Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cian, I'd kinda love if you got like 5 points in June, for the craic like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Cian, I'd kinda love if you got like 5 points in June, for the craic like :D

What a lovely thought.
    Not only do I only get 5 points, I get severely crippled, rendering me useless to sit any exams, except for English where I manage to narrate about half a page of an essay to my scribe before I run out of energy, granting me a lower level D3 and 5 points in the leaving cert.
    They all thought I would get 0, nobody believed in me when I told them I would achieve in my Leaving Cert. I sure showed them, and now my 5 points hangs gallantly, framed upon my wall.
    And though I know I may never be able to walk again, though my vocal chords are critically damaged; I know I can have whatever future that I want, because I have 5 points, and that will make all the difference.

Eathrin wrote: »
    What a lovely thought.
    Not only do I only get 5 points, I get severely crippled, rendering me useless to sit any exams, except for English where I manage to narrate about half a page of an essay to my scribe before I run out of energy, granting me a lower level D3 and 5 points in the leaving cert.
    They all thought I would get 0, nobody believed in me when I told them I would achieve in my Leaving Cert. I sure showed them, and now my 5 points hangs gallantly, framed upon my wall.
    And though I know I may never be able to walk again, though my vocal chords are critically damaged; I know I can have whatever future that I want, because I have 5 points, and that will make all the difference.

Go get 'em son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ok, so I have my Mock French Oral tomorrow and am covering the following:
    • Mon Document (La pression des examens)
    • Myself, My Family, Where I live
    • My School, subjects etc.
    • What I want to do next year, what I will do if I don't get points
    • TY
    • Holidays and Weekends
    • Pastimes (music, sport, books, tv)
    • Career
    • 2 Topical issues: Employment and Emigration
    • Effects of Pollution
    • What I would do if I were the Minister of Enviroment
    • Some Subjunctive sentences
    • Fillers
    • Ways out (if you don't know stuff)
    I think that's all! What do ye think, should I be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I HATE PAPER TWO.

I'm about to rant, feel free to ignore, or TL;DR. Seriously.

So English Paper Two came back today. One of the teachers corrected all the paper twos. Anyone who's in one of his classes did really well in whatever segments they have him for (we have four english module thingys.) But I dropped him from last year, because I spent poetry sleeping. I almost failed paper two. 44%. Now, I wouldn't mind, BUT I GOT A ****ING B1 IN PAPER ONE. I wrote a five page essay for Hamlet, and 4 for Comparative (we've only done two texts so far). I ran out of time for poetry, but for the TWO PARAGRAPH PLATH ESSAY he gave me 16/50. The two paragraph unseen poetry got 8/50. He docked one mechanical point for every word I spelt wrong. Seriously. I'm so upset because I'm relying on English for a B2, and now my cumulative mark is scraping a C3. The parents are pissed off because I've barely passed my mocks, so I'm upset too. ARGH.

Sorry guys.
    Just so you know, unseen poetry isnt 50, its 20! 16/50 for two paragraphs is quite good :) if i were you id just get a second opinion!

our maths teacher told us a bit of the mock marking scheme for P2 today, lol omg its ridiculously liberal...maybe i might get a C in the end :P

my english teacher and my history teacher had a debate today with two students (part of awareness week in our school, no idea what the awareness is for but anyway :pac:) on whether germany should have fiscal control over us or not and it was SO FUNNY :pac: My English teacher is practically a comedian and my history teacher is too, unintentionally usually :P, and he was like UP THE RA :D and my english teacher was like 'in fairness we just went crazy building things, we didnt kill 6 million jews' and said 'oops, wasnt trying to be funny!' when everyone laughed.

then my history teacher goes

wait for it

you're gas :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Lads, I PASSED MATHS!!!!!!!!!! :D

It was probably marked a little easily, but still, I got 57% - a C3*! So happy with it! After only starting the course five months before the mocks I consider 85 points pretty damn decent. :D :P

*I studied my arse off for the Maths mock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Togepi wrote: »
    Lads, I PASSED MATHS!!!!!!!!!! :D

It was probably marked a little easily, but still, I got 57% - a C3! So happy with it! After only starting the course five months before the mocks I consider 85 points pretty damn decent. :D :P
    Congratulations!! :D

well done togepi!! beat me by two grades, hoping my paper 2 drags me up :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    well done togepi!! beat me by two grades, hoping my paper 2 drags me up :P

I had done no practice exam questions for paper 2, but still managed to do just as well as I did on paper 1. :D I'd say you'll go up, otherwise ours was probably marked way too easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

57 in business. Nothing great, but it's a solid foundation to build on :)

Did a second mock Irish oral today. I mentioned I'd like to be an Irish teacher and the módh cionniollach question she asked me was ''If I was a teacher what I'd do to make Irish more popular for students.'' Tough one but good practise I guess :)

• Advertisement

13spanner wrote: »

Did a second mock Irish oral today. I mentioned I'd like to be an Irish teacher and the módh cionniollach question she asked me was ''If I was a teacher what I'd do to make Irish more popular for students.'' Tough one but good practise I guess :)
    Remove the modh coiniollach for one :P just learn the most common verbs and youll be fine, e.g rachainn/dearfainn/cheanoinn etc :)
    I had done no practice exam questions for paper 2, but still managed to do just as well as I did on paper 1. :D I'd say you'll go up, otherwise ours was probably marked way too easily!
    yeah, studying does nothing, you have no idea what theyll ask or not ask :( haha hopefully :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

13spanner wrote: »

I've heard the modh coinniollach question has been removed but it doesn't hurt to throw it in!

Am I crazy? Suddenly I hate everything and half the students in my school and half the teachers too. I'm not usually so cynical, I feel like I'm becoming a misanthrope. It's probably just the stress I'm under this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Am I crazy? Suddenly I hate everything and half the students in my school and half the teachers too. I'm not usually so cynical, I feel like I'm becoming a misanthrope. It's probably just the stress I'm under this week...

You're definitely not the only one, I've missed 4 days of school in the last 2 weeks because of the stress of dealing with school-related people. :P

You're bound to get a bit annoyed by some people if you've been around the same students and teachers for the past five years! Fairly normal I'd say, plus stress makes people a bit neurotic. ;)

Or... Maybe it's just your time of the month. :P

Lads - how does the mechanics part of HL English work? My teacher (who is amazing <3) bases it solely on spelling and grammar, but I got 7/10 in my essay with no mistakes? :S

Lads - how does the mechanics part of HL English work? My teacher (who is amazing <3) bases it solely on spelling and grammar, but I got 7/10 in my essay with no mistakes? :S

Some of it goes for punctuation. You'd hardly lose three marks for that though.

I always get full marks in it, but this year my teacher docked my a mark for putting the apostrophe in the right place. :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I got my new glasses today. Christ I'm blind! :P

Anyways 4 day weekend :D but a serious amount of study to be done :/ my home ec teacher thinks that it's the only subject we have and have us 5 exam paper question and about 6 worksheets :( oh the woes of an lc student :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Blame the Leaving Cert!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I got my new glasses today. Christ I'm blind! :P

Anyways 4 day weekend :D but a serious amount of study to be done :/ my home ec teacher thinks that it's the only subject we have and have us 5 exam paper question and about 6 worksheets :( oh the woes of an lc student :rolleyes:

Well, if it makes you feel better. You're doing work, my Home Ec teacher has been out all week so instead of doing work I've just played Minecraft with my friend on his Laptop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's just stress tbh.

Tho ofc Togepi *could* have a point ... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Jeez thank god i'm not the only one :D
    Lately I hate everything and everyone in my school :( my friends are being all over the shop too :(

In other news our class was doing the second last irish picture , the one with the guy working in the supermarket (my pic ) :) lolz anyways my teacher goes he left his job and was able to go to college because if he stayed he would be working there for life :( i'm seriously offended :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Oh yeah, is it just me who feels completely wrecked after the mocks? I finished them last week but ever since then I've felt completely burned out and it's horrible :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It's just stress tbh.

Tho ofc Togepi *could* have a point ... >_>

And if it's not just stress, what harm! Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy misanthropy.

right?

...right? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aomame

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STUDY!!!!

You're bound to get a bit annoyed by some people if you've been around the same students and teachers for the past five years! Fairly normal I'd say, plus stress makes people a bit neurotic. ;)

Or... Maybe it's just your time of the month. :P

I don't know, I generally try to like everyone, but lately it's as if I'm trying to find the flaws in people to hate them for.
    I know, that's pretty horrible, I'm just in a rotten mood.
    Jeez thank god i'm not the only one :D
    Lately I hate everything and everyone in my school :( my friends are being all over the shop too :(

In other news our class was doing the second last irish picture , the one with the guy working in the supermarket (my pic ) :) lolz anyways my teacher goes he left his job and was able to go to college because if he stayed he would be working there for life :( i'm seriously offended :mad:
    These are odd times indeed maybe we should grant others a bit more space? We're not right in the head!
    finality wrote: »
    And if it's not just stress, what harm! Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy misanthropy.

right?

...right? :(
    It's probably the stress, misanthropy doesn't go down too well with other people as is usually the case:)

Also, odd of me but for some reason I hate everything we're doing for seachtain na Gaeilge. Not much; céilí, seomra comhrá ag am lón, announcements through Irish, Tráth na gceist etc..

Now nobody's going to get why I hate it. I just don't like it at all. For me, it's false, it's not Irish, the gaeltacht is Irish, they have Céilí for the craic, they speak Irish as a means of communication, it's not forced.
    I walked into the lunch and someone starts talking to me "Conas atá tú", maybe slightly irrational of me but I walked straight out of there. It felt wrong, it wasn't real.
    I've loved Irish for the past two years but someone saying something as ordinary as Conas atá tú(It was more the context than anything) to me just sank my heart.
    And what an awful céilí, a bunch of lads walking back and forth half arsed as if we're doing something traditional!
    I want to be Irish but not like this.

What I just wrote probably doesn't even make sense, I'm not going to re-read it. I'm such a loony.

Nah I get you, no one would randomly say 'how are you' so conas ata tu just sounds so 'look at me, im speaking irish for a week!' when it should be all the time or never!

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Nah I get you, no one would randomly say 'how are you' so conas ata tu just sounds so 'look at me, im speaking irish for a week!' when it should be all the time or never!

This is exactly what I mean.
    Obviously I shouldn't criticise others for making an effort to improve their Irish but for some reason today was a small bit sad for me. Just like how Santa's not there and we still get presents the Irish language might be there, but I'm not really sure if it's still there.
    I suck at examples obviously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement