Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Got a bit excited for my birthday tomorrow, then I remembered I'm in school until 6:10. Oh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Got a bit excited for my birthday tomorrow, then I remembered I'm in school until 6:10. Oh :(

I'm sure you'll have an epic birthday none the less. Plenty of time to celebrate with you this weekend!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Birthday and Paddies celebrations all in the one? :D Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anyone know how many points people usually go up between mocks and June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

T4.ie

Thanks, I already knew about that one from doing the project though.

Any other DCG sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Chuchoter wrote: »

One of my best friends jumped from 360 to 485 last year!

It varies hugely. Last year I went up 35. This year I'm aiming to go up about 200. :o (Still waiting on 3 mock results but I know what my points will be like.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

According to This spreadsheet done by a Boards member last year, students who posted their results went up an average of 20%.:)

In my case that would mean I get 625:rolleyes: Bahaha:D
    I'm taking nothing for granted, I can't possibly do any better unless I was to start knuckling down:o

If I went up by 55 I'd literally die of happiness. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Well I've been off for boards for 2 weeks now :) anyone miss me ? *awkward silence*
    Ha so my birthday is on friday ( school and work after) , don't ye just envy me ? :P
    Anyways mocks all back , 510 :/ pretty alright I suppose :)

So how are ye all doing ? :)

• Advertisement

Meowth!! :D

We totes missed you! :)

And jaysus, 510, can you share some of those points with us? :P

Togepi wrote: »
    Meowth!! :D

We totes missed you! :)

And jaysus, 510, can you share some of those points with us? :P

:) I totes dont know how this thread even survived without me :P jk :)
    Ha if you want them, you can have them :P they aint real points yet ya know :P :) Mocks dont matter really :/:)

:) I totes dont know how this thread even survived without me :P jk :)
    Ha if you want them, you can have them :P they aint real points yet ya know :P :) Mocks dont matter really :/:)

Ha I know, I want the really low points in the mocks to make me work! I mean for in the real thing when you get like a billion or something. ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Well I've been off for boards for 2 weeks now :) anyone miss me ? *awkward silence*
    Ha so my birthday is on friday ( school and work after) , don't ye just envy me ? :P
    Anyways mocks all back , 510 :/ pretty alright I suppose :)

So how are ye all doing ? :)

Welcome back Historykitten! Snap with the points! 510 here also! I actually don't know why but i'm kinda disappointed. And 500 was my goal for the Leaving so I don't know why! Feck it, just hope I go up some points in the real thing! :pac:

Togepi wrote: »
    Ha I know, I want the really low points in the mocks to make me work! I mean for in the real thing when you get like a billion or something. ;) :P
    well the 510 has only made me a little depressed :L giving up on this oul LC :P
    a billion :L :pac: hahahaha thats a good one :P if anyone's gonna get a billion its mr.smartypants Eathrin :P
    Welcome back Historykitten! Snap with the points! 510 here also! I actually don't know why but i'm kinda disappointed. And 500 was my goal for the Leaving so I don't know why! Feck it, just hope I go up some points in the real thing! :pac:
    Thanks dear :) Snap :) and double snap, i'm a bit disappointed myself :O
    oooh really , well if you got it in the mocks , you'll get it in the real thing and more :)
    Ha unlike yourself i didnt even get my course with 510 :( mines a maths course so with the 25 extra points and the 20% increase in applicants for the course, the situation aint looking well :o

If I went up 30 points I'd be ecstatic. This actually encourages me to study for my test tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Got the result for my pre-oral French test today. 65%. :)

The teacher told me that when he was asking me about my plans for the future, I'd been speaking in the Conditional tense which left a great impression.

I was wise enough not to mention that that was an accident. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I need to go up about 200 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Dya know that lad, when he touches everything it turns to skittles? What happens when he touches a skittle? Does it just stay 1 skittle? because it can't turn into loads of skittles...

And that's Siobháns random thought of the day. :P

Just put a deposit down on my accommodation for next year! :)

• Advertisement

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Got the result for my pre-oral French test today. 65%. :)

The teacher told me that when he was asking me about my plans for the future, I'd been speaking in the Conditional tense which left a great impression.

I was wise enough not to mention that that was an accident. :D

I always do that :pac:

If I don't go up at least 100 points in the real thing I'm going to be so upset. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I HATE PAPER TWO.

I'm about to rant, feel free to ignore, or TL;DR. Seriously.

So English Paper Two came back today. One of the teachers corrected all the paper twos. Anyone who's in one of his classes did really well in whatever segments they have him for (we have four english module thingys.) But I dropped him from last year, because I spent poetry sleeping. I almost failed paper two. 44%. Now, I wouldn't mind, BUT I GOT A ****ING B1 IN PAPER ONE. I wrote a five page essay for Hamlet, and 4 for Comparative (we've only done two texts so far). I ran out of time for poetry, but for the TWO PARAGRAPH PLATH ESSAY he gave me 16/50. The two paragraph unseen poetry got 8/50. He docked one mechanical point for every word I spelt wrong. Seriously. I'm so upset because I'm relying on English for a B2, and now my cumulative mark is scraping a C3. The parents are pissed off because I've barely passed my mocks, so I'm upset too. ARGH.

Sorry guys.

If I don't go up at least 100 points in the real thing I'm going to be so upset. :(

If I go up 100 points I would leave secondary schooling with fonder memories, a spring in my step and a humble inner hapiness:)

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I HATE PAPER TWO.

So English Paper Two came back today. One of the teachers corrected all the paper twos. Anyone who's in one of his classes did really well in whatever segments they have him for (we have four english module thingys.) But I dropped him from last year, because I spent poetry sleeping. I almost failed paper two. 44%. Now, I wouldn't mind, BUT I GOT A ****ING B1 IN PAPER ONE. I wrote a five page essay for Hamlet, and 4 for Comparative (we've only done two texts so far). I ran out of time for poetry, but for the TWO PARAGRAPH PLATH ESSAY he gave me 16/50. The two paragraph unseen poetry got 8/50. He docked one mechanical point for every word I spelt wrong. Seriously. I'm so upset because I'm relying on English for a B2, and now my cumulative mark is scraping a C3. The parents are pissed off because I've barely passed my mocks, so I'm upset too. ARGH.

Sorry guys.

I know how you feel, I got 160/200 for Paper I and 99/200 for Paper II but that was my own fault, I hadn't studied and my comparative answer was less than a page and a half :rolleyes:
    My mock results have been horrific too, I even failed Chemistry :(
    Try not to let them get you down too much though :)

I'm fuming over Irish, it was so badly corrected. I definitely should have gotten a C3 and not a D1, there were so many places where I should have gotten marks and I didn't.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I HATE PAPER TWO.

Sorry guys.

English correcting seems to be a bit all over the shop for the mocks. I was getting 3/10 for mechanics in everything when there were no spelling or grammar mistakes in the entire essay and on top of that loads of purpose marks taken off even though I made damn sure to link every single point back to the question and had all the formats etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it, real examiners can't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Have I mentioned my love for ye all? <3
    Wrote out my Hamlet essay to give to the teacher tomorrow, and the comparative one for Friday. I'm raging. On the plus side, I'm staying in study till eight and actually working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Every time I used the word 'repitition' in my English paper, the corrected drew a circle around it and put in a question mark. I still have no idea why...

Namlub wrote: »
    Every time I used the word 'repitition' in my English paper, the corrected drew a circle around it and put in a question mark. I still have no idea why...

Do you mean "repetition"?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Well I'll be damned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement