Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Got 465 points in my pres in total, I'm a bit disappointed cause I need at least 500, ideally 520.

I've been studying properly today though for once so the results are kind of a kick up the arse that I needed.

Orals are making me so nervous now too! Japanese especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Got 465 points in my pres in total, I'm a bit disappointed cause I need at least 500, ideally 520.

I've been studying properly today though for once so the results are kind of a kick up the arse that I needed.

Orals are making me so nervous now too! Japanese especially.

It's interesting that you do Japanese, what is the oral like for that in terms of layout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

God having to spend lots of time preparing answers for geography today :(
    They are answers I thought were worth full marks but after gettin mocks back they appear they are NOT! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Writing my first Kinsella essay now, well I might do a quick prep tonight then write it tomorrow. Has anyone any tips on him?
    I have to say I didn't really enjoy him that much on the first read through!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys my French oral is the Monday we get back after Easter and my Irish oral is the Monday after.

I haven't learnt any of the pictures for Irish like ever. Is there any point at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Guys my French oral is the Monday we get back after Easter and my Irish oral is the Monday after.

I haven't learnt any of the pictures for Irish like ever. Is there any point at this stage?

Coeur you have 3/4 weeks till your proper oral , if you learn one pic a day , you'll be grand :P Plus you have 2 weeks over easter to learn it all , you'll be fine :) i havent learned them yet either :rolleyes: :) it'll be grand :)

Mock oral this weekend and I haven't even looked at most of them before.
    My teacher asked me to describe one the other day and I almost made it seem as if I'd been working on it, they're not that bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Course! Chill! :D

My French Oral is also the Monday we go back (at 2.30 pm exactly), my Music practical is on the Tuesday. I'm planning on leaving all of the Irish Oral until the Music Practicals are finished. Guesstimating that my Irish Oral is on the following Tuesday, I have all of Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday to study! Roughly 6 hours of just Irish Oral each day means i'll have 36 hours done! Tis loads!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Eathrin wrote: »
    Writing my first Kinsella essay now, well I might do a quick prep tonight then write it tomorrow. Has anyone any tips on him?
    I have to say I didn't really enjoy him that much on the first read through!

Kinsella was an okay poet to write on! You just generally write about how he describes the passing of time and "brutal realities" and stuff like that! Most of his stuff is about his past so... Mirror in February is the easiest for a Kinsella essay! bet he'll be up come june :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Hey, does anyone know where I can find figures of how many applied for a certain course in previous years or are these figures available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Take a day out of the Easter holidays and practice them all! It'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Does anybody know where you can listen to examples of Irish/French orals? My Irish teacher has a cd but is there any place online? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Think I've hit the wall. ****ty week, Geog project and two orals in 3 weeks, classes all through Easter, English pre at 9 tomorrow morning so it's an extra long week and a splitting headache. Had enough at this stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

flyswatter wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know where I can find figures of how many applied for a certain course in previous years or are these figures available?

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=app_stats

Patchy~ wrote: »

Nice, but you linked to your playlist where I found this.
    Ah now Patchy:pac:

I knew someone would go rooting in it! :P

That was such an awful version of it, I dont remember why I liked it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Is this what you're looking for? http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=app_stats

That's the idea, except that for the names of individual courses in colleges and not the study areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

flyswatter wrote: »
    That's the idea, except that for the names of individual courses in colleges and not the study areas.

I looked for that before too but that link is the closest I found as well. Doubt that sort of detailed statistics are available for public access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Right, all the mocks back now, so this is the shhtory...

English - 71
    Irish - 63
    Maths (OL) - 55
    German - 59
    Ag. Science - 58
    Business - 57
    History - 54
    LCVP - 89% = distinction

I got 390, and that's what my course was last year so I'd like to be 420+ to be safe. Not bad results I guess, but room for improvement as always :o For the next 10 weeks I'm off facebook and nights out. Leaving Cert, come at me bro! :D

• Advertisement

Anyone else gonna be at the trinity maths workshop tomorrow? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Couldnt help but snoop either Patch and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQcuSnvHtC0&feature=BFa&list=LLq6DBkb7C3BIR7h0p5uAxUA&lf=my_liked_videos :) lolz i love this :P Your playlist is so cute Patch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm confused, are ye on about the Mika song? I've been listening to that for the past few weeks, je l'adore! :D

Couldnt help but snoop either Patch and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQcuSnvHtC0&feature=BFa&list=LLq6DBkb7C3BIR7h0p5uAxUA&lf=my_liked_videos :) lolz i love this :P Your playlist is so cute Patch :)
    hehe yeah i went on a bit of a sabrina marathon a while back :P Thank you :P
    Togepi wrote: »
    I'm confused, are ye on about the Mika song? I've been listening to that for the past few weeks, je l'adore! :D
    Yep, thats what I linked but everyone snooped around my playlist :P Such a deadly song, je l'adore aussi. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh matrices... You do know how to keep an honours Maths student happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stapler10

hey is anyone else going to be underage for college? I will be and i am pretty worried about not being able to get in to pubs and nightclubs, does anyone know if it is hard to get in places when you are underage for college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

stapler10 wrote: »
    hey is anyone else going to be underage for college? I will be and i am pretty worried about not being able to get in to pubs and nightclubs, does anyone know if it is hard to get in places when you are underage for college?

With some colleges, if you go to pubs on-campus, they just assume you're overage. :)

*SNORE* I'm tireddd. I started study at 8.30 this morning so i'm going for a break.. :P. There's an easter egg in my kitchen which I might just sneakily eat when everyone's out! hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

*SNORE* I'm tireddd. I started study at 8.30 this morning so i'm going for a break.. :P. There's an easter egg in my kitchen which I might just sneakily eat when everyone's out! hehehe

:eek: You actually take breaks? :rolleyes:

Sorry had to say it! I will refrain from now on.

• Advertisement

silversky wrote: »
    :eek: You actually take breaks? :rolleyes:

Sorry had to say it! I will refrain from now on.
    Yes! Silversky, I certainly do! :D

Thank you, let's not be biatches.. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement