Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I think I'm over the mental breakdown I had yesterday, and earlier on, so now I'm just focused on getting work done!
    No time like the present to start study. :P

Btw, I have another Home Ec pre this Saturday, and another Biology pre next Monday. Woohoo!

Also, I have about 1 month to go from literally 0 French speaking ability, to being able to go into an oral and converse in the language. SHOULD GO WELL! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lads, are the reading comprehensions out of 40 or 50? Could have sworn it was 40...if its 50 im even more ashamed at my 14 and 37 than before, ugh! :pac: I'm usually so good at them, the examiner was really mean with them and thought I crossed stuff out when I didnt...totes awky momo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Lads, are the reading comprehensions out of 40 or 50? Could have sworn it was 40...if its 50 im even more ashamed at my 14 and 37 than before, ugh! :pac: I'm usually so good at them, the examiner was really mean with them and thought I crossed stuff out when I didnt...totes awky momo.

50! It used to be 35. :P Mine were marked really weirdly. :cool:

Oh god D: Thanks for clearing that up :P I've got work to do! :L

Oh god D: Thanks for clearing that up :P I've got work to do! :L

Same, I don't get the new marking for the comprehensions at all. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

suddenly have a craving to eat an Easter egg ..... hurry up Easter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Togepi wrote: »

Same.I got 30/50 in one and 32/50 in the other but when I added up the potential marks I could have only gotten a max of 40 in each.I dont even think the corrector knew what she was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Manic2 wrote: »
    I think I'm over the mental breakdown I had yesterday, and earlier on, so now I'm just focused on getting work done!
    No time like the present to start study. :P

Btw, I have another Home Ec pre this Saturday, and another Biology pre next Monday. Woohoo!

Also, I have about 1 month to go from literally 0 French speaking ability, to being able to go into an oral and converse in the language. SHOULD GO WELL! :pac:
    Moi aussi! Mais je pense que je serai bien! :P.. Peut-etre?

Moi aussi! Mais je pense que je serai bien! :P.. Peut-etre?

Em, I know what bien means, serai is the future tense of etre I know that, so basically all I get there is "I will be good" ?

Translation please? :P

Em, I know what bien means, serai is the future tense of etre I know that, so basically all I get there is "I will be good" ?

Translation please? :P

Not bad! That's basically it - '(but) I think I will be good' - apart from the 'me too' at the beginning and the 'perhaps' at the end. :P

• Advertisement

suddenly have a craving to eat an Easter egg ..... hurry up Easter :pac:
    I got one last week, so worth it :pac:
    Chavways wrote: »
    Same.I got 30/50 in one and 32/50 in the other but when I added up the potential marks I could have only gotten a max of 40 in each.I dont even think the corrector knew what she was doing.
    yeah on our xmas test we had one from the sample papers and it was out of 40 :confused:

yeah on our xmas test we had one from the sample papers and it was out of 40 :confused:

The old course just gave 9 marks for each question (bar one I think), in 4s and 5s. But this year all I got was 2s, 3s and 0s. :( I have no idea what each one's marked out of!

Are there any new marking schemes up online?

The old course just gave 9 marks for each question (bar one I think), in 4s and 5s. But this year all I got was 2s, 3s and 0s. :( I have no idea what each one's marked out of!

Are there any new marking schemes up online?
    I think the sample papers mark the old comprehensions differently though, theres the longer ones added in anyways, have a look :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I hate Irish. 10 sentences to translate, 5 sraithpictiuirí to write stories for and I've to learn the Modh Connoilliach. By myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh oh oh what's it like???? :D where didya get it? :)
    Got it off jjshouse, quite good now :) know a few people with huge problems and a japanese company :( its navy with an open back and one strap!:)
    Namlub wrote: »
    So my French teacher's been out for the last 3 weeks and she won't be back until after Easter (but she might not), and only last week did my school think to organise a sub. Now the sub's out too. Not blaming people for being sick, but there's only a few school days until the orals, other classes are having practice orals and this French girl is helping them with pronunciation and stuff, whereas we've just had about 15 free classes. Still don't know if I should do a document or not either...
    My english teacher has been out sick for 3 long periods of time since 5th year, we don't have our mock paper..just the result! But my french teacher retired in September, we got a teacher the 3rd week in November, it really sucks I feel for you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

History-98%/ 100 Points
    Accounting- 88% 90 points
    Physics- 81% 85 points
    Maths- 77% 105 points
    Spanish- 78% 80 points
    Applied Maths 70% 75 points
    English- 64% 65 points
    Irish (OL) 88% 50 points
    TOTAL: 535

Finally got all mine back! Quite happy though hopefully I can get 585 in June, as I think I need that to be safe! Though to be honest I'm stuck between Law & Business, BESS, and Economics and History. I just can't decide which one suits me most, and time is running out to make the decision!

Really just started to get nervous about these orals. :/

Je suis an-neirbhiseach :pac:

Really just started to get nervous about these orals. :/

Je suis an-neirbhiseach :pac:

That's exactly how I think most of the time - every sentence is half-Irish, half-French!

Forever waiting for a combination of Irish, English and French to become the sole world language. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's not just me mixing them all up?
    The letter came in the post today about my Irish oral -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Every time I think about the orals I keep telling myself that once they're over, I'll still have plenty of time to prepare for the real thing...then I remember that they are the real thing >_>

• Advertisement

Yeah I usually go on like that too, I usually just speak and stick in an Irish/French word somewhere, it's horrible. :L

Really what did the letter say? Was it about the real yoke?

I'm like that too, but the orals are my sole focus right now. :)

I still have to learn how to converse though, even when the teacher is just firing questions around the class, just keeping us on out toes, my stomach goes in knots, not because I don't know, but, it's like stage fright or something.

Like for my pre-Irish oral, I got so incredibly nervous, I couldn't stop shaking, I actually think I might faint in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

For ye worried about the Irish oral.
    According to this everyone's ****é anyway:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Not long untill the orals.. Anyone any tips on how to teach myself french/irish in time? I know nothing....

Eathrin wrote: »
    <YouTube>

I love that video, I've seen it so many times now in different Irish classes!

Yer wan's response to the caithsimh aimsire question is gas!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Eathrin wrote: »

Táim bróduil go thuig mé an chuid is mó do na bhfocail sa scannan seo:pac: Nickname? Roy Keane! Fúckin sap :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Got my mock Irish oral tomorrow, I'm prepared to do well in everything then completely wing it for the picture stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Cad is ainm duit?
    Je suis Timothy O'Dunne, je suis tres bien merci.

Can't imagine you could do worse than that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Gah, I need some motivation.. I know i'm capable of getting an A in Geography (A2 probably but an A1 isn't too far out of reach). My project is basically flawless and just has to be written into the booklet. I got 80% in my Mock (B1) with very little preparation, but I can't seem to get myself to study Geography at all! :rolleyes:. I don't know what it is about it, there's just so damn much to learn!

Anyone who does Geography, what should I learn for the Physical and Regional? I got a measly 53 and 54 out of 80 in these sections. They brought down my average score from 93% to 80% in the Mock. My Teacher has missed something like 15 double classes this year, including today and she really is no help what so ever! Do ye think this is enough to learn for Physical?

Physical Essays- 11 essays
    • Human Interaction with the Rock Cycle
    • Landform Development (Meander)
    • Human Interaction with Fluvial Processes
    • Structures of Deformation (Folding/Faulting)
    • Formation of Limestone Rock
    • Formation of Metamorphic rocks
    • Formation of Surface Landform Feature
    • Formation of Underground landform feature
    • Isostatic processes
    • Weathering
    • Plate Tectonics
    Regional Essays- 18 essays
    • Primary Activity (Ireland, Paris, SW USA, Mezzogiorno)
    • Secondary Activity (Ireland, Paris, SW USA, Mezzogiorno)
    • Tertiary Activity (Ireland, Paris, SW USA, Mezzogiorno)
    • Growth of Urban Regions (Ireland, Paris, LA)
    • Culture (SW USA,)
    • Effect of EU Enlargement on Irish Economy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Gah, I need some motivation.. I know i'm capable of getting an A in Geography (A2 probably but an A1 isn't too far out of reach). My project is basically flawless and just has to be written into the booklet. I got 80% in my Mock (B1) with very little preparation, but I can't seem to get myself to study Geography at all! :rolleyes:. I don't know what it is about it, there's just so damn much to learn!

Anyone who does Geography, what should I learn for the Physical and Regional? I got a measly 53 and 54 out of 80 in these sections. They brought down my average score from 93% to 80% in the Mock. My Teacher has missed something like 15 double classes this year, including today and she really is no help what so ever! Do ye think this is enough to learn for Physical?

• Isostatic processes
    • Weathering
    • Plate Tectonics
    • Culture (SW USA,)

Picture Frame if I was you lets say take physical: Learn meander because it is a guaranteed :D I only learnt waterfall and it always comes up,and the question that comes with it is either:
    Interaction with rock cycle
    Interaction with river processes
    Formation of igneous,sedimentary and metamorphic rocks

I would not suggest needing to know more than this and them regional essays are what I am preparing too so they seem ok :D Hope I helped...

• Advertisement

• Isostatic processes
    • Weathering
    • Plate Tectonics
    • Culture (SW USA,)
    Honestly I think thats everything :P Population distribution is awkward in regional and I'd avoid it. But be prepared for a comparison question like last year!

Also, would you mind shedding light on something for me? When you do, for example, human interaction with the rock cycle and the economic benefits - do you lay it out like interaction and 7 srp's then economic benefits and 7 srp's? and how big are your diagrams? my teacher says its 0 marks if its not a half A4 page but thats absolutely ridiculously big for something like plates where its just flipping rectangles and theres three diagrams, it'd look awful in an exam :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement