Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This place is more of a graveyard these days, everyone working and that:(

I got 207/240 in my oral, and to be honest I was disappointed. If I speak Irish fluently and naturally I don't see why they saw the need to deduct me marks all over the place when I answered well, quickly and comprehensively.
    Hopefully my LC examiner is more generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    This place is more of a graveyard these days, everyone working and that:(

Yes... Working...

<.<

>.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Yes... Working...

<.<

>.>

Yeah I'm always studying...>_>

What is this 'study' you speak of??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Oh I haven't been studying. I'm not going into school until 12 cause I'm avoiding a bio test that I didn't study for. Lads, wtf am I going to do, I need to go up 90+ points and I've been doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Studying in the sun atm, it says its 25C! Absolute heaven!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Been told by the doctor to not to do any strenuous activity, or study over the Easter holidays. Hahahahahahaha. God I hate viruses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Theres nothing like sitting out in the sun with the flu writing out physics definitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So I've been writing the same Hamlet essay for two weeks in English class. 1 page done. I just have a mental block around it. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pancake16

Does anyone know how to find out when you're on for the Irish and French orals? Is it done alphabetically or what? Is Irish the week before French?

We've been told nothing in school :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Pancake16 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to find out when you're on for the Irish and French orals? Is it done alphabetically or what? Is Irish the week before French?

We've been told nothing in school :(

I think Irish is the week before French, yeah.
    In my school it goes by class, so 6.1 then 6.2 then 6.3, and within each class group it's alphabetical.

I was going to be like 6th in my school but my friend asked to swap with me so now I won't be until like Wednesday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

They decided to do our Irish orals by English classes...my last name begins with F yet I'm on the first day :rolleyes: :(

Ah well, getting it overwith I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ThatGuy93

Anyone else finding it an absolute killer trying to study in this weather :rolleyes:

Our school has French first, I thought it'd be the same everywhere... Anyway, it's probably best to check with your teacher which is first to be safe!

Our school has French first, I thought it'd be the same everywhere... Anyway, it's probably best to check with your teacher which is first to be safe!
    Nope, Irish for us, you must go to school on the southside? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

finality wrote: »
    I think Irish is the week before French, yeah.

In ours Spanish and French are the week before Irish. I have Spanish on the first day back after the holidays :eek:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Nope, Irish for us, you must go to school on the southside? :P

Southside? Ha no, je vais à l'école à la campagne! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I've French on Friday.. Irish the next Monday. :(

Wesc. wrote: »
    I've French on Friday.. Irish the next Monday. :(

How did that happen?! :eek: Is your school really small or something? Normally they'd be a week apart for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

How did that happen?! :eek: Is your school really small or something? Normally they'd be a week apart for everyone.

No it's big. I'm asking for it to be changed but my principal is a right cuntt! It's done in order of classes, I'm in the last french class but the first Irish class...ugh!

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    No it's big. I'm asking for it to be changed but my principal is a right cuntt! It's done in order of classes, I'm in the last french class but the first Irish class...ugh!

That's awful! Most school seem to just do it alphabetically by base class, it just makes it fairer on everyone. You should definitely try to swap with someone though, dunno why your principal wouldn't let you. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Lads what do ye think our the best revision books for Geography,Biology and English?? I have a brilliant chemistry revision book by Peter Jackson,its tiny! Epic book :P Any ones for these subjects like this?

David1994 wrote: »
    Lads what do ye think our the best revision books for Geography,Biology and English?? I have a brilliant chemistry revision book by Peter Jackson,its tiny! Epic book :P Any ones for these subjects like this?

'New English Key Notes' is the best you'll get for English Paper II. It's amazing. :D And I don't do the other two do I've no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've French, then Irish. CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM TO BE OVER.

I'm supposed to be writing out Hamlet sample essays, as well as an essay on the Home Front during WW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Last higher level person in my year for Irish. Going to have every question asked analysed anyways... :pac:

You know they don't know your level, right?

*still hasn't done a tap of study*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

M&S* wrote: »
    Last higher level person in my year for Irish. Going to have every question asked analysed anyways... :pac:

*GASP* Really the only one??!!

M&S* wrote: »
    omg the jealousy! it'd be like free grinds :(

oh and togepi, i totally forgot about you non-dubliners for a sec there :P i just know its different in the south of dublin, but still, id prefer french first to get an idea of how the irish exam goes :eek:

Patchy, I'm in school on the southside, we've French first, then Irish. I feel sorry for one girl doing Irish and Japanese. Irish on the Tuesday, Japanese on the Wednesday!

• Advertisement

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Patchy, I'm in school on the southside, we've French first, then Irish. I feel sorry for one girl doing Irish and Japanese. Irish on the Tuesday, Japanese on the Wednesday!
    Lucky! :pac: Oh man that is such a stinger :eek: Then again Easter is plenty of time to practice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement