Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My parents let me do feck all at weekends, and then go mental when I go on Facebook for five minutes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Paid a teacher for exam papers back in December, think she pocketed the money at this stage tbh cause I haven't seen or heard about them! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Since I just made my first post on this thread, I thought I may as well make my second one as well:

I've been a thread stalker on this forum (particularly this thread) for much of the last year and I'd like to say that it has been a source of great comfort to me in these desolate months..

For that I thank ye good people.

PS: did feck all study today. :( and by that I mean none at all.
    :) stick around like Eathrin said, you will fit right in :)
    Welcome btw :)
    Eathrin wrote: »
    Yeah same I'm debsdateless as of now, I'll probably end up leaving it too long then then forever alone:P

Edit:

Sorted so:pac:

Same i'm deb dateless :( Forever alone :( Never going to work up the nerve to ask anyone either... Who to bring even :confused:
    Roses are red, I have a phone , nobody texts me , forever alone :rolleyes: Yes, I know, I should be a poet :P

Just back from work, so tired :( Only the month of april left until I get my study leave ... hurry up May, hurry up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Guys its not a big deal, I'm just bringing one of my friends coz she knows how to partaaaaaaaaay :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

M&S* wrote: »
    Have they seen your results? :eek:

Uh yeah and it's annoying because my results are fine for me, but my older brother was an absolute workaholic during the leaving cert so it's like I'm expected to do the same.

And in fairness too I'm not half the waster I used to be, I'm actually putting my fair bit of work in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's being practically flayed alive by their parents in relation to studying. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Lads I'm im starting to do a question on An Triail and I'm drawing blanks. The question is 'Déan trácht ar an tragóid a léirítear sa dráma seo agus ar an gcaoi a gcuirtear an tragóid sin os ár gcomhair'
    I know the play fairly inside out and Irish is one of my best subjects but I just can't seem to come up with enough paragraphs for this question. I can answer questions involving characters grand but this one has me fairly stumped. Any ideas and advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Lads I'm im starting to do a question on An Triail and I'm drawing blanks. The question is 'Déan trácht ar an tragóid a léirítear sa dráma seo agus ar an gcaoi a gcuirtear an tragóid sin os ár gcomhair'
    I know the play fairly inside out and Irish is one of my best subjects but I just can't seem to come up with enough paragraphs for this question. I can answer questions involving characters grand but this one has me fairly stumped. Any ideas and advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :D

Just talk about society, ''easpa críostaíocht'', ''an gcúlcaint agus an gceasadh ina h-áit dúchais féin'' and for 'an gcaoi a gcuirtear os ár gcomhair'' for the tragedy part (and the whole dúnmharú and féinmharú thing) , Déarfainn faoi the techniques :the courtroom, na aturnae. etc. used to tell the story..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Just manipulate! ;) All we've done is Padraig and Mathair Mhaire, it fits everything so far :) The tragedy could be the situation Maire ends up in - but how does she end up in it? Talk all about what Padraig did and how her mam didnt help her and how that in itself is tragic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Cheers guys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'd hate it so much if I had parents interfering with my study habits, the worst I get is an occasional "you haven't opened a book this whole weekend, come on now, go up and do an hour or two" at 7 or 8 on a Sunday. :L
    I'd no parental issues around the time of the junior cert either, thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

FML. Just sat on my headphones and broke them...this is the second time. IM SO ANGRY!!!! :( :'( how will I survive double bio tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My mam found my stash of Bacardi. "you're not a big drinker are you". Hahahahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    My mam found my stash of Bacardi. "you're not a big drinker are you". Hahahahahahaha.
    Ahhh jaysus thats brilliant! :D Made me day haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ahhh jaysus thats brilliant! :D Made me day haha :)

The best bit was she told me not to waste my money and take the stuff in the kitchen instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

M&S* wrote: »
    Mes parents tell me I do too much when I've done nothing and tell me I deserve a rest! :cool:

Mine are the exact same :/
    Siobhnk wrote: »

My mam made me put my stash of vodka in the kitchen cupboard :P when my brother was doing the leaving cert they found a stash of empty Jack Daniels bottles in his desk and thought he was secretly drinking instead of studying :pac:

So. Much. Weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Guys, I've actually lost every single piece of motivation to study :( I really didn't think I'd be this bad. I really need that slap in the face, big time :rolleyes: Any volunteers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Guys, I've actually lost every single piece of motivation to study :( I really didn't think I'd be this bad. I really need that slap in the face, big time :rolleyes: Any volunteers? :)
    I'll gladly take a slap in the face as well. Took today off school because I'm feeling pretty sick, was determined to get some degree of work done - ten episodes of Simpsons later and that's looking less and less likely..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Just wondring does anyone just study one subject rather than a balance,after getting home from school?
    I never really do and would probably be a waste of time :D

• Advertisement

David1994 wrote: »
    Just wondring does anyone just study one subject rather than a balance,after getting home from school?
    I never really do and would probably be a waste of time :D

I usually just do one or two, but then again that's mainly due to laziness. :pac:

Togepi wrote: »
    I usually just do one or two, but then again that's mainly due to laziness. :pac:

Haha :D I usually do three or four because otherwise I feel I am doing too little.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Point of notice.
    Picking the right course for yourself is a lot difficult than you may think.
    Trying to find the balance between a course you like, a course you think you'd be good at and a job that has realistic job prospects at the end of it is harder than the Leaving Cert itself.
    And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
    Don't pick a course almost entirely based on the fact that it has a cool name and get to wear labcoats.

Chris Martin
    1st Year Student UL
    Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Point of notice.
    Picking the right course for yourself is a lot difficult than you may think.
    Trying to find the balance between a course you like, a course you think you'd be good at and a job that has realistic job prospects at the end of it is harder than the Leaving Cert itself.
    And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
    Don't pick a course almost entirely based on the fact that it has a cool name and get to wear labcoats.

Chris Martin

1st Year Student UL
    Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry
    All that on top of fronting Coldplay? Fair play man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'm that good :cool:
    Where dyu think I'm getting the money for college!

I'm that good :cool:
    Where dyu think I'm getting the money for college!

Haha made my day :D Good old chuckle...hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

540551_204169383024782_176629429112111_347515_1125446971_n.jpg

On top of that my arm is absolutely aching! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

10er bet the weather will be like this for easter and the lc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

I'm actually getting so frightened about the orals. :(

For my document, I'm bringing in a picture of my dog, what questions could they ask me about it (OL)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Whichever gobshíte in the SEC thought that 20 picture sequences was a great idea for instilling the love of the Irish Language on Students must have been on drugs. Tá fearg orm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement