Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm writing a Literary Genre, Vision and Viewpoint and Theme essay, then I'll do something for Hamlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I plan on speaking French aloud to myself for as much of the day as possible (in other words, whenever I'm home alone so my family don't think I've gone crazy). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I have home ec coming at me from everywhere. Make it stop!!!

Oh and belated happy birthday kitten!! Are you now a cat? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I have home ec coming at me from everywhere. Make it stop!!!

Oh and belated happy birthday kitten!! Are you now a cat? :P

suppose i am :P :) Historycat doesnt have the same ring to it though :rolleyes: :P :pac:

Thank you guys for your birthday wishes :) I appreciate it :) first drink yesterday and it was vile :cool:

And Eathrin , I miss the Hamlet tag :(

Togepi , I love the pokemon forum too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

God, I feel like I've missed out on so much on this! I get too tired in the evenings to do anything...even turning this laptop on is effort to me! Anyway, roughly 38 school days left!! Everytime I do something like this I say "Sh*t just got real" but i've said it so much i need to come up with something else! :pac:

Anyways, I don't feel like doing anything today, maybe next year I'll be in the mood to celebrate my irishness :p
    Times passing pretty damn fast now, so naysus the next time I get on it may be the orals :pac: I'd say I'll start studying in April, but what with Orals, then practicals I doubt I'll have time to do much else. Still...counting down the days eh?

Oh and also, Happy Belated Birthday HistoryKitten xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

suppose i am :P :) Historycat doesnt have the same ring to it though :rolleyes: :P :pac:

Thank you guys for your birthday wishes :) I appreciate it :) first drink yesterday and it was vile :cool:

And Eathrin , I miss the Hamlet tag :(

Togepi , I love the pokemon forum too :)

'Registered user' just doesn't have the same ring to it:P
    And the avatar, I miss him, back to zoidberg I guess.
    Hooray for Zoidberg!

was just looking at what has to be done this weekend for next week, got few pieces of homework (btw is anyone else's teachers going hot and cold with how much homework they give? Tonne this week, looks like next week will be slow)

I was like, "sure thats grand, got plenty of time!!"
    Just realised i have the field study for geography, my teacher wants it finito by friday :(
    so thats my monday ruined :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

AnnaKin wrote: »
    was just looking at what has to be done this weekend for next week, got few pieces of homework (btw is anyone else's teachers going hot and cold with how much homework they give? Tonne this week, looks like next week will be slow)

I was like, "sure thats grand, got plenty of time!!"
    Just realised i have the field study for geography, my teacher wants it finito by friday :(
    so thats my monday ruined :pac:
    Ah, the Geography Fieldstudy! I've mine all corrrected, nicely typed up and 50 words under the word count! :D Hoping for 95%+. I just really wanna get it written into the booklet and away at this stage.

I had a Sylvia Plath essay off old papers that I decided to do (for the fun I guess :/) and give it into my Teacher on Tuesday. I only spend 50 minutes max. on my poetry essay because that's all you get in your exam. I did about 4.5 pages but only got discussing 3 poems! (Morning Song, Child, Poppies in July). Is that too little? I ussually get the time to discuss 4 poems but this time I could barely get time to do a general introduction, the 3 poems and a concluding paragraph!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Hating life with this cast right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Ah, the Geography Fieldstudy! I've mine all corrrected, nicely typed up and 50 words under the word count! :D Hoping for 95%+. I just really wanna get it written into the booklet and away at this stage.

I had a Sylvia Plath essay off old papers that I decided to do (for the fun I guess :/) and give it into my Teacher on Tuesday. I only spend 50 minutes max. on my poetry essay because that's all you get in your exam. I did about 4.5 pages but only got discussing 3 poems! (Morning Song, Child, Poppies in July). Is that too little? I ussually get the time to discuss 4 poems but this time I could barely get time to do a general introduction, the 3 poems and a concluding paragraph!

Tbh, 3 is probably to little. I've been told minimum 5/6 and on a good day 7. See if you can smush in some extra references (ie her use of color is seen in both Poppies and The arrival of the bee box, maybe a short quote then continue on with your original point) just to bring the poem count up

• Advertisement

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Tbh, 3 is probably to little. I've been told minimum 5/6 and on a good day 7. See if you can smush in some extra references (ie her use of color is seen in both Poppies and The arrival of the bee box, maybe a short quote then continue on with your original point) just to bring the poem count up

7 :eek:.. Whut.

We've actually only done 5 Plath poems, I only just realised that looking through the book! I'm not that crazy about Plath tbh, now Rich, there's a good poet imo! :D Hoping she'll be on, there seems to be a massive thing about Plath though with most people! You never know, they could put 2 females on the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Could you do me a huge favour and tell me what way you wrote your field study? :P

Like was it all concise and to the point or did you go into detail? :D

As in was it "Aims = xyz" or "The aims of my geographical investigation include xyz" :D

Gonna be an irresponsible student and get my vodka on tonight :D sure we're only preparing ourselves for college, right? ;) :P

Is anyone else turning into a complete introvert this year? I've always been a bit introverted (and I'm fine with that), but this year I'm just way worse! If I get a text asking if I'm going out my stomach sinks, I always think it sounds way nicer to just chill out at home. Basically I'm never in the mood for going out!

Togepi wrote: »
    Is anyone else turning into a complete introvert this year? I've always been a bit introverted (and I'm fine with that), but this year I'm just way worse! If I get a text asking if I'm going out my stomach sinks, I always think it sounds way nicer to just chill out at home. Basically I'm never in the mood for going out!

I'm the same, I hate going out at the moment because its almost always a bad night, I hate all the places we go to and someone always gets too drunk and ruins everything. I'm hoping next year will be better, after realizing this years the first year I can go to Pride in June but I don't think I've anyone to go with :/

I'm usually like that. But I haven't been out since new years, so I'm kinda excited about going out now later :P

I'm the same, I hate going out at the moment because its almost always a bad night, I hate all the places we go to and someone always gets too drunk and ruins everything. I'm hoping next year will be better, after realizing this years the first year I can go to Pride in June but I don't think I've anyone to go with :/

For me it's not even that it's a bad night, it's just the effort! Plus the last few times I went out it was with college peeps and they were just like "god town is so crap compared to going out in college", and I'm just like yeah, that's great. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've always preferred having a get together at one friend's house to going out.

Woah, you mean there's an actual event in June that isn't on during the exams?!?! :eek: :P You never know, you might find someone to go with by then. :)

Its on the 26th as far as I know! So thats 4 days for even the really late finishers to recover :P

I'm usually like that. But I haven't been out since new years, so I'm kinda excited about going out now later :P

Same, yeah I just need to get excited for going out and I'll be grand. Think I might actually go out, need a rendez-vous with the gang! :D
    Its on the 26th as far as I know! So thats 4 days for even the really late finishers to recover :P

Sweet! I think that's the day I'm going to see Red Hot Chili Peppers, gonna be epic. :D

Ah, the Geography Fieldstudy! I've mine all corrrected, nicely typed up and 50 words under the word count! Hoping for 95%+. I just really wanna get it written into the booklet and away at this stage.

ahhh jebas i have yet to do that :o

well then i'm an epic fail... Only ever do three, never done more and my teacher (and any teacher in my school) only ever says do three, never gotten lower than a b2 on a poetry essay!! Only studied 5 poems for each poet :rolleyes: I wont worry anyway!

• Advertisement

I know how you feel! I went out for a friends birthday recently, was my first outing since NYE, so it was an epic night, but if I had no reason to be out..i dont think I'dd enjoy it as much tbh. There's people in my year out EVERY weekend, and they also maintain jobs and still manage to study. I get tired looking at them.
    I'd say the next time I go out will be my BFF's 18th, then not till graduation after... Besides, I dont have the money for that craic! I'm really not fussed. What annoys me is that there's people who assume you're a loner or dry-s***e because you dont go out. I'd rather be seen as a loner than what they are...which is desperate! :mad: They're all really fake, I'll be glad to be rid of some of them :rolleyes:

Which reminds me... I had quite a few classmates cheating in the mocks, and I've a feeling they will chance it again come june... would you guys tell, or stay quiet? I really wanted to tell, but to risk that and have to see them everyday would scare me!!

Same, yeah I just need to get excited for going out and I'll be grand. Think I might actually go out, need a rendez-vous with the gang! :D

Sweet! I think that's the day I'm going to see Red Hot Chili Peppers, gonna be epic. :D

Exactly! You really have to be excited for it to be a good night. I'm looking forward to a night with the girls :)

Christ did ye just hear about the poor footballer Muamba? I really hope he's ok.

Exactly! You really have to be excited for it to be a good night. I'm looking forward to a night with the girls :)

Yeah it should be good! Gonna see a couple of loads of people I haven't seen since New Year's. :) Can't believe it's been that long since I've seen them (they're like my best friends...). :( But sure, it'll make tonight more craic!
    Christ did ye just hear about the poor footballer Muamba? I really hope he's ok.

God, just read about that. It's awful, hope he recovers.

I'm never really bothered going out. I do be so wrecked all the time without going out that sometimes it's not even an option for me. Without doubt I won't be going out until the Grad Mass and that'll be it for me until this Leaving is over. The last time I was out was a Friend's 18th about 2 months ago, there was only like 10 people there and it was so shíte. I don't drink either so, i'm never really that bothered!

My friend lost her passport :/ our night out hangs in the balance now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

if yiz werent in dublin for paddys day...missed out! :D :P

My friend lost her passport :/ our night out hangs in the balance now :(

Snap!! I just lost mine. :o And I look about twelve so I've no hope of getting into the one nightclub in town now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

So who else is staying at home tonight? Damn antibiotics :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm staying home cause I'm heading out tomorrow. The parentals think it'll be a sober night...they're very wrong. Buying my vodka in Tesco tomorrow afternoon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement