Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Also, odd of me but for some reason I hate everything we're doing for seachtain na Gaeilge. Not much; céilí, seomra comhrá ag am lón, announcements through Irish, Tráth na gceist etc..

Now nobody's going to get why I hate it. I just don't like it at all. For me, it's false, it's not Irish, the gaeltacht is Irish, they have Céilí for the craic, they speak Irish as a means of communication, it's not forced.
    I walked into the lunch and someone starts talking to me "Conas atá tú", maybe slightly irrational of me but I walked straight out of there. It felt wrong, it wasn't real.
    I've loved Irish for the past two years but someone saying something as ordinary as Conas atá tú(It was more the context than anything) to me just sank my heart.
    And what an awful céilí, a bunch of lads walking back and forth half arsed as if we're doing something traditional!
    I want to be Irish but not like this.

What I just wrote probably doesn't even make sense, I'm not going to re-read it. I'm such a loony.

I think that's a lot of the reason I don't like Irish. It's also like the main purpose of Irish is now actually to impress women in nightclubs abroad...the language is almost an inside joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I don't know, I generally try to like everyone, but lately it's as if I'm trying to find the flaws in people to hate them for.
    I know, that's pretty horrible, I'm just in a rotten mood.

These are odd times indeed maybe we should grant others a bit more space? We're not right in the head!

It's probably the stress, misanthropy doesn't go down too well with other people as is usually the case:)

Cian I'm feeling the exact same :( :L You are like the male me at the moment :P :L
    haha I keep finding flaws in everyone , got in the "everyone everywhere just sucks" mood yesterday too :L :)
    Yes stress is maybe it :) hopefully it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Am I crazy? Suddenly I hate everything and half the students in my school and half the teachers too. I'm not usually so cynical, I feel like I'm becoming a misanthrope. It's probably just the stress I'm under this week...

Oh dear lord I'm the exact same and I was always a bit of a bitch, but now I'm this super bitch who does nothing but fume about how annoying everything is. Like people who I used to always like are driving me INSANE. I'll probably like them again after the leaving, but in the mean time why is everyone so stupid and irritating? :mad:

And I'm after leaving my chem and physics papers in my locker and I'm not back in until tuesday. Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Why are so many people off tomorrow? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ah Lie in the best thing going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭checkcheek

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Oh dear lord I'm the exact same and I was always a bit of a bitch, but now I'm this super bitch who does nothing but fume about how annoying everything is. Like people who I used to always like are driving me INSANE. I'll probably like them again after the leaving, but in the mean time why is everyone so stupid and irritating? :mad:

And I'm after leaving my chem and physics papers in my locker and I'm not back in until tuesday. Argh.

Its the L.C thats causing it all

You can use the exampapers on examinations

Ugh need to study this weekend but not interested at all

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Just buried my aunt today and my granny last week. :(

Let's just say it hasn't been an easy 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Manic2 wrote: »

Very sorry to hear that, lost my Aunt recently too. I know I'm a stranger but if you feel like you need to talk, PM me. :)
    From experience, don't bottle it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Hope you're ok, we're all here if you need a chat xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Went through the same thing last November. Think my own Gran won't be around for much longer either sadly. Like Siobhan says, we're all here:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lord, that's tough, Manic! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Thank you all! :)

Both from cancer. It's kind of bittersweet though, I like to think they battled together and died together and now, they're together again. Sad really, but it's a nice thought. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Barely got 200 points in my mocks, failed 2 and my highest was a c3. So low over it all, thought I'd done okay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Finally got the lot back!  Kind of disappointed, mainly with Irish and DCG.

Gaeilge:  C1  (Excluding the 50% for the oral and aural) - very disappointed, I've gotten B1s and B2s in Irish for the last 3 years, and I'm hoping for an A1 in the Leaving.  [2011:  B2]

English: C2 - pretty poor. After last year I'll have to get an A2 to avoid disappointment.  :o [2011:  B1]

Maths:  C3 - delighted!  :D  Only took up higher level this year and was expecting to scrape a pass at best.  [2011:  B1 (OL)]

Français;  A2  (Excluding the 25% oral) - satisfied with this one, it needs to improve by June though.  Would've been disappointed with any lower.  :P  [2011:  B2]

DCG:  D3  :(  (Excluding the 40% project) - I really need to improve this, have to get at least a B on the drawing paper to be happy in August.  [2011:  C2]

Phys/Chem:  D2 - I could've worked hard and gotten a B, but I didn't put the effort in, so I'm happy enough with this (only took the subject up 6 months ago). Hoping for an A1 here too provided I seriously knuckle down!  [2011:  X]

405 in total, just slightly better than last year's mocks.  I'd get my first choice with that but I still want to do far better.  Aiming to go up...  About 160 points?  Wish me luck.  :cool:

Thank you all! :)

Both from cancer. It's kind of bittersweet though, I like to think they battled together and died together and now, they're together again. Sad really, but it's a nice thought. :P
    That's a lovely thought. :)

In such a rotten mood. I'm stressed along with everyone else. But I take the time to help people when they need it. I ask for nothing in return, sure that's what friends are for. Only when I need a bit of help or support everyone seems to have ran away or are too immersed in themselves. Sound lads sound. :(

Sorry rant over.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    In such a rotten mood. I'm stressed along with everyone else. But I take the time to help people when they need it. I ask for nothing in return, sure that's what friends are for. Only when I need a bit of help or support everyone seems to have ran away or are too immersed in themselves. Sound lads sound. :(

Sorry rant over.

That kind of happens me sometimes, always there for people but then it seems like there's no one when I need them!

PM if you ever feel like some ranting/whining/support. :)

Togepi wrote: »
    That kind of happens me sometimes, always there for people but then it seems like there's no one when I need them!

PM if you ever feel like some ranting/whining/support. :)

Thanks togepi :) ah it's just been one of those weeks/fortnights and judging by everyones comments were all on the same boat :P I just needed to vent :)

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Thanks togepi :) ah it's just been one of those weeks/fortnights and judging by everyones comments were all on the same boat :P I just needed to vent :)

Yup, it's nice to know we're not the only ones! :P

On a positive note, I just discovered that there's a Pokémon forum. Life = made. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

so last half hour of my bday :)
    Best day ever even though it was just school and work :)

PS. Maniac I'm really sorry to hear :( hope you and your family are ok :(

• Advertisement

Kind of (almost) late, but - Happy Birthday!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Best day ever even though it was just school and work :)

PS. Maniac I'm really sorry to hear :( hope you and your family are ok :(

Happy Birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Happy birthday kitten! :D And Siobhan you can always rant here, its what we're for :P

Sorry to hear Maniac :(

I used to go to the Pokemon forum a good bit, actually random battled someone from it on wifi, they didnt believe all my shinies were legit :P Kinda lost interest though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Nooo!
    My pink stars,
    my custom avatar,
    my Hamlet tag.

All gone:(

I sure will miss you subscription, thanks for the new name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 shanegorman

Does anyone here know of any good online resources for DCG? I'm absolutely terrible at it since going into Leaving Cert and I really want an A or B 'cause I know it's achievable if I really work at it.

Nearly failed it last year so if you know of any useful sites please post a link!

Yea www.t4.ie or if you can do past technical drawing questions you will be well able for the DCG ones as they are usually that bit easier! Good luck!

Soo don't feel like going out today :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm spending today studying...

CTYIgirl wrote: »

Looks like I'm doing that too. As my dad says, today spent studying...a day you'll be thankful for during the LC.

Or something along those lines haha

May well be staying in today too. Not arsed going out seeing everyone get locked, especially when half of them will be like fourteen. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

CTYIgirl wrote: »

Me too! I'm not really into Paddy's day tbh!
    Looks like I'm doing that too. As my dad says, today spent studying...a day you'll be thankful for during the LC.

Or something along those lines haha

Wise man, he speaks the truth!
    May well be staying in today too. Not arsed going out seeing everyone get locked, especially when half of them will be like fourteen. :rolleyes:

So true, little bottles of Vodka everywhere and they passing out after a sip :rolleyes:.

I'm just about to start my Essays, i'm determined to get an A1 in English. I need it for points like! I've given up my English teacher a LG Essay, Thomas Kinsella essay and a Part (B) this week. Now i'm gonna do a Sylvia Plath essay and a Paper I composition! I got an A2 in the Mock but I really think I got lucky. The only way is up lads! Chat you later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement