's saying is contradicting what my previous geography teacher was saying before she retired.
    Every time anyone asks if they're doing a certain part right, he just replies "Whatever ya think yourself"
    It's so, so frustrating because it's an easy 20% to pick up, but not when we're getting 0 guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yeah I said it to my teacher and he was all good point BUT WHY WOULD I DEFY THE MARKING SCHEME??? I was like because its wrong? :pac: Jesus thats bad marking, I'd have pointed it out :eek: The one on wind direction was weird too, wind vanes point where the wind is coming from but we all got it wrong pretty much :/ Ah well, they wouldnt let those things happen in the real thing :)

There's no point in me pointing it out because it wouldn't bring up my grade, and I'm happy with a B2 anyway :) I was alright with that one but the survey map is another story! That exam taught me that I have a serious inability to differentiate between east and west :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Joey. wrote: »
    There's no point in me pointing it out because it wouldn't bring up my grade, and I'm happy with a B2 anyway :) I was alright with that one but the survey map is another story! That exam taught me that I have a serious inability to differentiate between east and west :pac:
    ahh fair enough :P which q was that? i hate the maps! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Feckin' disgusted with DEB English Paper I Corrections. Gave me 71% for my Composition which was 7 pages and really good in my opinion. Left a comment saying 'too short' what the actual fcuk? I ended up with an A2 (85%) overall, but only because our teacher basically let it slip that
    Apperance vs. Reality or deception
    was the Hamlet Question..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

"So how's the study going?"

Worst phrase ever invented! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

It's in two of the shorts isn't it? I got 0/8 in one of them, and I actually know the area :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

So the mock reports came back. Haha. Mam has me making a Maths revision chart :P

Feckin' disgusted with DEB English Paper I Corrections. Gave me 71% for my Composition which was 7 pages and really good in my opinion. Left a comment saying 'too short' what the actual fcuk? I ended up with an A2 (85%) overall, but only because our teacher basically let it slip that
    I only got 73 since my
    modern love story
    was a date :( got a B1 overall coz of that and the unseen poetry, be happy with your A :P
    Joey. wrote: »
    It's in two of the shorts isn't it? I got 0/8 in one of them, and I actually know the area :pac:
    I dont even remember aha :P I got the area of the extract wrong though, that takes skill :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Manic2 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with this bloody field study?

I HATE MY NEW GEOGRAPHY TEACHER! He's like 20, new, and hasn't a clue, and everything he's saying is contradicting what my previous geography teacher was saying before she retired.
    Every time anyone asks if they're doing a certain part right, he just replies "Whatever ya think yourself"
    It's so, so frustrating because it's an easy 20% to pick up, but not when we're getting 0 guidance.
    We had a teacher like that in 5th year for Accounting, literally nothing got learnt. Thankfully we have a great teacher for 6th year. Sorry I can't help you with your Geography but I completely get your frustration.

7 pages is too short? Hahahaha:D
    Still, you got 85%, just take it that your Hamlet question cancels out the composition I suppose and be happy with that much:).
    Besides it couldn't have been marked worse than ours where literally 80/86 students got between 70-80%.
    That was the worst marked paper I've ever come across in my life.

Eathrin wrote: »

7 pages is too short? Hahahaha:D
    Still, you got 85%, just take it that your Hamlet question cancels out the composition I suppose and be happy with that much:).
    Besides it couldn't have been marked worse than ours where literally 80/86 students got between 70-80%.
    That was the worst marked paper I've ever come across in my life.

Yep apparently! :P. We started the Comparative (LG) a week before the Mock, the little exam comments came back and the examiner wrote:

"Detailed knowledge of the Comparative Study was exceptional in all cases"

I'm not joking, our Teacher doubled up when she read this! :pac: we've done nothing for our comparative! She just gave us some notes! Still I got 59/70 which is not too bad seeing as we haven't read a text or watched the film yet! :P

Anyway, the Mocks are finally over and i'm happy with my 510. I desperately need to keep this to get the Scholarship in NUIM. And I think if I drop below an A1 in Business and Economics my Mam and my Teacher would die! :rolleyes: worst thing about getting good results in the Mock!

• Advertisement

They fixed the love machine guys and I no longer must bear Coeur at the top of my list:) Sweet freedom.
    Aww fudge I got another man:(

shefellover93boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x10
    CTYIgirlboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    ConTheCatboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    gnfnrheadboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    PictureFrameboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    randylonghornboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    zerksboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    Mikeyt086boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    Bootupboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    wnolan1992boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    Aoifey!boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

They fixed the love machine guys and I no longer must bear Coeur at the top of my list:) Sweet freedom.
    Aww fudge I got another man:(

shefellover93boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x10
    CTYIgirlboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    ConTheCatboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    gnfnrheadboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    PictureFrameboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    randylonghornboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x5
    zerksboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    Mikeyt086boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    Bootupboards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    wnolan1992boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4
    Aoifey!boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1x4

:'(:'(

(Y) I got 5. Boom.

Anyway, whoever once said that Teachers treat you as adults, more respect in 6th year blablabla was talking absolute bull I think, (well in my school anyway)

My Irish Teacher tells me every class i'm going to fail as I don't do any work (The lack of work part is true though). To peeve her off I just pick my Mock off the table and say 'But Miss I got a B3 without doing any work. How could I fail?' :P she gets so píssed off with me and tells me I got lucky, i'm like yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh..

But seriously, they still treat us all like a bunch of gobshiiteees from what i'm experiencing anyway!

Teachers treat repeats as adults, not other Leaving Certs. It's great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I love being the only person singled out in class everyday :(

M&S* wrote: »
    I love being the only person singled out in class everyday :(

Do share:)
    Is it one of those teachers who will pick on you for no apparent reason?:/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Got business back :L 41% I passed! I'm in the top 50% of my business class, apparently...

French Oral tomorrow, I should be studying as it is my weakest subject, why am I so so lazy:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

That's madness, the examiner that marked ours sent back a sheet saying that you should try to cap your essay at 5 and a half pages, 6 maximum. And this is an examiner that marks the actual LC every year. I only wrote about 4 pages for my composition and got 80%. So if anything, yours would be too long! :p

They found a body in the port, they think it may be that poor Paul lad from dcu :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Do share:)
    Is it one of those teachers who will pick on you for no apparent reason?:/

Rudaí seafóideach! I was basically forced to admit to something I hadn't done after a 10 minute argument, yes it is one! It's not in my head either, others have noticed it too. It's a shame really because it's ruined a subject that I liked in 3rd year! :(

Siobhnk wrote: »
    They found a body in the port, they think it may be that poor Paul lad from dcu :(

:(That brings a tear to my eye,
    So young and with such a long future ahead,
    and I'm sad, I can't even begin to imagine what those close to him are thinking, so tragic.:(
    I desperately hope that's not him and he's found safe.

Edit: RIP Paul

:(That brings a tear to my eye,
    So young and with such a long future ahead,
    and I'm sad, I can't even begin to imagine what those close to him are thinking, so tragic.:(
    I desperately hope that's not him and he's found safe.

I know so young, but even if it's not him it's still a tragedy for the family of the person who died. And it means that the family of Paul are still at unease.
    Unfortunately it's looking like its him, take a look at the Facebook page set up to find him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Siobhnk wrote: »
    That's very sad. As Cian has said, I hope he's found safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Failed french. Really annoyed :/ Between my two written papers and tape in Irish I have 50%, lazy huare wouldn't check my oral for me!

French oral wasn't so bad, I mean in the sense that she knew I wasn't good enough to answer the difficult questions but I handled the questions I was given alright I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Music at 7 for my LC peeps :pac:

Does anyone here know of any good online resources for DCG? I'm absolutely terrible at it since going into Leaving Cert and I really want an A or B 'cause I know it's achievable if I really work at it.

Nearly failed it last year so if you know of any useful sites please post a link!

Got 52% in HL Maths P1, are yiz proud? :P Half the class or more failed baaadly, sad times :( P2 could still fail me though!

I got 10/50 on series and sequences which we havent done yet haha, but it was marked outta 4 and my lowest in that was 19/50 on algebra :( I just dont get any of it!!

didnt get my french oral result yet, need 82+ to keep my A1 but should have that anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Togepi wrote: »
    Does anyone here know of any good online resources for DCG? I'm absolutely terrible at it since going into Leaving Cert and I really want an A or B 'cause I know it's achievable if I really work at it.

Nearly failed it last year so if you know of any useful sites please post a link!

T4.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement