Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

subz3r0 wrote: »
    6th Year really IS flying after Christmas!

I'm finding its taking FOREVER. Christ I'd happily sit the leaving in the morning tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm in two minds. On one hand I just want to take it and get it done because at the least I'd (probably!) get my course, its pretty low points for me. On the other hand, I want to do well, but I have less than 30 school days left :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads I dunno if I should drop down to lower level maths or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

finality wrote: »
    Oh god there's no feeling like getting a really difficult applied maths question right. :D

Too right you are.
    Most relatable subject is accounting. Actually no I think Accounting is the best subject for feeling good after getting one right.
    Both subjects where you think you're bound to make a mistake somewhere in the question:D
    Siobhnk wrote: »

No bonus points are too good:eek:

And maths is piss-easy:rolleyes:
    Here comes the shít storm:pac:

Seriously though, I'd say its repetitive enough you could do well with practice no problem.

How'd you do in the mock? If you passed, stick with it! But if you're gonna drop make sure to give yourself time to get used to the OL course too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Oh god there's no feeling like getting a really difficult applied maths question right. :D

Haha true :D Happened to me doing exam papers outside in the sun today... nothing makes me happier :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've done nothing today. Meh.

I'm getting a new English Paper II copy tomorrow and writing up all my essay plans. I MUST LEARN THEM WELL.

Also Geography is wrecking my títs. Who honestly cares about the erosive processes involved in the formation of a Meander. Not me for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Patchy~ wrote: »
    How'd you do in the mock? If you passed, stick with it! But if you're gonna drop make sure to give yourself time to get used to the OL course too. :)

34% :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If you passed the mocks stick with it. It'd be almost impossible to get an A1 in ordinary if you dropped at this stage, and even if you did it wouldn't even be as good as the 70+ you'd get for passing higher. You know you want those bonus points!! :)

*Edit*
    Just saw your last post, you nearly passed! A bit of work and you should be grand, loads of people fail higher Maths in mocks, and they do a lot worse than you did and still pass the real thing! :) (I actually know a few who failed and then passed the real thing and even got Cs in it, so it's not unlikely by any means if you're willing to work hard.)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just can't motivate myself anymore....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

34% :/

Hey, thread stalker here.. I'd look over your papers if I were you and see how many points you lost on things you did, in fact, know and ''should'' have got.. e.g. I lost most of my marks in P2 on easy things like stats. (line of best fit, draw a graph, etc.) and it brought me down to an A2 (poor me lol!!).

If of the 66% you lost you don't know how to do them at all, OL might be more suited to you.

However, and I don't know you but still, I'd say that anyone who got more than 30% is probably not totally lost in the subject (plus I mean you've been in it for a year and 3 quarters) and should be able to pass with a bit of work.

And remember a pass = 70 points and a D1 = 80 points....

Also if you're going to drop, do it now as there's some stuff (albeit easy) that you'll need to know for OL that you probably haven't done since the JC..

Stick with it.

Fellow Frenchies, how do you say 'jersey' in French? Is it just 'le pull', or is there a different word for sports jerseys. I should know this but I can't remember it at all! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I know I'm a bit early, but by what stage do people usually have debs dates? Some people in my year have them but I don't know that many people I could bring :S

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Since I just made my first post on this thread, I thought I may as well make my second one as well:

I've been a thread stalker on this forum (particularly this thread) for much of the last year and I'd like to say that it has been a source of great comfort to me in these desolate months..

For that I thank ye good people.

PS: did feck all study today. :( and by that I mean none at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just want to focus on oral revision for the next few weeks but my other subjects keep getting in the way...and my Irish teacher has decided that now is the perfect time to work on aistes :rolleyes:

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Since I just made my first post on this thread, I thought I may as well make my second one as well:

I've been a thread stalker on this forum (particularly this thread) for much of the last year and I'd like to say that it has been a source of great comfort to me in these desolate months..

For that I thank ye good people.

Then stick around sure it's good craic:)
    PS: did feck all study today. :( and by that I mean none at all.

And I see you've learnt our motto too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I know I'm a bit early, but by what stage do people usually have debs dates? Some people in my year have them but I don't know that many people I could bring :S

I thought I was sorted but broke up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years a few weeks ago. Now I actually have to think about who to take! :(

Chuchoter wrote: »

Yeah same I'm debsdateless as of now, I'll probably end up leaving it too long then then forever alone:P

Edit:
    I thought I was sorted but broke up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years a few weeks ago. Now I actually have to think about who to take! :(
    Sorted so:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

I think you can say "maillot" for jersey in French :)

Could be wrong though, my french is not the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yeah same I'm debsdateless as of now, I'll probably end up leaving it too long then then forever alone:P

Edit:

Sorted so:pac:

Sure thing, see you there :o

• Advertisement

I think you can say "maillot" for jersey in French :)

Could be wrong though, my french is not the best!

That sounds strangely familiar, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I've done nothing today. Meh.

I'm getting a new English Paper II copy tomorrow and writing up all my essay plans. I MUST LEARN THEM WELL.

Also Geography is wrecking my títs. Who honestly cares about the erosive processes involved in the formation of a Meander. Not me for one.

that English Paper II thing sounds like an excellent idea!!! :p stealing it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Togepi wrote: »
    Fellow Frenchies, how do you say 'jersey' in French? Is it just 'le pull', or is there a different word for sports jerseys. I should know this but I can't remember it at all! :o

It's a 'maillot', fairly sure it's masculine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Mam and dad just had a 'serious talk' about me not studying enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Mam and dad just had a 'serious talk' about me not studying enough.

Hoozah! Me too, everytime my Mam says to me about studying I go and get my Economics mock and hand it to her- I taught myself and got a good grade in the mock and she says, everytime:
    *Sigh* 'I'm sorry PictureFrame, you know how much you need to study yourself, I won't annoy you about it'
    Works every feckin' time!
    LIKE A BOSS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm jealous. I've just been told I'm to show them what I do in class every day, and what I do in study. Oh, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm jealous. I've just been told I'm to show them what I do in class every day, and what I do in study. Oh, ffs.
    Mes parents tell me I do too much when I've done nothing and tell me I deserve a rest! :cool:

M&S* wrote: »
    Mes parents tell me I do too much when I've done nothing and tell me I deserve a rest! :cool:

My parents tell me I do fook all and should start putting the pen to paper.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Eathrin wrote: »
    My parents tell me I do fook all and should start putting the pen to paper.:(

Have they seen your results? :eek:

• Advertisement

My dad says nothing to me :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement